NPR Downplays Clear Channel DJ remarks

Paul Tepley

Guest
Today, while listening to Morning Edition, NPR ran a short piece on
how Clear Channel is trying to improve its image regarding the remarks
of its DJs about BOTHERING cyclists. As what these DJs advocated was a
lot more than BOTHERING bicyclists, I wrote the following to NPR:

Your story about how Clear Channel was attempting to improve its image because some of its DJs
advocated bothering bicyclists was a disservice to the truth and to the safety of bicycle riders.
These DJ's did not advocate BOTHERING bicyclists, they advocated actions that could result in severe
harm or death of human beings. These actions included drivers swerving into cyclists, throwing
things at riders, honking, yelling, or passing and then slamming on their brakes. Next time, don't
downplay the truth.

If this bothers anybody else, I suggest contacting NPR and letting them know.

Paul Tepley

In article <[email protected]>, Paul Tepley wrote:
> Today, while listening to Morning Edition, NPR ran a short piece on how Clear Channel is trying to
> improve its image regarding the remarks of its DJs about BOTHERING cyclists. As what these DJs
> advocated was a lot more than BOTHERING bicyclists, I wrote the following to NPR:

conservative nazis. :)

-- Dan

--
Dan Cosley ([email protected] * http://www.cs.umn.edu/~cosley/) GroupLens Research
Lab, Univ of MN (http://movielens.umn.edu/ * 612.624.8372) *** Just a foot soldier in the Army

On 13 Jan 2004 10:58:45 -0800, [email protected] (Paul Tepley) wrote: <troll snipped> Ah,
another carefully selected cross-post list; it's missing alt.fan.rush-limbaugh or some such, though.
--
Rick "Killfiling this thread: Now" Onanian

Rick Onanian wrote:

> On 13 Jan 2004 10:58:45 -0800, [email protected] (Paul Tepley) wrote: <troll snipped>
> Ah, another carefully selected cross-post list; it's missing alt.fan.rush-limbaugh or some
> such, though.
> --
> Rick "Killfiling this thread: Now" Onanian

Recumbents are bicycles too.

Tom Sherman - Quad Cities

Rick, this wasn't a troll. I listen to Public Radio almost exculsively. I once listened to Rush
Limbaugh for 10 minutes before I got sick.

I posted to both groups because this misrepresentation affects all cyclists and I just don't
like that anybody, including NPR, alters the truth to make a sucky corporation like Clear
Channel look better.

news:<[email protected]>...

Does anybody know how to contact Clear Channel to ***** at them about how much they suck?

litespeed74 wrote:
> Does anybody know how to contact Clear Channel to ***** at them about how much they suck?

If you have to ask then you don't have anything much to say.

Bill "sorry" S.

Does anybody know how to contact Clear Channel to ***** at them about how much they suck?>>>

If only there was some wa to find out the address of a company. Some sort of world wide computer system that could help people find information about companies, if only.

On Wed, 04 Feb 2004 02:53:54 GMT, watsonglenn
<[email protected]> wrote:

>Does anybody know how to contact Clear Channel to ***** at them about how much they suck?>>>
>

>If only there was some wa to find out the address of a company. Some sort of world wide computer
>system that could help people find information about companies, if only.

LOL!

"watsonglenn" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Does anybody know how to contact Clear Channel to ***** at them about how much they suck?>>>
>

> If only there was some wa to find out the address of a company. Some sort of world wide computer
> system that could help people find information about companies, if only.

And maybe somewhere someone will perhaps invent a machine that uses massive amounts of computing
power to deliver information about people, places and things using this system. They might call it
a..."search engine"

Someday maybe....I doubt in our lifetime :)

watsonglenn <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...

> Does anybody know how to contact Clear Channel to ***** at them about how much they suck?>>>
>

> If only there was some wa to find out the address of a company. Some sort of world wide computer
> system that could help people find information about companies, if only.

You couldn't find your way around a circle. But the main thing you need to do is get yourself a
brain. It is not rocket science to learn how to post to a newsgroup. But apparently, it is
beyond you.

This jerk can't even spell "way"!

But hell, this jerk can't do anything right except indulge himself in childish fantasies of thinking
he is smarter than everyone else. What a jerk!

Ed Dolan - Minnesota

Let's see. I have called him a jerk three times. No, that is not enough by far. Jerk, jerk, jerk!!!
There, that is six times altogether which is just barely adequate for this asshole!