Power meters · Public discussion

"NP Buster" question

Started by kmavm · · Last activity · 22 posts · 7,628 views

Thread navigation

Jump through the discussion

Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Power meters
Published
1 July 2008
Last activity
18 August 2008
Original author
kmavm
Posts
22
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
7,628
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 21–22 of 22
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. NP BUSTED!!!

    Solid TT on friday, went out too hard, blew. 53 mins, ave 338 watts, norm power 345.

    Next day, one of the hardest crits i've done, hot dog course, up-hill/down hill.

    45 minutes, ave power 318, norm power 376. ouch.

  2. You know, it's funny because I sort of had a buster on Saturday too.

    If there was a course to generate an NP buster, this might be it. It was a criterium with a fairly long hill that takes about 60 seconds to climb (for me) out of a total lap time of about 3 minutes each. I got dropped about 1/4 of the way through but kept riding, hitting the hill at L5/L6 each time, picking other dropped riders up and we had a merry band at the end. In any case, IF was 1.099, VI was 1.16 for 54 minutes.

    I've been working on threshold development and also L5/L6 stuff lately so it seems that it may time to retest. I wrote "sort of" above because I think this just came from better fitness and a suitable course and not any sort spectacular capability on my part. It was my second best NP for that duration ever, the best coming from a 40km ITT I rode 4 years ago.

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.