Road Cycling · Public discussion

No More Heroes - by Jeff Jones

Started by GoneBeforeMyTime · · Last activity · 18 posts · 767 views

Thread navigation

Jump through the discussion

Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Road Cycling
Published
23 November 2007
Last activity
29 November 2007
Original author
GoneBeforeMyTime
Posts
18
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
767
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–18 of 18
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. Why doesn't Nicole Cooke like watching men's racing? And can she change the
    face of women's cycling, as Billie Jean King did in tennis?
    By Jeff Jones...
    http://www.bikeradar.com/road/news/article/nicole-cooke-no-more-heroes-13196

    GBMT

  2. Dans le message de news:[email hidden],
    GoneBeforeMyTime <[email hidden]> a réfléchi, et puis a déclaré :

    Quoted message said:

    Why doesn't Nicole Cooke like watching men's racing? And can she
    change the face of women's cycling, as Billie Jean King did in tennis?
    By Jeff Jones...
    http://www.bikeradar.com/road/news/article/nicole-cooke-no-more-heroes-13196

    GBMT

    Suck overwhelming piety on Cooke's part. Perhaps she'd like to race for no
    money, just to prove her integrity.

  3. Sandy said:

    Dans le message denews:[email hidden],
    GoneBeforeMyTime <[email hidden]> a réfléchi, et puis a déclaré :

    Quoted message said:

    Why doesn't Nicole Cooke like watching men's racing? And can she
    change the face of women's cycling, as Billie Jean King did in tennis?
    By Jeff Jones...
    http://www.bikeradar.com/road/news/article/nicole-cooke-no-more-heroe...

    Quoted message said:

    GBMT

    Suck overwhelming piety on Cooke's part. Perhaps she'd like to race for no
    money, just to prove her integrity.

    She's probably doping.
    Bill C

  4. Dans le message de
    news:[email hidden],
    Bill C <[email hidden]> a réfléchi, et puis a déclaré :

    Quoted message said:
    Sandy said:

    Dans le message denews:[email hidden],
    GoneBeforeMyTime <[email hidden]> a réfléchi, et puis a déclaré
    :

    Quoted message said:

    Why doesn't Nicole Cooke like watching men's racing? And can she
    change the face of women's cycling, as Billie Jean King did in
    tennis? By Jeff Jones...
    http://www.bikeradar.com/road/news/article/nicole-cooke-no-more-heroe...

    Quoted message said:

    GBMT

    Suck overwhelming piety on Cooke's part. Perhaps she'd like to race
    for no money, just to prove her integrity.

    She's probably doping.
    Bill C

    Yeah - I forgot to add that.

  5. "GoneBeforeMyTime" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    And can she change the face of women's cycling, as Billie Jean King did in
    tennis?

    that's no less true of broadcast news, irrespective of the channel

    mk5000

    "Sketches is an absolutely sacred collage of rare field recordings, tribal
    music, heavy drumming,
    dreamlike nature sounds and even an electrical generator in Thailand that
    inspired Mani in
    the middle of the night many years ago. This is such a personal percussion
    based
    audio-journal/ethnic drum jam that noboby other than Mani is suited to
    describe it."--darla.com on MANI NEUMEIER - Sketches

  6. Sandy said:

    Dans le message denews:[email hidden],
    GoneBeforeMyTime <[email hidden]> a réfléchi, et puis a déclaré :

    Quoted message said:

    Why doesn't Nicole Cooke like watching men's racing? And can she
    change the face of women's cycling, as Billie Jean King did in tennis?
    By Jeff Jones...
    http://www.bikeradar.com/road/news/article/nicole-cooke-no-more-heroe...

    Quoted message said:

    GBMT

    Suck overwhelming piety on Cooke's part. Perhaps she'd like to race for no
    money, just to prove her integrity.

    These earnest young people just have a deficit of cynicism... si
    jeunesse savait...

