Not much snow in Scotland last week

Discussion in 'General Fitness' started by Phil Cook, Feb 27, 2004.

  1. Phil Cook

    Phil Cook Guest

    I have put a few pictures from my bagging expedition to the Highlands on line. Go here http://www.p-t-
    cook.freeserve.co.uk/Feb04/0.htm and click on the pic to load the next one.

  2. In message <[email protected]>, Phil Cook <[email protected]
    cook.RfErMeOeVsEeCrAvPeS.co.uk> writes
    >I have put a few pictures from my bagging expedition to the Highlands on line. Go here http://www.p-t-
    >cook.freeserve.co.uk/Feb04/0.htm and click on the pic to load the next one.

    Sorry to hear that. And I'm not due to go until 5 March for my winter week - and I suspect by then
    the snow blocking the roads now, will have melted. Botheration - we should have decided to go
    together and split the difference and gone in the middle!

    --
    Martin Richardson
    216/284 Munros (34/34 'Furths')

  3. Kro

    Kro Guest

    "Phil Cook" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > I have put a few pictures from my bagging expedition to the Highlands on line. Go here http://www.p-t-
    > cook.freeserve.co.uk/Feb04/0.htm and click on the pic to load the next one.
    > --
    > Phil Cook looking north over the park to the "Westminster Gasworks"

    Ah dear, location, location, location! The radio has been announcing wintry weather for the past
    week in the north-east of Scotland, treacherous roads etc. Sounds just what you're after :) Closest
    I've been was the Monadhliath Mountains at the weekend, lots of snow around, and as it was my first
    visit here, my preconceived ideas went out the window when I saw the large cornices on Carn Dearg!

    KRO

  4. Phil Cook

    Phil Cook Guest

    On Thu, 26 Feb 2004 18:17:14 +0000, Simon Caldwell wrote:

    >On Thu, 26 Feb 2004 17:35:50 +0000, Phil Cook <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    >>I have put a few pictures from my bagging expedition to the Highlands on line. Go here http://www.p-t-
    >>cook.freeserve.co.uk/Feb04/0.htm and click on the pic to load the next one.
    >
    >A little more on the East. http://homepage.ntlworld.com/simon.caldwell/Feshiebridge/index.htm

    Yeah I could see that the Gorms were pretty well covered from here

    http://www.p-t-cook.freeserve.co.uk/java/mhaoraich.htm

    Doesn't come out well at that size though.

  5. Phil Cook

    Phil Cook Guest

    Paul Saunders wrote:

    >Phil Cook wrote:
    >
    >> I have put a few pictures from my bagging expedition to the Highlands on line. Go here http://www.p-t-
    >> cook.freeserve.co.uk/Feb04/0.htm and click on the pic to load the next one.
    >
    >Very nice Phil. Some cracking shots there.

    I'm glad you think so. The best ones from the trip are at the moment sitting on top of my fridge
    trying their hardest to remind me to take them to be developed.

    In the meantime have a look at this http://www.p-t-cook.freeserve.co.uk/Feb04/mhaoraich.htm

  6. Kro

    Kro Guest

    "Phil Cook" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Paul Saunders wrote:
    >
    > >Phil Cook wrote:
    > >
    > >> I have put a few pictures from my bagging expedition to the Highlands on line. Go here http://www.p-t-
    > >> cook.freeserve.co.uk/Feb04/0.htm and click on the pic to load the next one.
    > >
    > >Very nice Phil. Some cracking shots there.
    >
    > I'm glad you think so. The best ones from the trip are at the moment sitting on top of my fridge
    > trying their hardest to remind me to take them to be developed.
    >
    > In the meantime have a look at this http://www.p-t-cook.freeserve.co.uk/Feb04/mhaoraich.htm

    Nice site Phil, I'm impressed with the panorama-plus of Beinn Eighe, is that Fionn Bheinn sticking
    up above Ruadh Stac Beag?

    KRO

  7. Phil Cook wrote:

    > In the meantime have a look at this http://www.p-t-cook.freeserve.co.uk/Feb04/mhaoraich.htm

    More cracking shots, especially the first one. Lovely inversiony clouds/fog.

    Had a look around some other parts of your site last night. Found a few problems. The Rhinogs link
    on your main page isn't working, the panorama on your Snowdon Horseshoe page is corrupted and
    there's still 3 p's in "propper" on your Tryfan and the Glyders page.

    Paul
    --
    http://www.wilderness-wales.co.uk
    http://www.wildwales.fsnet.co.uk

  8. Phil Cook

    Phil Cook Guest

    On Mon, 1 Mar 2004 01:28:30 +0000 (UTC), KRO wrote:

    >Nice site Phil, I'm impressed with the panorama-plus of Beinn Eighe, is that Fionn Bheinn sticking
    >up above Ruadh Stac Beag?

