rec.sport.unicycling · Public discussion

New World Record ??? Please help

Started by olarf · · Last activity · 27 posts · 806 views

Thread navigation

Jump through the discussion

Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
rec.sport.unicycling
Published
31 May 2007
Last activity
4 June 2007
Original author
olarf
Posts
27
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
806
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 21–27 of 27
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. Wow, those are very impressive speeds.

    And 1hr40min for 24"/125mm is crazy fast. (I'm assuming that it was
    limited?).

    It's interesting that the Japanese are favouring 700c wheels with short
    cranks over Cokers. I have been riding a 29"/150mm on road now instead
    of my Coker and I'm really liking the lightweight. I think with short
    cranks it will be pretty comparable to a Coker.

    --
    GizmoDuck

    The Uninam Tour 2008.....Hanoi to Saigon!!!

    Email me for details.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    GizmoDuck's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/794
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/61324

    Posted Via Usenet.com Premium Usenet Newsgroup Services
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    ** SPEED ** RETENTION ** COMPLETION ** ANONYMITY **
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    http://www.usenet.com

  2. GizmoDuck said:

    It's interesting that the Japanese are favouring 700c wheels with short
    cranks over Cokers. I have been riding a 29"/150mm on road now instead
    of my Coker and I'm really liking the lightweight. I think with short
    cranks it will be pretty comparable to a Coker.

    I wonder if they are favoring the skinny 700c road tires or the fat
    29er tires? My guess is that they're going with the skinny road tires.
    Must be a smooth course (road surface) if they're going with the
    skinny tires.

    --
    john_childs

    john_childs (att) hotmail (dott) com
    Team Never Wash Your Muni
    Gallery: http://gallery.unicyclist.com/john_childs
    'Unicycling Bookmark List' (http://backcountry.unicyclist.com/) ::
    'World Clock' (http://tinyurl.com/2blym3)
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    john_childs's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/449
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/61324

    Posted Via Usenet.com Premium Usenet Newsgroup Services
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    ** SPEED ** RETENTION ** COMPLETION ** ANONYMITY **
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    http://www.usenet.com

  3. I have yet to see a Japanese rider with a fat tyre, so I'm pretty sure
    they're on skinny road 700c tyres unless they've changed their style.

    --
    GizmoDuck

    The Uninam Tour 2008.....Hanoi to Saigon!!!

    Email me for details.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    GizmoDuck's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/794
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/61324

    Posted Via Usenet.com Premium Usenet Newsgroup Services
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    ** SPEED ** RETENTION ** COMPLETION ** ANONYMITY **
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    http://www.usenet.com

  4. olarf said:


    First Place:
    Record *1:32:47*(42.195km)
    details:
    0:43:57( 20kmPost), Name-*Yuta Sugawara*, *Age-15*, Unicylce-*700C with
    50mmCrank*

    Second Place:
    Record *1:34:05*(42.195km)
    details:
    0:43:59( 20kmPost), Name-*Daiki Izumida*, Age-28, Unicylce-*700C with
    89mmCrank*

    Blimey! That's amazing. I make that top time 16.95mph average... on a
    700c! It's a shame the language difference means we usually only hear
    from the english speaking riders (Though in Japan their english is
    probably better than ours). Please say some of these people are going
    to Ride The Lobster 😉

    Sam

    --
    redwelly

    "Sometimes you feel like pizza, somethings you feel like chocolate,
    sometimes you feel like throwing up, so it's really nice to be able to
    pick and choose." - Ken Looi, -GizmoDuck-
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    redwelly's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4518
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/61324

    Posted Via Usenet.com Premium Usenet Newsgroup Services
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    ** SPEED ** RETENTION ** COMPLETION ** ANONYMITY **
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    http://www.usenet.com

  5. redwelly said:

    Please say some of these people are going to Ride The Lobster 😉

    Why? So we can teach them how to unicycle? :p

    --
    DustinSchaap

    FOUNDER OF EENWIEL.NL (\"HTTP://WWW.EENWIEL.NL\"😉
    *Sponsored by 'MUNICYCLE.COM' (http://www.municycle.com) , 'QU-AX'
    (http://www.qu-ax.com) and 'SEMCYCLE' (http://www.semcycle.com)*

    *I'm addicted to speed, but not the drug*
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    DustinSchaap's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/12614
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/61324

    Posted Via Usenet.com Premium Usenet Newsgroup Services
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    ** SPEED ** RETENTION ** COMPLETION ** ANONYMITY **
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    http://www.usenet.com

  6. GizmoDuck said:

    It's interesting that the Japanese are favouring 700c wheels with short
    cranks over Cokers. I have been riding a 29"/150mm on road now instead
    of my Coker and I'm really liking the lightweight. I think with short
    cranks it will be pretty comparable to a Coker.

    I rode round Taupo with the 700c and 125s- it would have been
    interesting to try with shorter cranks, but the wheel itself was
    definitely good and light for climbing all those hills. I dunno why
    people bother riding 29ers on the road when 28" tires are so cheap and
    fast. I've got a standard heavy coker now and the speed is good but the
    weight is heavy. Ken you set a pretty impressive marathon record at
    Taupo that time in 2004 you did a 160km lap in 7:43.13. Thats more than
    20km an hour average for nearly 8 hours! Makes the one and a half hour
    marathons seem like a quick sprint rather than an endurance race.

    --
    Rowan
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Rowan's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/3772
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/61324

    Posted Via Usenet.com Premium Usenet Newsgroup Services
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    ** SPEED ** RETENTION ** COMPLETION ** ANONYMITY **
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    http://www.usenet.com

  7. Can anyone tell me:

    What is the fastest speed recorded of someone pedaling on a unicycle?
    What is the fastest speed of someone moving (doesn't have to be
    pedaling, but still riding on the wheel) on a unicycle?

    Also, I have a 29" Sun (cheapo). I've upgraded the seat, tire, and
    pedals and I'm thinking about changing the cranks. I'm not sure how
    big the cranks are but if I do get a smaller size cranks, will I notice
    a difference in my speed/performance?

    I'd like to eventually get a 36" but they're out of my price range
    right now. Even more so, I would love to get a geared 29" (Schlumpf)
    but they're very expensive.

    --
    joejumps4fun

    ~*Joey*

    Check out my VIDEOS at www.geocities.com/jneigh4
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    joejumps4fun's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/12476
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/61324

    Posted Via Usenet.com Premium Usenet Newsgroup Services
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    ** SPEED ** RETENTION ** COMPLETION ** ANONYMITY **
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    http://www.usenet.com

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.