NO MORE POLITICS!!!! This is Recumbents only!!!!

Mike

Guest
Read the newsgroup title.

Recumbents

It does not say politics or any other trash.

If you want to talk about politics go to a political newsgroup and leave us alone. ENOUGH is ENOUGH!

Great, you start yet another useless OT string for the sole purpose of *****ing about OT
strings.....don't you realize this self-perpetuating DO LOOP will never stop if you can't practice
what you're *****ing about?

news:[email protected]...

"brian hughes" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...

> Great, you start yet another useless OT string for the sole purpose of *****ing about OT
> strings.....don't you realize this self-perpetuating DO LOOP will never stop if you can't practice
> what you're *****ing about?

You have sure got that right Brian! We could totally have these kind of threads take over the
newsgroup, most especially if I keep adding my two cents worth all the time. So I have decided not
to take on all these complainers anymore, unless something is said that is just too outrageous to
let pass. Otherwise, that is all we will be doing!

It is deja vu for me! I mean, it's like isn't this where I came in about a zillion years ago? I for
one am exhausted!

Ed Dolan - Minnesota

Mike:

You have no "ignore thread" switch in your newsgroup software? There is exactly one thread that's
OT, except for the numerous threads complaining about it, and it's perfectly contained in that all
subject lines are the same. It couldn't *be* easier to ignore.

So apart from that, have you been rowing much this winter?

--
--Scott
"Mike" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Read the newsgroup title.
>
> Recumbents
>
> It does not say politics or any other trash.
>
> If you want to talk about politics go to a political newsgroup and leave
us
> alone. ENOUGH is ENOUGH!

I don't understand your problem. If the topic says politics then don't read it. Simple.

"Freewheeling" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...

> So apart from that, have you been rowing much this winter?
>
> --
> --Scott

Rowbikes now in Santa Cruz... Rock And Roll Cycles, I believe.

Chris Jordan Santa Cruz, CA.

> I don't understand your problem. If the topic says politics then don't read it. Simple.

I don't understand your problem. If the newsgroup name doesn't say politics then don't post stuff
about politics there. Simple.

--
Bryan J. Ball Publisher/Editor 'BentRider Online Magazine www.bentrideronline.com "In this world,
hate never yet dispelled hate. Only love dispels hate." - The Buddha

Howdy Bryan!

I don't think anyone could have summed it up more neatly than that! Good job!

--
"Sea" ya!
--Lars S. Mulford

"Bryan Ball" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> I don't understand your problem. If the newsgroup name doesn't say
politics
> then don't post stuff about politics there. Simple.
>
> --
> Bryan J. Ball
> Publisher/Editor
> 'BentRider Online Magazine
> www.bentrideronline.com
> "In this world, hate never yet dispelled hate.
> Only love dispels hate." - The Buddha

I don't understand your problem. If the newsgroup name doesn't say politics then don't post stuff about politics there. Simple.>>

But you just posted something that has nothing to do with bikes.

"watsonglenn" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> I don't understand your problem. If the newsgroup name doesn't say politics then don't post stuff
> about politics there. Simple.>>
>
> But you just posted something that has nothing to do with bikes.

And next comes the "quoting technique" lesson.

Wellcome to the kindergarten.

> But you just posted something that has nothing to do with bikes.

Oh come on... People are obviously tired of all of the off-topic political **** on ARBR and telling
everyone "if you don't like it, ignore it" is the biggest cop-out I've ever seen. Just because a
newsreader is capable of filtering out certain people it doesn't mean that we all want to bother
doing it. If people would have some common courtesy and at least TRY to stick on-topic no one would
have to become intimately familiar with the darker functions of their newsreader. Bottom line is
that people have made it clear that they don't want to OT discussions anymore and the arrogant twits
that propagate it don't care.

BTW - I feel that a thread that talks about the health of this newsgroup could be MORE on-topic. The
OT stuff is ruining this group. It's undeniable. Look at the stats from 2002 to 2003 and see how
much it's dying off. Also look at who posts the most and look at the longest threads. Nothing to do
with recumbents. If this doesn't stop this newsgroup will die off completely in a couple of years.
--
Bryan J. Ball Publisher/Editor 'BentRider Online Magazine www.bentrideronline.com "In this world,
hate never yet dispelled hate. Only love dispels hate." - The Buddha

Howdy Bryan!

