nice salad dressing

> >>hello everyone i'm quite new around here and i would like to know what
> >>are some best salad dressings?

> > Does anyone have a recipe from Europe?

Eeeeek! You guys don't get it! Help me out, here, A-listers! I
don't need any "recipes from Europe," it relates to an old series of
spams to this group, usually perpetrated by kids just returning to
school. ;-)

N.

On Tue, 31 Jul 2007 08:02:08 -0700, Nancy2 <[email protected]>
wrote:

>> > Does anyone have a recipe from Europe?

>Eeeeek! You guys don't get it! Help me out, here, A-listers! I
>don't need any "recipes from Europe," it relates to an old series of
>spams to this group, usually perpetrated by kids just returning to
>school. ;-)
>
>N.

no, no, no. nuisance posts are generated when the kids *get out* of
school. get with the program.

your pal,
blake

"blake murphy" <[email protected]> wrote

>>Eeeeek! You guys don't get it! Help me out, here, A-listers! I
>>don't need any "recipes from Europe," it relates to an old series of
>>spams to this group, usually perpetrated by kids just returning to
>>school. ;-)

> no, no, no. nuisance posts are generated when the kids *get out* of
> school. get with the program.

I certainly remember the class assignment, post Do you know any
recipes from Europe. What that exercise was expected to teach, I
can't imagine. That teacher gets a D from me. At least assign them
to make up their own question!!

nancy

In article <[email protected]>,

> > > Does anyone have a recipe from Europe?

> Eeeeek! You guys don't get it! Help me out, here, A-listers!

Sorry, I'm on the B list. We don't have access to recipes from Europe.

Dan Abel wrote:

>>Eeeeek! You guys don't get it! Help me out, here, A-listers!

> Sorry, I'm on the B list. We don't have access to recipes from Europe.

Im tempted to post an African "ground nut stew" recipe.
--
JL

On Jul 31, 12:45 pm, blake murphy <[email protected]> wrote:

> >Eeeeek! You guys don't get it! Help me out, here, A-listers! I
> >don't need any "recipes from Europe," it relates to an old series of
> >spams to this group, usually perpetrated by kids just returning to
> >school. ;-)

> >N.

> no, no, no. nuisance posts are generated when the kids *get out* of
> school. get with the program.
>
> your pal,
> blake

No, the "recipes from Europe" spams were when kids were IN school, and
had a class assignment from a student teacher. ;-) Anyway, sorry.

N.

On Jul 31, 1:40 pm, Dan Abel <[email protected]> wrote:

> > Eeeeek! You guys don't get it! Help me out, here, A-listers!

> Sorry, I'm on the B list. We don't have access to recipes from Europe.

You crack me up. LOL.

N.

Dee Dee wrote:

> "Becca" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>
>>Dee Dee wrote:
>>

>>>Olive Garden uses a dressing for their 'all you can eat' salad and many
>>>people like it. There is online a 'faux' recipe of the Olive Garden
>>>recipe.
>>>
>>>I made it once to see if it was similar. As far as I could tell, it
>>>tasted the same.
>>>Dee Dee

>>People give the Olive Garden a hard time, and maybe rightfully so, but I
>>like their soup, salad and breadsticks. Well, I like the salad and
>>breadsticks, not so much the soup. I will have to find that recipe.
>>
>>Becca

> Here it is Becca.
>
> This is a dressing that is supposedly similar to that used at "Olive Garden"
> for their table salads. It tasted that way to me. (I probably won't make it
> again, because I don't like to use corn syrup.)
>
> ½ CUP white vinegar
> 1/3 cup water
> 1/3 cup vegetable oil
> ¼ cup corn syrup
> 1-1/4 TEASPOON SALT
> ¼ TEASPOON dried parsley flakes
> Pinch dried oregano
> Pinch crushed red pepper flakes
> 2-1/2 tablespoons grated Romano cheese (I substituted parmesan reggiano
> because I didn't have romano on hand)
> 1 TEASPOON lemon juice
> ½ TEASPOON minced garlic
>
> The following are to emulsify:
>
> 2 tablespoons dry pectin (I DIDN'T USE)
> 2 tablespoons beaten egg or egg substitute (I DIDN'T USE )
>
> Mix with mixer medium speed or
> Blend low speed 30 seconds.
> Chill at least an 1 hour.

<recipe saved>

Thanks for the recipe. I will also omit the corn syrup. I will use
Splenda instead. Splenda is not thick in consistency like corn syrup,
but I am trying to avoid unnecessary sugar, when I can.

Thanks again!

Becca

Joseph Littleshoes wrote:

> Sauce moutard omits the vinegar, substitutes boiling water for the
> oil and adds mustard.

*Crickey!!!* what was i thinking?

Sauce Moutarde
-------------------

2 tbs. prepared mustard [preferably the strong Dijon type]

3 tbs. boiling water

1/3 to 1/2 cup olive oil or salad oil

salt and pepper

Lemon juice

1 to 2 tbs. parsley or minced fresh green herbs.

Rinse a small mixing bowl in hot water, add the mustard and beat with a
wire whisk, adding the water by droplets.

Then add the oil by drops to make a thick creamy sauce.

Beat in salt, pepper and lemon juice to taste then beat in the herbs.
--
JL

"women club" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> hello everyone i'm quite new around here and i would like to know what
> are some best salad dressings?

The kind you make yourself

* Exported from MasterCook *

Dressing: Creamy Italian From Scratch

Recipe By :
Serving Size : 0 Preparation Time :0:00
Categories : Sauces & Dressings

See Italian Dressing From Scratch: add to 1/2 cup Italian dressing, 1/2 cup
mayonaise and beat.

"See Italian Dressing From Scratch"
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

* Exported from MasterCook *

Dressing: Italian From Scratch

Recipe By :
Serving Size : 0 Preparation Time :0:00
Categories : Sauces & Dressings

1 cup oil
1/4 cup vinegar
2 tblsp onion -- finely chopped
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon sugar
1 teaspoon dry mustard
1 teaspoon dried basil leaves
1/2 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
1/4 teaspoon pepper
2 cloves garlic -- crushed

Combine all and shake. Refridgerate at least 2 hours.