General fitness, health and nutrition · Public discussion

Now *that's* a tasty burger

Started by levelwave · · Last activity · 22 posts · 2,776 views

Thread navigation

Jump through the discussion

Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
General fitness, health and nutrition
Published
12 July 2005
Last activity
18 July 2005
Original author
levelwave
Posts
22
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
2,776
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–20 of 22
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. http://www.levelwave.com/images/food/burger.JPG

    With grilled bacon wrapped jalapenos fresh out of the neighbor's garden
    stuffed with cream cheese...

    http://www.levelwave.com/images/food/burger_above.JPG

    *burp*

    ~john

  2. "levelwave" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    http://www.levelwave.com/images/food/burger.JPG

    With grilled bacon wrapped jalapenos fresh out of the neighbor's garden
    stuffed with cream cheese...

    http://www.levelwave.com/images/food/burger_above.JPG

    *burp*

    ~john

    That *looks* like a tasty burger! God, I want one now. Thanks alot!

    kili

  3. On Mon, 11 Jul 2005 21:47:52 -0500, levelwave <[email hidden]>

    Quoted message said:

    http://www.levelwave.com/images/food/burger.JPG

    With grilled bacon wrapped jalapenos fresh out of the neighbor's garden
    stuffed with cream cheese...

    http://www.levelwave.com/images/food/burger_above.JPG

    *burp*

    ~john

    I wish I had a neighbor who grew bacon.

    Boron

  4. "Boron Elgar" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    On Mon, 11 Jul 2005 21:47:52 -0500, levelwave <[email hidden]>

    Quoted message said:

    http://www.levelwave.com/images/food/burger.JPG

    With grilled bacon wrapped jalapenos fresh out of the neighbor's garden
    stuffed with cream cheese...

    http://www.levelwave.com/images/food/burger_above.JPG

    *burp*

    ~john

    I wish I had a neighbor who grew bacon.

    Boron

    You might not if you were downwind.

    --
    Peter Aitken

  5. Boron Elgar said:

    On Mon, 11 Jul 2005 21:47:52 -0500, levelwave <[email hidden]>

    Quoted message said:

    http://www.levelwave.com/images/food/burger.JPG

    With grilled bacon wrapped jalapenos fresh out of the neighbor's garden
    stuffed with cream cheese...

    http://www.levelwave.com/images/food/burger_above.JPG

    *burp*

    ~john

    I wish I had a neighbor who grew bacon.

    Boron

    Try planting a strip the next time you buy some. It may work, for all
    you know.

    If you want uncooked bacon, that would be the kind to plant and if you
    want a nice, crispy one.......

  6. Margaret Suran said:
    Boron Elgar said:

    On Mon, 11 Jul 2005 21:47:52 -0500, levelwave <[email hidden]>

    Quoted message said:

    http://www.levelwave.com/images/food/burger.JPG

    With grilled bacon wrapped jalapenos fresh out of the neighbor's garden
    stuffed with cream cheese...

    http://www.levelwave.com/images/food/burger_above.JPG

    *burp*

    ~john

    I wish I had a neighbor who grew bacon.

    Boron

    Try planting a strip the next time you buy some. It may work, for all
    you know.

    If you want uncooked bacon, that would be the kind to plant and if you
    want a nice, crispy one.......

    I wonder if kosher bacon will work, too????

    Boron

  7. Boron Elgar said:

    On Tue, 12 Jul 2005 09:56:04 -0400, Margaret Suran
    <[email hidden]> wrote:

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:


    I wish I had a neighbor who grew bacon.

    Boron

    Try planting a strip the next time you buy some. It may work, for all
    you know.

    If you want uncooked bacon, that would be the kind to plant and if you
    want a nice, crispy one.......

    I wonder if kosher bacon will work, too????

    Boron

    Don't laugh. Why not?

    When I was about four years old, I told my cousin how to grow things.
    After all, I had a little vegetable plot in the garden of our summer
    house and I was growing such things as chives and parsley, that I had
    first planted myself.

    My cousin loved chocolate and I told him to bury some in the ground
    and more would grow. I was convinced it would. I told my Nanny that
    we needed a pot in which to plant something and she gave us one with
    some dirt in it. We made a hole in the dirt by digging into it with
    our fingers and placed a piece of chocolate into the hole and covered
    it with the displaced dirt. Then we watered it and again the next day
    and the next. About a week later, just as we watered our chocolate
    plant, we could see that our endeaver had come to fruition: Something
    moved and Eurka! Out of the dirt wriggled a long, brown worm. We
    thought that it was made of chocolate, but luckily, we first brought
    the pot to my Nanny and showed it to her.

    It was not a Chocolate Worm after all. :o(

    Kosher Bacon, that is a different thing....

  8. levelwave said:

    http://www.levelwave.com/images/food/burger.JPG

    With grilled bacon wrapped jalapenos fresh out of the neighbor's garden
    stuffed with cream cheese...

    http://www.levelwave.com/images/food/burger_above.JPG

    *burp*

    Ah! A Big Kahuna Burger.
    Did you wash it down with a tasty beverage? <eg>

    -L.