It certainly appears that you're correct. In some ways, it boils down to plain ole' respect. This
newsgroup is dedicated to the discussion of recumbents and recumbent biking. How it ever became such
a politically twisted place is beyond me. The fact remains though, that this is a BIKING newsgroup.
Those that choose to ignore that very simple fact and continue with the droves off OT stuff, whether
it is POSTING OR RESPONDING, share the blame and guilt equally now.

I write in here for information. I sometimes actually get it. Often, I have to wade through endless
political or general OT stuff to find what it is I seek. It shouldn't be that way.

The ones on here who insist on continuing to act in childish ways, won't be changed by this note or
by the writ of any other concerned biker. Someone wrote a while back about a moderated forum. Well,
I think they were probably right. And, there is already one out there over at Bentrideronline. I've
been writing over there the last week or so. I will continue to do so. I can see the day coming
where I will likely cease posting on here, period.

So hey Ed, Tom, others... You guys have victory in your sight! Keep aiming low and you'll get there.

--
"Sea" ya!
--Lars S. Mulford
"You can find evil anywhere you look.
The question is, why are you looking?"
"Bryan Ball" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> > But you just posted something that has nothing to do with bikes.
>
> Oh come on... People are obviously tired of all of the off-topic
political
> **** on ARBR and telling everyone "if you don't like it, ignore it" is the
> biggest cop-out I've ever seen. Just because a newsreader is capable of
> filtering out certain people it doesn't mean that we all want to bother
> doing it. If people would have some common courtesy and at least TRY to
> stick on-topic no one would have to become intimately familiar with the
> darker functions of their newsreader. Bottom line is that people have
made
> it clear that they don't want to OT discussions anymore and the arrogant
> twits that propagate it don't care.
>
> BTW - I feel that a thread that talks about the health of this newsgroup
> could be MORE on-topic. The OT stuff is ruining this group. It's
> undeniable. Look at the stats from 2002 to 2003 and see how much it's
dying
> off. Also look at who posts the most and look at the longest threads.
> Nothing to do with recumbents. If this doesn't stop this newsgroup will
die
> off completely in a couple of years.
> --
> Bryan J. Ball
> Publisher/Editor
> 'BentRider Online Magazine
> www.bentrideronline.com
> "In this world, hate never yet dispelled hate.
> Only love dispels hate." - The Buddha

"Bryan Ball" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> > I don't understand your problem. If the topic says politics then don't read it. Simple.
>
> I don't understand your problem. If the newsgroup name doesn't say
politics
> then don't post stuff about politics there. Simple.

I agree with Bryan. I've been following this newsgroup for years and have found it to be a good
source of information until lately. Now, there's far less in it about recumbent bicycles than off-
topic stuff posted over and over by the same bunch of ignoramuses. I'm not far from avoiding this
newsgroup forever. I hate to do so, though, because that means I'll miss the increasingly rare item
that's on-topic and newsworthy.

I wonder... Suppose those of us who are tired of OT discussions all left. Would the OT motormouths
still stay here and talk to themselves?

Frank Calloway

HOORAY BRYAN!

Around and around the mulberry bush with ot garbage. Sickening. Excuse after excuse, "just
responding, that's what everyone wants", etc. Bah! I go elsewhere for bike "mechanical/design
problems" and post and read here less and less. However, I still have hope for robust revalant
recumbents.

Chris Jordan Santa Cruz, CA.

"Bryan Ball" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]
berlin.de>...
> > But you just posted something that has nothing to do with bikes.
>
> Oh come on... People are obviously tired of all of the off-topic political **** on ARBR and
> telling everyone "if you don't like it, ignore it" is the biggest cop-out I've ever seen. Just
> because a newsreader is capable of filtering out certain people it doesn't mean that we all want
> to bother doing it. If people would have some common courtesy and at least TRY to stick on-topic
> no one would have to become intimately familiar with the darker functions of their newsreader.
> Bottom line is that people have made it clear that they don't want to OT discussions anymore and
> the arrogant twits that propagate it don't care.
>
> BTW - I feel that a thread that talks about the health of this newsgroup could be MORE on-topic.
> The OT stuff is ruining this group. It's undeniable. Look at the stats from 2002 to 2003 and see
> how much it's dying off. Also look at who posts the most and look at the longest threads.
> Nothing to do with recumbents. If this doesn't stop this newsgroup will die off completely in a
> couple of years.

