Newbie Clipless Pedals Question

Larry Gray

Guest
Hello,
I just purchased a used set of Look pedals (model number unknown) and
generic black cleats on ebay, and the left one won't clip in. The right one
seems extremely hard to unclip. My question, could the pedals be bad, or is
the problem the generic cleats? I've never used clipless before, so I'm
lost.

Thanks in Advance,
Larry

On Wed, 13 Oct 2004 22:57:01 GMT, "Larry Gray" <[email protected]>
wrote:

>Hello,
> I just purchased a used set of Look pedals (model number unknown) and
>generic black cleats on ebay, and the left one won't clip in. The right one
>seems extremely hard to unclip. My question, could the pedals be bad, or is
>the problem the generic cleats? I've never used clipless before, so I'm
>lost.
>
>Thanks in Advance,
>Larry

Hi Larry,

The first thought that I had was to ask:

Are the cleats on the shoes and those on your feet, or are you trying
all this holding the pedals and cleats in your hands?

I ask because I remember the first pair I tried (years ago) had me
convinced that I could never remove the cleat from the pedal once in
actual use.

By hand, they all seem impossible to me...

HTH,

--
Kenneth

On 2004-10-13, Larry Gray <[email protected]> wrote:

> I just purchased a used set of Look pedals (model number unknown) and
> generic black cleats on ebay, and the left one won't clip in. The right one
> seems extremely hard to unclip. My question, could the pedals be bad, or is
> the problem the generic cleats? I've never used clipless before, so I'm
> lost.

Probably the cleats. I bought a pair of generic Look-type cleats this
summer and had to spend a little time shaving them down to get them to
lock consistently and properly.

--

-John ([email protected])