  9. In article <[email hidden]>, Margaret Suran

    Quoted message said:
    Boron Elgar said:

    I wish I had a neighbor who grew bacon.

    Boron

    Try planting a strip the next time you buy some. It may work, for all
    you know.

    If you want uncooked bacon, that would be the kind to plant and if you
    want a nice, crispy one.......

    And ifyou want to grow donuts, plant Cheerios.
    --
    -Barb, <http://www.jamlady.eboard.com> 7/8/05 WeBeJammin'!

  10. Melba's Jammin said:

    In article <[email hidden]>, Margaret Suran

    Quoted message said:
    Boron Elgar said:

    I wish I had a neighbor who grew bacon.

    Boron

    Try planting a strip the next time you buy some. It may work, for all
    you know.

    If you want uncooked bacon, that would be the kind to plant and if you
    want a nice, crispy one.......

    And ifyou want to grow donuts, plant Cheerios.

    What do I get if I plant the Honey Nut ones?

    Boron

  11. Boron Elgar said:
    Melba's Jammin said:

    In article <[email hidden]>, Margaret Suran

    Quoted message said:

    Boron Elgar wrote:
    > I wish I had a neighbor who grew bacon.
    >
    > Boron

    Try planting a strip the next time you buy some. It may work, for
    all you know.

    If you want uncooked bacon, that would be the kind to plant and if
    you want a nice, crispy one.......

    And ifyou want to grow donuts, plant Cheerios.

    What do I get if I plant the Honey Nut ones?

    Boron

    Honey-nut glazed doughnuts, of course! 😉

  12. jmcquown said:
    Boron Elgar said:
    Melba's Jammin said:

    In article <[email hidden]>, Margaret Suran
    <[email hidden]> wrote:

    > Boron Elgar wrote:
    >> I wish I had a neighbor who grew bacon.
    >>
    >> Boron
    >
    > Try planting a strip the next time you buy some. It may work, for
    > all you know.
    >
    > If you want uncooked bacon, that would be the kind to plant and if
    > you want a nice, crispy one.......

    And ifyou want to grow donuts, plant Cheerios.

    What do I get if I plant the Honey Nut ones?

    Boron

    Honey-nut glazed doughnuts, of course! 😉


    I'm on to this idea.

    Boron

  13. Boron Elgar <[email hidden]> wrote in
    news:[email hidden]:

    Quoted message said:
    jmcquown said:
    Boron Elgar said:

    On Wed, 13 Jul 2005 15:21:13 -0500, Melba's Jammin'
    <[email hidden]> wrote:

    > In article <[email hidden]>, Margaret Suran
    > <[email hidden]> wrote:
    >
    >> Boron Elgar wrote:
    >>> I wish I had a neighbor who grew bacon.
    >>>
    >>> Boron
    >>
    >> Try planting a strip the next time you buy some. It may work, for
    >> all you know.
    >>
    >> If you want uncooked bacon, that would be the kind to plant and if
    >> you want a nice, crispy one.......
    >
    > And ifyou want to grow donuts, plant Cheerios.

    What do I get if I plant the Honey Nut ones?

    Boron

    Honey-nut glazed doughnuts, of course! 😉


    I'm on to this idea.

    Boron

    How does one grow doughnuts with sprinkles on them?

    Michael

  14. "Dog3" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    Boron Elgar <[email hidden]> wrote in
    news:[email hidden]:

    Quoted message said:
    jmcquown said:

    Boron Elgar wrote:
    > On Wed, 13 Jul 2005 15:21:13 -0500, Melba's Jammin'
    > <[email hidden]> wrote:
    >
    >> In article <[email hidden]>, Margaret Suran
    >> <[email hidden]> wrote:
    >>
    >>> Boron Elgar wrote:
    >>>> I wish I had a neighbor who grew bacon.
    >>>>
    >>>> Boron
    >>>
    >>> Try planting a strip the next time you buy some. It may work, for
    >>> all you know.
    >>>
    >>> If you want uncooked bacon, that would be the kind to plant and if
    >>> you want a nice, crispy one.......
    >>
    >> And ifyou want to grow donuts, plant Cheerios.
    >
    > What do I get if I plant the Honey Nut ones?
    >
    > Boron

    Honey-nut glazed doughnuts, of course! 😉


    I'm on to this idea.

    Boron

    How does one grow doughnuts with sprinkles on them?

