General fitness, health and nutrition · Public discussion

non-leather (vegan) boots (UK)

Started by Andrew Threlfal · · Last activity · 6 posts · 1,010 views

Thread navigation

Jump through the discussion

Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
General fitness, health and nutrition
Published
20 April 2004
Last activity
26 April 2004
Original author
Andrew Threlfal
Posts
6
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
1,010
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–6 of 6
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. Any recommendations for 3/4 season vegan walking boots?

    I've had a pair of Ranger boots (from ethicalwares.com) that
    have served me well for a few years, but the upper has
    recently started getting saturated in wet weather.

    So do I do for another pair of Rangers, or try ethicalware's
    cheaper Weald boot? Any comments on the Veggie Trekker (vegetarian-
    shoes.co.uk)?

    Thanks

    --
    Andrew to reply do some reverse alchemy on the email address
    and TURNGOLDINTO bronze

  2. In article <[email hidden]>,
    [email hidden] says...

    Quoted message said:


    Any recommendations for 3/4 season vegan walking boots?

    I've had a pair of Ranger boots (from ethicalwares.com)
    that have served me well for a few years, but the upper
    has recently started getting saturated in wet weather.

    So do I do for another pair of Rangers, or try
    ethicalware's cheaper Weald boot? Any comments on the
    Veggie Trekker (vegetarian-shoes.co.uk)?

    Thanks


    To add another name to the list, Alt-berg in Yorkshire also
    make vegan boots.

    altberg.co.ukaltberg.co.uk

    I've no experience of any of them, I'm afraid.

  3. Graeme Cogger wrote

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    Any recommendations for 3/4 season vegan walking boots?

    I've had a pair of Ranger boots (from ethicalwares.com)
    that have served me well for a few years, but the upper
    has recently started getting saturated in wet weather.

    So do I do for another pair of Rangers, or try
    ethicalware's cheaper Weald boot? Any comments on the
    Veggie Trekker (vegetarian-shoes.co.uk)?

    Thanks


    To add another name to the list, Alt-berg in Yorkshire
    also make vegan boots.

    altberg.co.ukaltberg.co.uk

    I've no experience of any of them, I'm afraid.

    i have a pair of vegan altberg mckinley treks. had them for
    about 5 years now, still going strong. stiffer and tougher
    than the ethicalwares/vegetarian shoes ones. plus they'll be
    custom-made to fit your feet (you really need to visit the
    shop to get measured up), and they do a good deal on
    resoling and refurbishment.

  4. "Andrew Threlfall" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    "]news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:


    Any recommendations for 3/4 season vegan walking boots?

    I've had a pair of Ranger boots (from ethicalwares.com)
    that have served me well for a few years, but the upper
    has recently started getting saturated in wet weather.

    So do I do for another pair of Rangers, or try
    ethicalware's cheaper Weald boot? Any comments on the
    Veggie Trekker (vegetarian-shoes.co.uk)?

    Thanks

    --
    Andrew to reply do some reverse alchemy on the email
    address and TURNGOLDINTO bronze

    I've been using Garmont boots from veganline.comhiking
    boots.htm for about six months. No problems with them so far
    except they aren't waterproof - I use sealskinz socks to get
    around that problem.

    Tony

  5. Tony Walsh said:

    I've been using Garmont boots from veganline.comhiking
    boots.htm for about six months. No problems with them so
    far except they aren't waterproof - I use sealskinz socks
    to get around that problem.

    Tony


    Thanks Tony. Problem is that always seems to rain when
    I walk, so having the boot waterproof is fairly
    important to me.

    I ended up getting another pair of Rangers from
    www.ethicalwares.com The ones from www.altberg.co.uk seemed
    very good, but they had nearly a three month waiting list
    for a pair to be made! Plus the uppers of the Rangers are,
    like the alt-berg ones, made of Lorica.

    --
    Andrew to reply do some reverse alchemy on the email address
    and TURNGOLDINTO bronze

  6. Andrew Threlfall said:

    Thanks Tony. Problem is that always seems to rain when
    I walk, so having the boot waterproof is fairly
    important to me.

    I go for the opposite approach and wear sandals whenever
    possible. Your feet get wet, and then... they dry out a
    little later. Things can get cold towards winter so not
    the perfect solution, but lighter and more comfortable
    than boots or shoes when they do work, and easy to get
    plastic ones.

    Pete.
    --
    Peter Clinch University of Dundee Tel 44 1382 660111 ext.
    33637 Medical Physics, Ninewells Hospital Fax 44 1382 640177
    Dundee DD1 9SY Scotland UK net [email hidden]
    dundee.ac.uk~pjclinch

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.