Odd road signs

Sandy Morton

Guest
I am not very good at websites as those of you who tried recently
will know :-((

However I think I've got most of it sorted by now - so - if you go to
www.millport.net and links - I did try to change the title - you will
see a very interesting road sign. There is one at each end of
Millport when you leave to go into the country. The recommended
speed within the town is 20mph.

--
A T (Sandy) Morton
on the Bicycle Island

Sandy Morton wrote:
> I am not very good at websites as those of you who tried recently
> will know :-((
>
> However I think I've got most of it sorted by now - so - if you go to
> www.millport.net and links - I did try to change the title - you will
> see a very interesting road sign. There is one at each end of
> Millport when you leave to go into the country. The recommended
> speed within the town is 20mph.

Left is "Warning: Pedestrians"

Right is "Warning: Cycle Route Ahead"

I see nothing strange...

-Alex

On 24 Nov 2006 11:59:17 -0800, "Alex" <[email protected]> wrote:

>Sandy Morton wrote:
>> I am not very good at websites as those of you who tried recently
>> will know :-((
>>
>> However I think I've got most of it sorted by now - so - if you go to
>> www.millport.net and links - I did try to change the title - you will
>> see a very interesting road sign. There is one at each end of
>> Millport when you leave to go into the country. The recommended
>> speed within the town is 20mph.

>Left is "Warning: Pedestrians"
>
>Right is "Warning: Cycle Route Ahead"
>
>I see nothing strange...

The choice of capitalisation in the title, "The cycle friendly Island"
is odd.

Tom Crispin wrote:
> On 24 Nov 2006 11:59:17 -0800, "Alex" <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> >Sandy Morton wrote:
> >> I am not very good at websites as those of you who tried recently
> >> will know :-((
> >>
> >> However I think I've got most of it sorted by now - so - if you go to
> >> www.millport.net and links - I did try to change the title - you will
> >> see a very interesting road sign. There is one at each end of
> >> Millport when you leave to go into the country. The recommended
> >> speed within the town is 20mph.

> >Left is "Warning: Pedestrians"
> >
> >Right is "Warning: Cycle Route Ahead"
> >
> >I see nothing strange...

> The choice of capitalisation in the title, "The cycle friendly Island"
> is odd.

and the km/h was missing as well ;-)

...d

Alex said the following on 24/11/2006 19:59:

> Left is "Warning: Pedestrians"
>
> Right is "Warning: Cycle Route Ahead"
>
> I see nothing strange...

....and there was me wondering what I was missing - I couldn't see
anything odd about it either, other than emphasising the
cycle-friendliness. Is it really?

--
Paul Boyd
http://www.paul-boyd.co.uk/

In article <[email protected]>,
Paul Boyd <usenet.dont.work@plusnet> wrote:
> ..and there was me wondering what I was missing - I couldn't see
> anything odd about it either, other than emphasising the
> cycle-friendliness. Is it really?

Very cyclist friendly.

--
T h e - e x t e n d e r ! ! ! !