Quoted message said:Sorry I can't help you Sheri, but I can say I'm looking for about the same info, but I'd be happy
for anywhere in the states.
What I'd like to know first is what is the last day someone can run a BQ?
In theory, at least, the day before the 20,000th entrant signs up. The Web site (www.baa.org) says
entries are accepted until the race is full.
I'm told the Motorola Marathon in Austin, Texas, is fast. It's February 15. It's fairly popular
hereabouts as a "last chance" qualifier. I'm shooting for a BQ there myself this time round, though
I'm aiming for Boston 2005, not 2004.
The Cowtown 'thon, Feb. 28 here in Fort Worth, will have a flatter course this year, I'm told. The
preliminary course description includes long flat stretches along the river multi-use paths.
Probably not as fast as Austin, but I doubt we'll be seeing any more winning times in the 2:50s.
Also it appears the Houston 'thon Jan. 18 is a popular qualifier. I strongly suspect it'd be flat,
that being bayou country and all.
The Boston Marathon site also lists Disney World, Jan. 11.
--
Brian P. Baresch Fort Worth, Texas, USA Professional editing and proofreading
If you're going through hell, keep going. --Winston Churchill