    Well spotted that man. It is, and Wyvis to the right of it in the distance. I'll have to add them in
    to the hill names feature.

  9. Phil Cook

    Phil Cook Guest

    On Mon, 1 Mar 2004 08:51:46 -0000, Paul Saunders wrote:

    >Phil Cook wrote:
    >
    >> In the meantime have a look at this http://www.p-t-cook.freeserve.co.uk/Feb04/mhaoraich.htm
    >
    >More cracking shots, especially the first one. Lovely inversiony clouds/fog.
    >
    >Had a look around some other parts of your site last night. Found a few problems. The Rhinogs link
    >on your main page isn't working, the panorama on your Snowdon Horseshoe page is corrupted and
    >there's still 3 p's in "propper" on your Tryfan and the Glyders page.

    Ah.

    I shall have to fix those. I have had a bit of a clear out recently (I only have 15 Meg available)
    and the Rhinogs have gone, I removed the link on the Wales [1] index but forgot the link on the
    front page.

    As for the corrupted Snowdon Horseshoe it looks fine to me (online) unless you call having Ian in
    the pic corruption. :)

    [1] Dydd Gwyl Dewi hapus (Happy St. David's Day)!

  10. Phil Cook

    Phil Cook Guest

    On Mon, 1 Mar 2004 19:34:36 -0000, Paul Saunders wrote:

    >Phil Cook wrote:
    >
    >> As for the corrupted Snowdon Horseshoe it looks fine to me (online) unless you call having Ian in
    >> the pic corruption. :)
    >
    >Have you tried forcing a refresh with Control F5? I've tried again and when I scroll the page to
    >the right I keep getting garbage.

    Must be a problem at your end. I have just fetched the file back by FTP and it is fine.

  11. Anonymous

    Anonymous Guest

    In article <[email protected]>, Paul Saunders <[email protected]> writes
    >Phil Cook wrote:
    >
    >> As for the corrupted Snowdon Horseshoe it looks fine to me (online) unless you call having Ian in
    >> the pic corruption. :)
    >
    >Have you tried forcing a refresh with Control F5? I've tried again and when I scroll the page to
    >the right I keep getting garbage.

    Works OK from here.

    --

    http://www.dscs.demon.co.uk/

  12. Bootlaces

    Bootlaces Guest

    In [email protected]
    Paul Saunders mused:
    > Phil Cook wrote:
    >
    >> As for the corrupted Snowdon Horseshoe it looks fine to me (online) unless you call having Ian in
    >> the pic corruption. :)
    >
    > Have you tried forcing a refresh with Control F5? I've tried again and when I scroll the page to
    > the right I keep getting garbage.

    (no ISP caching webproxy to contend with) Cleared IE cache Visited page 'Horseshoe' photo looks OK -
    no noticeable corruption

    --
    A l'eau - c'est l'heure (French Navy Motto)

  13. Bootlaces wrote:

    >> Have you tried forcing a refresh with Control F5? I've tried again and when I scroll the page to
    >> the right I keep getting garbage.
    >
    > (no ISP caching webproxy to contend with) Cleared IE cache Visited page 'Horseshoe' photo looks OK
    > - no noticeable corruption

    Well I've just tried it again, trashed my cache first, still getting garbage. Must be
    Freeserve's fault.

    Paul
    --
    http://www.wilderness-wales.co.uk
    http://www.wildwales.fsnet.co.uk

  14. Phil Cook

    Phil Cook Guest

    On Mon, 1 Mar 2004 21:17:17 -0000, Paul Saunders wrote:

    >Bootlaces wrote:
    >
    >>> Have you tried forcing a refresh with Control F5? I've tried again and when I scroll the page to
    >>> the right I keep getting garbage.
    >>
    >> (no ISP caching webproxy to contend with) Cleared IE cache Visited page 'Horseshoe' photo looks
    >> OK - no noticeable corruption
    >
    >Well I've just tried it again, trashed my cache first, still getting garbage. Must be
    >Freeserve's fault.

    It's a crap picture anyway.

  15. J MacEwan

    J MacEwan Guest

    > Ah dear, location, location, location! The radio has been announcing wintry weather for the past
    > week in the north-east of Scotland, treacherous roads etc. Sounds just what you're after :)
    > Closest I've been was the Monadhliath Mountains at the weekend, lots of snow around, and as it was
    > my first visit here, my preconceived ideas went out the window when I saw the large cornices on
    > Carn Dearg!
    >
    > KRO

    Still not much about on the Blackmount, Mamores, Nevis etc. Bit more over the other side of
    Rannoch Moor.

    Some pics from Saturday 28th:

    http://johnmacewan7785.fotopic.net/c126081.html