  7. "marika" posted some more unintelligible [censored]

    So PLONK

    --
    Davey Crockett
    -
    Driving a Stake through the
    Heart of the Politically Correct

  8. "Davey Crockett" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    "marika" posted some more unintelligible [censored]

    So PLONK

    --
    Davey Crockett
    -
    Driving a Stake through the
    Heart of the Politically Correct

    Plonking me is behaving in a politically correct manner.
    Apparently, you are committing suicide

    Billie Jean King does a commercial for Fox Chase Cancer Center here in
    Philadelphia. I'm pretty sure she is trying to get back into the eye of the
    public. She's wearing pearls with her pants suit though, so I think she
    wants to look like a republican.
    And she's really short so you see her standing on her tip toes trying to
    pretend to listen to the doctors in each shot.

    she couldn't be a vector of change ay time after the 80s no matter what she
    does.

    The media certainly will though on a very very long term basis

    In the meantime, I just had a horrible nightmare, or maybe it was a good
    dream I
    cannot tell

    this is a bad time of year, and I am apprehensive in my dreaming

    I dreamt that I was applying for part time jobs because I was attempting to
    get
    through college

    I tried to pull a few tricks to get interviews.
    In the meantime., i had had a fight with my father and moved out

    imagine I was doing all this at my present age

    while i was wandering homeless, my fathre had a heart attack(that would be
    his 5th)

    but somehow he showed up while I was .looking for a place to stay.
    He ran breathelessly toward me in parking lot, it was Ivy Hill Ithink

    He grabbed me effusively kissed me and said did you think I would abandon
    you
    And I hugged him ready to get in the car that would take me home
    He had a lot of equipment under his shirt
    But he was palpable, a man with muscles
    and he was glad I was coming home

    geez i need a new keyboard

    We never stop loving people even when they are gone
    it just doesn't stop, the love or the hurt.

    I am glad that I got to tell this to other people too
    even when they reject me.
    that is hard too but I got to do it

    i hope I can get to sleep again

    mk5000

    "While I support this "holy-rollers" right NOT to work for someone for
    whatever reason I find his methods asinine.
    What a world, rabid homosexuals vs., rabid christians!"--
    Xeno

  9. marika said:

    "Davey Crockett" <[email hidden]> wrote in message

    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    "marika" posted some more unintelligible [censored]

    Quoted message said:

    So PLONK

    Quoted message said:

    --
    Davey Crockett
    -
    Driving a Stake through the
    Heart of the Politically Correct

    Plonking me is behaving in a politically correct manner.
    Apparently, you are committing suicide

    Billie Jean King does a commercial for Fox Chase Cancer Center here in
    Philadelphia. I'm pretty sure she is trying to get back into the eye of the
    public. She's wearing pearls with her pants suit though, so I think she
    wants to look like a republican.
    And she's really short so you see her standing on her tip toes trying to
    pretend to listen to the doctors in each shot.

    she couldn't be a vector of change ay time after the 80s no matter what she
    does.

    The media certainly will though on a very very long term basis

    In the meantime, I just had a horrible nightmare, or maybe it was a good
    dream I
    cannot tell

    this is a bad time of year, and I am apprehensive in my dreaming

    I dreamt that I was applying for part time jobs because I was attempting to
    get
    through college

    I tried to pull a few tricks to get interviews.
    In the meantime., i had had a fight with my father and moved out

    imagine I was doing all this at my present age

    while i was wandering homeless, my fathre had a heart attack(that would be
    his 5th)

    but somehow he showed up while I was .looking for a place to stay.
    He ran breathelessly toward me in parking lot, it was Ivy Hill Ithink

    He grabbed me effusively kissed me and said did you think I would abandon
    you
    And I hugged him ready to get in the car that would take me home
    He had a lot of equipment under his shirt
    But he was palpable, a man with muscles
    and he was glad I was coming home

    geez i need a new keyboard

    We never stop loving people even when they are gone
    it just doesn't stop, the love or the hurt.

    I am glad that I got to tell this to other people too
    even when they reject me.
    that is hard too but I got to do it

    i hope I can get to sleep again

    mk5000

    "While I support this "holy-rollers" right NOT to work for someone for
    whatever reason I find his methods asinine.
    What a world, rabid homosexuals vs., rabid christians!"--
    Xeno

    So "Marika" is actually AA?
    Bill C

  10. "Bill C" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:


    So "Marika" is actually AA?

