rec.sport.unicycling Β· Public discussion

Nimbus Hoppley VS. KH 07 trials

Started by real men uni Β· Β· Last activity Β· 13 posts Β· 468 views

Thread navigation

Jump through the discussion

Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
rec.sport.unicycling
Published
8 October 2006
Last activity
5 May 2008
Original author
real men uni
Posts
13
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
468
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–13 of 13
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. Is the KH worth the extra $100 over the Nimbus Hoppley?πŸ˜•

    --
    real men uni
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    real men uni's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/13061
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/53905

  2. Well it depends. The KH is MUCH lighter, as well as having new designs
    (cranks, seat, rim, frame) but as for strength, I don't think it will
    matter that much unless you plan on doing huge drops.

    The 07 KH rim is a lot wider, however the freeride rim on the hoppley
    is pretty wide in the first place.

    --
    forrestunifreak

    If I had a signature, it would look something like this.
    *'My gallery-NAUCC 2006!'
    (http://tinyurl.com/bbf9x)*
    BANANA'S FOR JESUS!
    _____________________________________________
    -last edited by skrobo : today at 11:41 am.-
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    forrestunifreak's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/6828
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/53905

  3. The KH 07 is one of the best around. If they were the same price, the KH
    would be better. But they aren't, so it depends. If you feel like
    spending the extra $100, get the KH, if not, get the Nimbus.

    --
    Eroick

    --Eric Evenchick

    My MSN: [email hidden]

    Quoted message said:

    but 3 degrees is like a heat wave!! woohoo.


    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Eroick's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10884
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/53905

  4. Get the KH.
    On the hoppley the top end of the forks tubes near the crown part get
    wider and it's annoying. I got it awhile ago and returned it for KH.
    The KH looks way more slick too, then again its personal preference.
    100$ is nothing unless your on a really tight budget. Just dont get
    junk food for a month πŸ˜‰

    --
    ackgot

    *I got a fever. And the only prescription is more
    _unicycling_-!-*
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    ackgot's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/12956
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/53905

  5. I've been playing around on my friends hoppley a bit, and opposed to my
    KH 06 I find my uni much more preferable. the KH 07 is even better.
    when I rode it, the saddle was instantly better, the narrower cranks
    are really cool to. The hoppley is by no means a bad uni, but I like
    the KH moreπŸ™‚

    --
    mornish

    dan de man said:

    this game is worse that playing Rock Paper Sissors on an internet forum

    tugboat said:

    Hopping over a 7 set rail... I made it over and and cleared the set, but
    the impact apparently wasn't good for the wheel...


    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    mornish's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11658
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/53905

  6. The Hoppley is great to be honest, it's got an incredibly strong wheel.
    It has the older undrilled KH rim on it which is probably the strongest
    19" rim anywhere. The Nimbus frame is incredibly strong too, moreso
    than the much lighter KH frame. However, both are great choices, the
    only bad thing is that...

    the 07 rim is.... a Try-all/Hog. (hole joints splittage-ahoy)
    πŸ™„

    if the 07 KH uni had the older undrilled rim, then that would be
    extremely good.

    --
    Sponge

    Currently learning: switching to opposite hand, and switching sidehops
    sides.

    MSN: [email hidden] feel free to add, I'm always up for a
    good chat and get to know other unicyclists πŸ™‚

    *coming soon: the Joe Hodges trials video...* πŸ˜‰
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Sponge's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11883
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/53905

  7. The Nimbus II frame is, as stated before, an incredibly strong frame.
    The crown of the NII frame is wider than that of the KH, but this makes
    it a better all-around unicycle (freestyle, trials, street), IMO. I've
    never ridden a KH, but I hear that the new '07 model has a knurled
    crown that should make foot-on-frame tricks easier. Either way, it's
    not such a huge difference that you can't get used to one or the other.
    If you feel that $100 is worth saving ~1.3lbs (~.5kg), then go for it.
    I didn't feel that way - weight makes you stronger.

    They both have close to, if not the best wheelsets that you can buy,
    but the Hoppley's comes at a lower price.

    I recommend the Hoppley.

    --
    burjzyntski

    It's no good being Polish unless you prove it once a day.

