uproared said:Hey guys,
I've just joined the 'road bike' world, having just purchased a Trek TCRc2. I used to ride a lot when I was younger (albeit a mountain bike) and Im looking forward to getting into it again.
Now, a quick question...When I'm at the traffic lights I don't have a problem uncleating, however when the lights turn green I always find it difficult to cleat back in. I'll try and just rest my left foot on the pedal and build some momentum before cleating (as to now hold up the traffic), but I always end up slipping.
So, is there a special trick for this or will I just get used to it? 🙂
Thanks in advance!
For the most part it's just time on the bike that will solve the problem you mentioned. But if you want to speed up the process go to a vacant parking lot and practice.
I've seen a lot of people who claim to great riders wobble like a 4 year old when they are at a crawl pace at a set of lights. Balance at slow speeds will help your bike skills emmensely at all speeds. Once you've mastered the cliping in and out you can practice track standing, but get everything else right first.
Some pedals are weighted so that the position themselves right way up, but not all, do a quick check to see if yours will do this for you, if not remember to flick them right way up when you stop.
It might have already been said but have your clipped in foot at 12pm so when you take off you can get 1/2 a revoultion.
Hope this helps
Fraggle