    I'm not sure what that means, but maybe I am cos ordinary chocolate doesn't
    smell that good.
    And also, fruit smells better than real fruit jam

    I'm maybe AA if they have done something chemical to me to enhance that "as
    if
    freshly baked smell". It is not natural

    mk5000

    "Speaking as a mathematician, I can give the following Helpful
    Tip. Rather than calculate X according to the above formula, you could
    simply use
    X = (B+D)/2."--stealth leopard

  11. Bill C said:
    Quoted message said:

    So "Marika" is actually AA?

    marika said:

    I'm not sure what that means, but maybe I am cos
    ordinary chocolate doesn't smell that good.
    And also, fruit smells better than real fruit jam

    Sounds more like tk from az.

  12. Quoted message said:


    Billie Jean King does a commercial for Fox Chase Cancer Center here in
    Philadelphia. I'm pretty sure she is trying to get back into the eye of the
    public. She's wearing pearls with her pants suit though, so I think she
    wants to look like a republican.

    mk5000

    So, would you say Hillary is trying to look Republican when she wears
    pants suits and pearls? Or, are you saying that pants suits w/ pearls
    is the unofficial uniform of lesbians? Or, what?

  13. "Scott" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:


    Billie Jean King does a commercial for Fox Chase Cancer Center here in
    Philadelphia. I'm pretty sure she is trying to get back into the eye of
    the
    public. She's wearing pearls with her pants suit though, so I think she
    wants to look like a republican.

    mk5000

    So, would you say Hillary is trying to look Republican when she wears
    pants suits and pearls? Or, are you saying that pants suits w/ pearls
    is the unofficial uniform of lesbians? Or, what?

    You say that like you think there's something wrong with wanting to dress in
    order to associate with Republicans.

    It's funny we had this very debate about uniforms with the family on
    Saturday at the Cheese Fackhury restaurant. The overwhelming answer is yes
    to both. Apparently the average person in the US is of this opinion,
    because apparently that's the kind of clothes that are associated with both
    of those looks. It's not really my fault that so many things in society
    have uniforms associated with it. And not my fault that stereotyped
    uniforms convey those images. A few things for sure: neither BJK nor Hill
    were trying to look like anarchists, punk rockers, goths, rock stars, rap
    stars, hippies, bankers, "hillbillies", drag queens, nurses, academics,
    quarterbacks, policemen, firemen, indian chiefs, construction workers and so
    on. I'm not going to say that there's no possibility neither belongs to any
    of the above categories, but so far no one who has noticed that they are
    dressing up in uniforms associated with those categories. Just with lesbian
    from academia and or republicans.

    I just saw this great clip on Extra or TMZ with Harvey Levin showing a
    chance encounter of the Clintons with Monica Lewinski at an airport, and
    they showed the face Hillary made. They made some joke about stains.
    Neither HIllary nor Billie Jean King could be said to have on the uniform of
    an intern.

    On the subject of pearls, though: I found it interesting that the latest on
    fashion is that pearls are no longer associated with any particular fashion
    or uniform. Apparently, they are not really "hot" amongst teens. Not just
    beads but the real stuff. Which is funny and a sort of a conflict with the
    other "big fad" amongst youngsters, aka "going green".

    There was a time when fur was the furor issue for animal rights activists.
    Red dye throwing and all.

    I'm waiting to see what they will do about protesting oyster rights.

    The recent typhoons killed something on the order of 30 million akoya
    oysters, the base of the japanese and chinese salt water pearl industry.
    The Chinese government has pledged quite a bit of cash to the struggling
    oyster farmers who lost the seed oysters.