    \"every silver lining has a touch of gray.\"

    "In summary: You want to make sure your Koxx is hard enough before you
    start drilling."
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    burjzyntski's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10188
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/53905

  8. Sponge said:

    The Hoppley is great to be honest, it's got an incredibly strong wheel.
    It has the older undrilled KH rim on it which is probably the strongest
    19" rim anywhere. The Nimbus frame is incredibly strong too, moreso
    than the much lighter KH frame. However, both are great choices, the
    only bad thing is that...

    the 07 rim is.... a Try-all/Hog. (hole joints splittage-ahoy)
    πŸ™„

    if the 07 KH uni had the older undrilled rim, then that would be
    extremely good.

    You could go custom, like I did.
    I have a 2007 KH20" except:
    -2005/2006 KH rim
    -CrMo seatpost
    -Luna trialtire
    -Specialized Magnesium pedals
    I can't upload a pic in the gallery otherwise I posted it to.

    PM

    --
    Probailer2

    john_childs said:

    Mmmmm... Sexy welds.

    musketman said:

    Kris Holm owns death

    abbabibble said:

    cody bent his koxx.

    he was working it pretty hard.


    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Probailer2's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11034
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/53905

  9. Probailer2 said:

    You could go custom, like I did.
    I have a 2007 KH20" except:
    -2005/2006 KH rim
    -CrMo seatpost
    -Luna trialtire
    -Specialized Magnesium pedals
    I can't upload a pic in the gallery otherwise I posted it to.

    PM

    I like his except keep the 07 seat post and get Jim Cs.
    But the 07 kh vs. the hoppley no comp.
    KH wins. find the $100 somewhere.

    --
    timbob1907

    Cheers,
    ___Tim

    forrestunifreak said:

    I'm addicted to placebo's. I should stop taking them, but
    it wouldn't matter anyway.

    timbob1907 said:

    You have a CX?

    Ducttape said:

    yeah..... the seat isn't really a seat it's a brick in disguise.....


    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    timbob1907's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/13425
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/53905

  10. Sponge said:

    The Hoppley is great to be honest, it's got an incredibly strong wheel.
    It has the older undrilled KH rim on it which is probably the strongest
    19" rim anywhere. The Nimbus frame is incredibly strong too, moreso
    than the much lighter KH frame. However, both are great choices, the
    only bad thing is that...

    the 07 rim is.... a Try-all/Hog. (hole joints splittage-ahoy)
    πŸ™„

    if the 07 KH uni had the older undrilled rim, then that would be
    extremely good.

    You are forgetting about the Arrow Rims, while they are a bit chunkier
    than the KH and not as wide I still believe them to be stronger. I'm
    not so sure that the drilled out rims are going to be any problem at
    all either. They will be weaker than a solid rim yes, but the new kh is
    so wide that its probably a good thing to cut some weight.

    As far as frames go I'm also not sure if the nimbus frame is indeed
    going to be stronger than the KH, but not many people break frames at
    all so really you should look at the seat tube size as well as the
    bearing holders. In both the KH is going to have a better design.

    --
    Checkernuts

    No one said it was gonna be easy and I'm not afraid to try, with the
    odds stacked up against me I will have to fight, One Life One Wheel got
    to do it right. H2O

    * -------muni militia -------
    one wheeled death squad*
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Checkernuts's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/801
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/53905

  11. Hopply Is The Strongest Uni Ive Ever Had!

    --
    nickcostella
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    nickcostella's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/17081
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/53905

    Posted Via Usenet.com Premium Usenet Newsgroup Services
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    http://www.usenet.com

  12. forrestunifreak said:

    Well it depends. The KH is MUCH lighter, as well as having new designs
    (cranks, seat, rim, frame) but as for strength, I don't think it will
    matter that much unless you plan on doing huge drops.

    The 07 KH rim is a lot wider, however the freeride rim on the hoppley
    is pretty wide in the first place.

    Wide = over rated. The KH07 rims are useless...

    If you ride a lot it won't take long for the drilled out holes to start
    cracking. Although they look soooo nice πŸ™

    --
    unicycledood

    The.Mars.Volta said:

    haha, so young, yet so angry, damn that rap music.


    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    unicycledood's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/14245
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/53905

    Posted Via Usenet.com Premium Usenet Newsgroup Services
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    http://www.usenet.com

  13. I've got a question about the hoppley.

    I've read some about tubular cranks being good for street, but why?
    Do the onza cranks make this a good street uni?

    --
    Kyle_Destroyer

    😎 Not sponsored and not pretentious 😎
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Kyle_Destroyer's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/16298
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/53905

    Posted Via Usenet.com Premium Usenet Newsgroup Services
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    http://www.usenet.com

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users Β· 0 guests Β·0 bots Β·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.