Nooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

rolfdevinci

Oct 5, 2003
Frame on my road bike is cracked around seat tube where it joins the bottom bracket!!!!!!!!!!!!

Before the Truro crit it was fine. 2 days later I did a "hill climb" ride and noticed the cracks the following day while cleaning the bike.

Woe is me.

June IS the race month here....one ITT,one crit, one road race and one stage race. UGH!

Out of spite I did a short track mtb race tonight to burn off some stress. It was fun but hurt alot. :eek:

rolfdevinci said:
Frame on my road bike is cracked around seat tube where it joins the bottom bracket!!!!!!!!!!!!

Before the Truro crit it was fine. 2 days later I did a "hill climb" ride and noticed the cracks the following day while cleaning the bike.

Woe is me.

June IS the race month here....one ITT,one crit, one road race and one stage race. UGH!

Out of spite I did a short track mtb race tonight to burn off some stress. It was fun but hurt alot. :eek:

My sincere condolences :( on your loss.

rolfdevinci said:

Woe is me.

What is the material? Age and mileage/hours or whatever?

If I were you, I'd be jumping up and down with joy that I found it now, instead of during a 80 km/hr hill descent.

Yes indeed!

2001 frame purchased in 2002. This would have been the 4th season. Not alot of milage for an aluminum frame.

Maybe I have to much power....lol. :D

The frame is under warantee but the manufacturer wants the bill of sale from March 2002 which I don`t have. I`m hoping the shop may have archived computer records.

Best case scenario is I get a replacement frame and the shop will switch over my parts free of charge. They are sending the frame back tomorrow.

That said there is a guy in the club who is waiting on a new Litespeed frame and has his old bike up for sale. It is a 2000 Schwinn Peleton, 853 Reynolds steel and Ultegra components. Not alot of miles on her and it is in excellent cosmetic shape. He didn`t ride it much cause it is too big for him. I`m in the situation where he wants to move the bike asap so he can find the extra coin to equip his Litespeed with 10 speed DA. I figure $500 would get me the bike.

Gonna test ride it soon and hope it fits.

So....might just get a new framed aluminum bike and a second hand sweet steel ride if the cycling gods smile kindly upon me. That said my racing season is as good as done. Wouldn`t be able to get the Schwinn for another 3 weeks and I have no idea when, if ever, a replacement frame would arrive.

Alas............

"Good things come to those who wait." I seem to remember from your past posts that you are not only competitive, but also open minded and appreciative of steel, despite it's weight penalty. Get the Schwinn, wait on the replacement frame, and if it doesn't come through get another frame to replace it as a competition bike. (easy for me to say, I won't have to come up with the bucks!)

Be sure to let us know who the frame manufacturer is either way.

Sorry...it`s an Easton Ultralite aluminum framed bike from a Canadian manufacturer Devinci based out of Quebec.

Real nice bikes...I`m hoping they give me a replacement or, at least,a deal(at cost?) on a new frame.

The Schwinn Peleton is still an option but it was $500 for the frame/fork...not the whole bike. Hmmmmm......seems alot for a 5 year old frame.

I`m thinking now of getting a Giant frame/fork combo if I do not get a replacement frame. The Giants have a life time warantee which is darn awesome.

So......it`s now the waiting game and the weather has been simply awesome. Figures....... :(

Rolf,

Very sorry to hear that, s#@t happens. Make a good (and FAST) deal with the Schwinn and go race!!!

cuervo said:
Rolf,

Very sorry to hear that, s#@t happens. Make a good (and FAST) deal with the Schwinn and go race!!!

"....and go race!!!"

Yeah...that is the worse part. Missed the Provincial ITT and road race this past weekend and have another road race next Sunday. The following weekend is our club`s premier event....the Halifax crit.

Once we get clear of June the next road event is in the Fall. The timing was lousy. If she had held together for another month I would not miss the meat of the race schedule.......ugh!