    So I would say that Pearl wearing may well be actually, the uniform of the
    wealthy Asian and I don' t know if Hillary is trying to convey that look,
    but if she is she is pretty well unsuccessfully and not pulling it off

    ok now I am going to stop by Krogers , and pick up some veggie burgers and
    some buns, keg of beer and some mixed drink stuff. a
    bag of ice.

    and just wear whatever, I am wearing shorts and a cnn airport news t shirt
    and cnn airport news was not in existance in 1980's, so that blows that
    theme. ha ha

    mk5000

    "We do not 'own' the land. The great Lord of heaven (maker of heaven and
    earth) has 'loaned' it to us for a time only!!! You ave had it for long
    enough. Now it's time let someone else use it!!! What do you
    think?"--steven douglas

  14. Scott a écrit profondement:

    | >
    | > Billie Jean King does a commercial for Fox Chase Cancer Center here in
    | > Philadelphia. I'm pretty sure she is trying to get back into the eye of the
    | > public. She's wearing pearls with her pants suit though, so I think she
    | > wants to look like a republican.
    | >
    | > mk5000
    | >
    |
    |
    | So, would you say Hillary is trying to look Republican when she wears
    | pants suits and pearls? Or, are you saying that pants suits w/ pearls
    | is the unofficial uniform of lesbians? Or, what?

    If you don't want another Crossdressing Queer [censored] like Rudee
    Ghouliani, vote Hillary

    http://azurservers.com/rec/vote-hillary.jpg

    --
    Davey Crockett
    -
    Driving a Stake through the
    Heart of the Politically Correct

  15. marika said:

    "Scott" <[email hidden]> wrote in message

    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    Billie Jean King does a commercial for Fox Chase Cancer Center here in
    Philadelphia. I'm pretty sure she is trying to get back into the eye of
    the
    public. She's wearing pearls with her pants suit though, so I think she
    wants to look like a republican.

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    mk5000

    Quoted message said:

    So, would you say Hillary is trying to look Republican when she wears
    pants suits and pearls? Or, are you saying that pants suits w/ pearls
    is the unofficial uniform of lesbians? Or, what?

    You say that like you think there's something wrong with wanting to dress in
    order to associate with Republicans.

    mk5000

    No, silly... I say that 'cause 1) Hillary is the anti-Republican and
    surely isn't dressing as if to convey that she is a Republican, and 2)
    its long been rumored that she's a lesbian. What straight woman would
    put up w/ Bill's [censored]?

  16. Bill C said:
    marika said:

    "Davey Crockett" <[email hidden]> wrote in message

    Quoted message said:

    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    "marika" posted some more unintelligible [censored]

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    So PLONK

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    --
    Davey Crockett
    -
    Driving a Stake through the
    Heart of the Politically Correct

    Quoted message said:

    Plonking me is behaving in a politically correct manner.
    Apparently, you are committing suicide

    Quoted message said:

    Billie Jean King does a commercial for Fox Chase Cancer Center here in
    Philadelphia. I'm pretty sure she is trying to get back into the eye of the
    public. She's wearing pearls with her pants suit though, so I think she
    wants to look like a republican.
    And she's really short so you see her standing on her tip toes trying to
    pretend to listen to the doctors in each shot.

    Quoted message said:

    she couldn't be a vector of change ay time after the 80s no matter what she
    does.

    Quoted message said:

    The media certainly will though on a very very long term basis

    Quoted message said:

    In the meantime, I just had a horrible nightmare, or maybe it was a good
    dream I
    cannot tell

    Quoted message said:

    this is a bad time of year, and I am apprehensive in my dreaming

    Quoted message said:

    I dreamt that I was applying for part time jobs because I was attempting to
    get
    through college

    Quoted message said:

    I tried to pull a few tricks to get interviews.
    In the meantime., i had had a fight with my father and moved out

    Quoted message said:

    imagine I was doing all this at my present age

    Quoted message said:

    while i was wandering homeless, my fathre had a heart attack(that would be
    his 5th)

    Quoted message said:

    but somehow he showed up while I was .looking for a place to stay.
    He ran breathelessly toward me in parking lot, it was Ivy Hill Ithink

    Quoted message said:

    He grabbed me effusively kissed me and said did you think I would abandon
    you
    And I hugged him ready to get in the car that would take me home
    He had a lot of equipment under his shirt
    But he was palpable, a man with muscles
    and he was glad I was coming home

    Quoted message said:

    geez i need a new keyboard

    Quoted message said:

    We never stop loving people even when they are gone
    it just doesn't stop, the love or the hurt.

