I understand that Nigella is not on American Food Network, and that she is
on a UK network. Is this so?
Has she ever been on American Food Network?
Thanks.
Dee
General fitness, health and nutrition · Public discussion
Nigella Lawson
Thread navigation
Jump through the discussion
Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.
Thread details
What we know about this thread
- Original section
- General fitness, health and nutrition
- Published
- 29 June 2005
- Last activity
- 1 July 2005
- Original author
- Dee Randall
- Posts
- 30
- Discussion status
- Public discussion
- Total views
- 1,558
- Views / 30 days
- 3
The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.
-
-
"Dee Randall" <[email hidden]> wrote in
news:[email hidden]:Quoted message said:
I understand that Nigella is not on American Food Network, and
that she is on a UK network. Is this so?And the Canadian Food network as well, although not at this moment.
Quoted message said:
Has she ever been on American Food Network?
An "American" Food network would have to buy the show. Perhaps the
Beeb is asking too much. Who knows.--
"Compassion is the chief law of human existence."
Dostoevski, The Idiot
-
Dee Randall said:
I understand that Nigella is not on American Food Network, and that she is
on a UK network. Is this so?
Has she ever been on American Food Network?
Thanks.
DeeYes, she was on one of the American cable channels (Style, perhaps)
but not FoodTV. I watched it a few times then lost interest, so I
don't know whether it's on anymore.Sue(tm)
Lead me not into temptation... I can find it myself! -
Dee Randall wrote on 29 Jun 2005 in rec.food.cooking
Quoted message said:
I understand that Nigella is not on American Food Network, and
that she is on a UK network. Is this so?
Has she ever been on American Food Network?
Thanks.
DeeIf you desire her recipes try the Canadian Food network site...just
replace the com with ca to bring the correct site up.--
It's not a question of where he grips it!
It's a simple question of weight ratios!A five ounce bird could not carry a one pound coconut.
Are you suggesting coconuts migrate?
-
"Monsur Fromage du Pollet" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
news:[email hidden]...Quoted message said:
Dee Randall wrote on 29 Jun 2005 in rec.food.cooking
Quoted message said:
I understand that Nigella is not on American Food Network, and
that she is on a UK network. Is this so?
Has she ever been on American Food Network?
Thanks.
DeeQuoted message said:
If you desire her recipes try the Canadian Food network site...just
replace the com with ca to bring the correct site up.Thanks. I did not know of this Canadian site.
While I was in another state, I checked out of the library, her book,
"Feast" for which I found about 15 recipes I liked. But though I've glanced
at her "How to Be a Domestic Goddess," I had a chance to look at it a little
more, so now, I think I'll buy "How to Be .." Such a corny title, I had
never given it much credence.
DeeQuoted message said:
-
"Michel Boucher" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
news:[email hidden]...Quoted message said:
An "American" Food network would have to buy the show. Perhaps the
Beeb is asking too much. Who knows.The Beeb has nothing to do with it -- unless BBC Worldwide is handling
distribution. The various Nigella Lawson shows all aired on the UK's
independent Channel 4.Information and some of the recipes here:
http://www.channel4.com/life/microsites/N/nigella/index.shtmlCheers,
James
-
Dee Randall wrote on 29 Jun 2005 in rec.food.cooking
Quoted message said:
"Monsur Fromage du Pollet" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
news:[email hidden]...Quoted message said:
Dee Randall wrote on 29 Jun 2005 in rec.food.cooking
Quoted message said:
I understand that Nigella is not on American Food Network, and
that she is on a UK network. Is this so?
Has she ever been on American Food Network?
Thanks.
DeeQuoted message said:
If you desire her recipes try the Canadian Food network
site...just replace the com with ca to bring the correct site
up.Thanks. I did not know of this Canadian site.
While I was in another state, I checked out of the library, her
book, "Feast" for which I found about 15 recipes I liked. But
though I've glanced at her "How to Be a Domestic Goddess," I had a
chance to look at it a little more, so now, I think I'll buy "How
to Be .." Such a corny title, I had never given it much credence.
DeeQuoted message said:
I found feast and her How to eat...not as good as Domestic goddess or
her other two. WWW.foodnetwork.ca (not com) sadly there aren't many
recipes of hers on there. If you like Nigella...you might like Bonnie
Stern. She's Canadian and Pepin says nice things about her.--
It's not a question of where he grips it!
It's a simple question of weight ratios!A five ounce bird could not carry a one pound coconut.
Are you suggesting coconuts migrate?
-
Monsur Fromage du Pollet said:
I found feast and her How to eat...not as good as Domestic goddess or
her other two. WWW.foodnetwork.ca (not com) sadly there aren't many
recipes of hers on there. If you like Nigella...you might like Bonnie
Stern. She's Canadian and Pepin says nice things about her.Bonnie Stern is pretty good, but she just isn't a goddess like Nigella.
-
"Dee Randall" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
news:[email hidden]...Quoted message said:
I understand that Nigella is not on American Food Network, and that she is
on a UK network. Is this so?
Has she ever been on American Food Network?
Thanks.
Dee
There are at least 34 Nigella recipes on the uktvfood site
http://www.uktvfood.co.uk/index.cfm?uktvfoodpreview=recipes.cheflist
Sarah -
Dee Randall said:
I understand that Nigella is not on American Food Network, and that she is
on a UK network. Is this so?
Has she ever been on American Food Network?If you mean the actual called The Food Network, she's not on currently
(nor ever that I can recall). Her show "Nigella Bites" is running on
Style:Title Nigella Bites
Episode: Party Girl
Description: Spiced nuts; Halloumi with chili; spatch-[censored] birds.
