NEWSFLASH: Jan Ullrich has been fired by his team T-Mobile !

JohnO said:
JH: my friends and I are thinking about coming down to ride Beech Mountain sometime in late August or September. We're in central KY, so it's a bit of a drive but not too bad.

Mind you, I'm not saying that we will do very well, but we're going to try...

Be sure and bring an extra water bottle.That should be an excellent time to come as the weather should be pleasant.
It's not really the steepness that bad.........it's that it uphill.

JU is subject to the jurisdiction of the Swiss federation, since he moved to live there. :p

bauerfan said:
In more relevant news it has been confirmed that none of Ullrich, Basso or Mancebo will be permitted to compete in the Vuelta because of the accusations arising from the Fuentes affair (along with the entire Valencia team).

http://de.sports.yahoo.com/060727/12/8xdj.html
That's a falsche report (don't worry it's not the only one these days). Only Valenciana is out (untill now..). Anyway in the pressrelease i received from Unipublic (organizer Vuelta) it doesn't say anyware that Ullrich, Basso & co are not allowed to start at the Vuelta. Which is logical because Unipiblic can't ban Basso, JU & co (pro tour riders have the right to start unless their team don't let them, like at the TdF). It's up to the national federations now if they are going to ban the 58 riders or not, if they don't Unipublic can't ban them.

bauerfan said:
And the sky is blue. What is your point?
that is jan's primary residence. lance, floyd, etc. all have places in girona where they live half the year, but it's not they they "live" just like a dorm room in college isn't where you live, just where you stay.

cyclingheroes said:
That's a falsche report (don't worry it's not the only one these days). Only Valenciana is out (untill now..). Anyway in the pressrelease i received from Unipublic (organizer Vuelta) it doesn't say anyware that Ullrich, Basso & co are not allowed to start at the Vuelta. Which is logical because Unipiblic can't ban Basso, JU & co (pro tour riders have the right to start unless their team don't let them, like at the TdF). It's up to the national federations now if they are going to ban the 58 riders or not, if they don't Unipublic can't ban them.
How can they ride in the Vuelta if they are suspended (or fired in the case of Ullrich) from their teams?

nns1400 said:
How can they ride in the Vuelta if they are suspended (or fired in the case of Ullrich) from their teams?
They are not suspended by any federation, they are temporary suspended by their teams. The team can stop the suspension any time they want to as it's voluntarily. 5 riders where already cleared (Paulihno, Contador, Beloki and 2 others, all of Astana). The unibet.com team already gave Quesada permission to start again.

cyclingheroes said:
It wasn't in my pressrelease, but my apologies the report isn't false, a speakr of Unipublic confirmed that Jan Ullrich, Ivan Basso and Francisco Mancebo are not allowed to start at the Vuelta. How they arrange things legaly is not known at this moment (as the president of the Italian cycling federation, Rocco, said he would support Basso)...