    Quoted message said:

    I am glad that I got to tell this to other people too
    even when they reject me.
    that is hard too but I got to do it

    Quoted message said:

    i hope I can get to sleep again

    Quoted message said:

    mk5000

    Quoted message said:

    "While I support this "holy-rollers" right NOT to work for someone for
    whatever reason I find his methods asinine.
    What a world, rabid homosexuals vs., rabid christians!"--
    Xeno

    So "Marika" is actually AA?

    I'm pretty sure that AA isn't even AA anymore. After all, it takes a
    whole lot of putrid hatred in your system to post like he did. With
    that sort of stuff boiling around in you either you burn up or get
    better. Though I'm not sure that a complete idiot can get better.

  17. Quoted message said:
    Bill C said:

    On Nov 24, 10:08 am, "marika" <[email hidden]> wrote:

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    "Davey Crockett" <[email hidden]> wrote in message

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    > "marika" posted some more unintelligible [censored]

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    > So PLONK

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    > --
    > Davey Crockett
    > -
    > Driving a Stake through the
    > Heart of the Politically Correct

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    Plonking me is behaving in a politically correct manner.
    Apparently, you are committing suicide

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    Billie Jean King does a commercial for Fox Chase Cancer Center here in
    Philadelphia. I'm pretty sure she is trying to get back into the eye of the
    public. She's wearing pearls with her pants suit though, so I think she
    wants to look like a republican.
    And she's really short so you see her standing on her tip toes trying to
    pretend to listen to the doctors in each shot.

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    she couldn't be a vector of change ay time after the 80s no matter what she
    does.

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    The media certainly will though on a very very long term basis

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    In the meantime, I just had a horrible nightmare, or maybe it was a good
    dream I
    cannot tell

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    this is a bad time of year, and I am apprehensive in my dreaming

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    I dreamt that I was applying for part time jobs because I was attempting to
    get
    through college

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    I tried to pull a few tricks to get interviews.
    In the meantime., i had had a fight with my father and moved out

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    imagine I was doing all this at my present age

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    while i was wandering homeless, my fathre had a heart attack(that would be
    his 5th)

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    but somehow he showed up while I was .looking for a place to stay.
    He ran breathelessly toward me in parking lot, it was Ivy Hill Ithink

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    He grabbed me effusively kissed me and said did you think I would abandon
    you
    And I hugged him ready to get in the car that would take me home
    He had a lot of equipment under his shirt
    But he was palpable, a man with muscles
    and he was glad I was coming home

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    geez i need a new keyboard

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    We never stop loving people even when they are gone
    it just doesn't stop, the love or the hurt.

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    I am glad that I got to tell this to other people too
    even when they reject me.
    that is hard too but I got to do it

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    i hope I can get to sleep again

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    mk5000

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    "While I support this "holy-rollers" right NOT to work for someone for
    whatever reason I find his methods asinine.
    What a world, rabid homosexuals vs., rabid christians!"--
    Xeno

    Quoted message said:

    So "Marika" is actually AA?

    I'm pretty sure that AA isn't even AA anymore. After all, it takes a
    whole lot of putrid hatred in your system to post like he did. With
    that sort of stuff boiling around in you either you burn up or get
    better. Though I'm not sure that a complete idiot can get better.- Hide quoted text -

    - Show quoted text -

    What always amazed me is that AA is/was friends with a bunch of really
    good people. Must've been a civics/adopt an idiot program.
    Bill C

  18. "Bill C" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:
    Bill C said:

    So "Marika" is actually AA?

    I'm pretty sure that AA isn't even AA anymore. After all, it takes a
    whole lot of putrid hatred in your system to post like he did. With
    that sort of stuff boiling around in you either you burn up or get
    better. Though I'm not sure that a complete idiot can get better.- Hide
    quoted text -

    What always amazed me is that AA is/was friends with a bunch of really
    good people. Must've been a civics/adopt an idiot program.

    I met a couple of those guys that posted on AA's team and they were actually
    pretty nice people in person. Strange that they had such gutless opinions on
    the internet.

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.