Showing:
Date Time Channel
6/29/2005 6:00AM 63 STYLEBrian
-
Sarah said:
There are at least 34 Nigella recipes on the uktvfood site
http://www.uktvfood.co.uk/index.cfm?uktvfoodpreview=recipes.cheflist
SarahThe link is missing some required parameters, like chef_id.
--
The Doc says my brain waves closely match those of a crazed ferret.
At least now I have an excuse. -
Dave Smith said:
Bonnie Stern is pretty good, but she just isn't a goddess like Nigella.
To each his own, but I've never found her attractive - my first
thought was "dang, she needs to cut back on food".--
The Doc says my brain waves closely match those of a crazed ferret.
At least now I have an excuse. -
[email hidden] (AlleyGator) wrote in
news:[email hidden]:Quoted message said:
Dave Smith said:
Bonnie Stern is pretty good, but she just isn't a goddess like
Nigella.To each his own, but I've never found her attractive - my first
thought was "dang, she needs to cut back on food".HERESY!!!! SSSSSSSSTTTTTTT!!!! YOU WILL BE HUNTED DOWN!!!!
Or not.
--
"Compassion is the chief law of human existence."
Dostoevski, The Idiot
-
"Default User" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
news:[email hidden]...Quoted message said:
Dee Randall said:
I understand that Nigella is not on American Food Network, and that she
is
on a UK network. Is this so?
Has she ever been on American Food Network?If you mean the actual called The Food Network, she's not on currently
(nor ever that I can recall). Her show "Nigella Bites" is running on
Style:Title Nigella Bites
Episode: Party Girl
Description: Spiced nuts; Halloumi with chili; spatch-[censored] birds.
Showing:
Date Time Channel
6/29/2005 6:00AM 63 STYLEBrian
Thanks, Brian. My Dish Network subscription which includes 120 programs,
does not include "style" which is included in the 180 programs. Alas, I
will have to wait until I 'up' my subscription.
Dee -
AlleyGator said:
Dave Smith said:
Bonnie Stern is pretty good, but she just isn't a goddess like Nigella.
To each his own, but I've never found her attractive - my first
thought was "dang, she needs to cut back on food".Her sensual enjoyment of food is part of her appeal. Yes, she does have a
well rounded tummy, but that just makes her even more womanly, unlike that
anorexic Italian girl. Nigella glows with sensuality. Ok. I know they put
makeup on her, but I would still crawl a mile on broken glass to smell her
garbage. -
Dave Smith <[email hidden]> wrote in
news:[email hidden]:Quoted message said:
AlleyGator said:
Dave Smith said:
Bonnie Stern is pretty good, but she just isn't a goddess like
Nigella.To each his own, but I've never found her attractive - my first
thought was "dang, she needs to cut back on food".Her sensual enjoyment of food is part of her appeal. Yes, she does
have a well rounded tummy, but that just makes her even more
womanly, unlike that anorexic Italian girl. Nigella glows with
sensuality. Ok. I know they put makeup on her, but I would still
crawl a mile on broken glass to smell her garbage.Well put.
--
"Compassion is the chief law of human existence."
Dostoevski, The Idiot
-
In article <[email hidden]>,
(AlleyGator) said:
Dave Smith said:
Bonnie Stern is pretty good, but she just isn't a goddess like Nigella.
To each his own, but I've never found her attractive - my first
thought was "dang, she needs to cut back on food".But she does look good in tight t-shirts.
-
Dee Randall said:
Thanks, Brian. My Dish Network subscription which includes 120 programs,
does not include "style" which is included in the 180 programs. Alas, I
will have to wait until I 'up' my subscription.
DeeW've had the 180 (formerly called 150) for several years. It's
amazing how little there is worth watching. Although it's much
cheaper than cable. I still don't understand why they carry a ton of
Sirrius music channels for free when others have to pay for them,
though.--
The Doc says my brain waves closely match those of a crazed ferret.
At least now I have an excuse. -
Default User said:
If you mean the actual called The Food Network, she's not on currently
(nor ever that I can recall). Her show "Nigella Bites" is running on StyleI *think* I've stumbled onto Style occasionally (maybe it was durng
one of those weeks where they give you a sampler of what you can get
if you pay more), but I've never seen Nigella in any way, shape or
form. Or maybe the "Style" I'm thinking of is something on a differnt
network.Idunno
🙂 -
Dee Randall said:
Thanks, Brian. My Dish Network subscription which includes 120 programs,
does not include "style" which is included in the 180 programs. Alas, I
will have to wait until I 'up' my subscription.
DeeHere is what you are missing:
close-up of Nigella looking sideways at the camera
close-up of her hands as she separates an egg between her fingers
shaky camera following Nigella walking through her apartment barefoot
in a caftan
close-up of Nigella talking sideways to the camera
close-up of her hands as she separates an egg between her fingers
Nigella going to the refrigerator
close-up of her hands as she separates an egg between her fingers
shaky camera of Nigella's friends around the dining room table talking
and glasses clinking.
End of show.Repeat for next show.
If you are wondering how they manage to find so many recipes where she
has to separate eggs and are also thinking that it might be tedious
to get a close-up of her fingers every time she does, you're right.Basically they are trying to make her flirt with the camera and do
some sexy food goddess thing using a camera verite technique. It gets
old really fast and is very distracting, which is unfortunate because
some of the recipes look good. I couldn't watch it after a few shows,
but don't think she's playing to my demographic group anyway :>Sue(tm)
Lead me not into temptation... I can find it myself!
Active in the last 60 minutes
Active in this thread
0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total
No signed-in users are active right now.
No known search crawlers active right now.