    Michael

    Get your dog to "sprinkle" on the cheerio? <g>

    kili

  15. Dog3 said:

    Boron Elgar <[email hidden]> wrote in
    news:[email hidden]:

    Quoted message said:
    jmcquown said:

    Boron Elgar wrote:
    > On Wed, 13 Jul 2005 15:21:13 -0500, Melba's Jammin'
    > <[email hidden]> wrote:
    >
    >> In article <[email hidden]>, Margaret Suran
    >> <[email hidden]> wrote:
    >>
    >>> Boron Elgar wrote:
    >>>> I wish I had a neighbor who grew bacon.
    >>>>
    >>>> Boron
    >>>
    >>> Try planting a strip the next time you buy some. It may work,
    >>> for all you know.
    >>>
    >>> If you want uncooked bacon, that would be the kind to plant and
    >>> if you want a nice, crispy one.......
    >>
    >> And ifyou want to grow donuts, plant Cheerios.
    >
    > What do I get if I plant the Honey Nut ones?
    >
    > Boron

    Honey-nut glazed doughnuts, of course! 😉


    I'm on to this idea.

    Boron

    How does one grow doughnuts with sprinkles on them?

    Michael

    Plant Froot-Loops? I shudder to think what might happen if people started
    planting the marshmallows from Lucky Charms!

    Jill

  16. "jmcquown" <[email hidden]> wrote in
    news:[email hidden]:

    Quoted message said:
    Dog3 said:

    Boron Elgar <[email hidden]> wrote in
    news:[email hidden]:

    Quoted message said:

    On Wed, 13 Jul 2005 16:00:13 -0500, "jmcquown"
    <[email hidden]> wrote:

    > Boron Elgar wrote:
    >> On Wed, 13 Jul 2005 15:21:13 -0500, Melba's Jammin'
    >> <[email hidden]> wrote:
    >>
    >>> In article <[email hidden]>, Margaret Suran
    >>> <[email hidden]> wrote:
    >>>
    >>>> Boron Elgar wrote:
    >>>>> I wish I had a neighbor who grew bacon.
    >>>>>
    >>>>> Boron
    >>>>
    >>>> Try planting a strip the next time you buy some. It may work,
    >>>> for all you know.
    >>>>
    >>>> If you want uncooked bacon, that would be the kind to plant and
    >>>> if you want a nice, crispy one.......
    >>>
    >>> And ifyou want to grow donuts, plant Cheerios.
    >>
    >> What do I get if I plant the Honey Nut ones?
    >>
    >> Boron
    >
    > Honey-nut glazed doughnuts, of course! 😉
    >
    I'm on to this idea.

    Boron

    How does one grow doughnuts with sprinkles on them?

    Michael

    Plant Froot-Loops? I shudder to think what might happen if people
    started planting the marshmallows from Lucky Charms!

    Jill

    Now Jill, I'm disappointed in your response. Everyone knows if planting
    the marshmallows from Lucky Charms yields [censored] pastry.

    Michael

  17. levelwave said:

    http://www.levelwave.com/images/food/burger.JPG

    With grilled bacon wrapped jalapenos fresh out of the neighbor's
    garden stuffed with cream cheese...

    http://www.levelwave.com/images/food/burger_above.JPG

    *burp*

    ~john

    I know it's a big favourite on alt.binaries.food, but I find pictures of
    food with a bite taken out of them singularly unappealing. Don't care to
    see pictures of someone shoving a fork in their mouth, either. It's like
    going to dinner with someone who talks with a mouthful or chews with their
    mouth open.

    Jill

  18. On Mon, 11 Jul 2005 21:47:52 -0500, levelwave <[email hidden]>

    Quoted message said:

    http://www.levelwave.com/images/food/burger.JPG

    With grilled bacon wrapped jalapenos fresh out of the neighbor's garden
    stuffed with cream cheese...

    http://www.levelwave.com/images/food/burger_above.JPG

    *burp*

    ~john

    That burger looks delicious John! I had a fantastic burger recently a
    a new restaurant in town. The Red Robin just opened a restaurant near
    my house and the wife and I tried it last Friday night. On the menu
    there is a burger called the "Banzai Burger"!
    http://html.redrobin.com/Menu-GourmetBurgers.html
    Oh my gawd...that was the best damn hamburger I ever put in my mouth!
    Instead of your basic cheeseburger, this thing had grilled pineapple
    and grilled onion topping it. It was so good I wanted to order another
    one and take it down the street to McDonalds to let the manager taste
    it and then ask the McDonald's manager if he was ashamed to be selling
    something called a cheeseburger! But, then again McDonalds doesn't
    charge you fifty bucks for two people to eat burgers for dinner!

    Regards,
    Bill

  19. Bill <[email hidden]> wrote in
    news:[email hidden]:

    Quoted message said:

    http://html.redrobin.com/Menu-GourmetBurgers.html

    Sounds like a righteous burger. All their burgers sound great! And
    there's a location near me!!!

    Thanks,

    Andy

  20. In rec.food.cooking, on Sat, 16 Jul 2005 12:24:05 -0700, Koko
    <[email hidden]> wrote about Re: Now *that's* a tasty burger:

    Quoted message said:

    He also ate his peas with a knife. I got in trouble for making a
    comment about that at the dinner table.

    Koko
    who has tried, but still can't eat peas with a knife. ;-)

    I eat my peas with honey.
    I've done it all my life.
    It makes the peas taste funny,
    But it keeps them on my knife.

    Author unknown.

    Joan

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.