Oh come on... People are obviously tired of all of the off-topic political **** on ARBR >>>

And yet here you go. I repeat, wow!

"Bryan Ball" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...

> > But you just posted something that has nothing to do with bikes.
>
> Oh come on... People are obviously tired of all of the off-topic political **** on ARBR and
> telling everyone "if you don't like it, ignore it" is the biggest cop-out I've ever seen. Just
> because a newsreader is capable of filtering out certain people it doesn't mean that we all want
> to bother doing it. If people would have some common courtesy and at least TRY to stick on-topic
> no one would have to become intimately familiar with the darker functions of their newsreader.
> Bottom line is that people have made it clear that they don't want to OT discussions anymore and
> the arrogant twits that propagate it don't care.

The bottom line is that there are SOME people that do want OT discussions. Mr. Ball was always very
satisfied with the former status quo when all the OT here on ARBR was nothing but one liberal rant
after another and then there was the Greek hew haw chorus chiming in at regular intervals too. No,
he did not mind that at all.

> BTW - I feel that a thread that talks about the health of this newsgroup could be MORE on-topic.

That is why we have editors like yourself, to keep things on track. But you are confusing your
magazine with Usenet. This newsgroup is made up of diverse individuals and they all, like me, feel
free to talk about whatever they want to talk about. All you controllers should stay in your ivory
towers where you can have everything your own way.

The OT stuff is ruining this group. It's
> undeniable. Look at the stats from 2002 to 2003 and see how much it's dying off.

The stats rise and the stats fall - and most likely have nothing to do with who is posting what.

>Also look at who posts the most and look at the longest threads.

A long post is to be infinitely preferred over a lot of small and trivial posts. Lots of little
greetings and such. What a pant load that is, as Freewheeling would say. If you can't say something
that is of interest to more than one person, then you should not be saying it at all, at least not
on the newsgroup. But nobody complains about trivial posts because they do not rile the stomach
juices and force you to think about anything.

> Nothing to do with recumbents. If this doesn't stop this newsgroup will die off completely in a
> couple of years.

This newsgroup will never die as long as people are still buying and riding recumbents. There may be
a changing of the guard from time to time but that is not a bad thing.

But anyway, I do not see what Mr. Ball is complaining about in the first place. Does he not publish
a recumbent specific online magazine and have a website forum that is just chock full of news and
information. If this group would die off, it should be good for his business.

If others of you do not think you are getting enough recumbent news and information here, I suggest
you take out a subscription to Robert Bryant's Recumbent Cyclist News. There you will get some solid
information that you can take to the bank with you.

Ed Dolan - Minnesota

> I wonder... Suppose those of us who are tired of OT discussions all left. Would the OT motormouths
> still stay here and talk to themselves?
>
> Frank Calloway

No chance. They will go to the next recumbent group and infect it. They will go O.T. every chance
they get, all the time trying to show how clever and right they are until the cancer ruins the
group. They don't want to discuss their O.T. ideas with a newsgroup that would be appropriate. They
would rather disrupt this group and say "you don't have to read it".

Sick of it also!

Carl R. Murdock

Carl R. Murdock wrote:

> No chance. They will go to the next recumbent group and infect it. They will go O.T. every chance
> they get, all the time trying to show how clever and right they are until the cancer ruins the
> group. They don't want to discuss their O.T. ideas with a newsgroup that would be appropriate.
> They would rather disrupt this group and say "you don't have to read it".

Neither Mr. Dolan nor myself has ever originated an off-topic political thread.

Tom Sherman - Quad Cities

> Oh come on... People are obviously tired of all of the off-topic political **** on ARBR >>>
>

> And yet here you go. I repeat, wow!

As I said before... "I feel that a thread that talks about the health of this newsgroup could be
MORE on-topic."