rec.sport.unicycling · Public discussion

OK, who is "I WOBBLE"?

Started by tholub · · Last activity · 10 posts · 272 views

Thread navigation

Jump through the discussion

Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
rec.sport.unicycling
Published
21 January 2005
Last activity
21 January 2005
Original author
tholub
Posts
10
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
272
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–10 of 10
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. As I was riding up Pinehurst Road (on two wheels) towards Oakland this
    weekend, I was passed by a car with an "I WOBBLE" license plate--anyone
    know who that is? (I'm assuming it's a unicyclist).

    --
    tholub - Kinetic Sculptor
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    tholub's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/804
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/37706

  2. or a convicted DUI guy with that as his punishment

    --
    Brian MacKenzie - LAN Solo

    Forthcoming DVD
    TRAINING WHEEL NOT REQUIRED:
    '8mb Trailer' (http://www.brianmackenzie.com/TWNR_Trailer2.wmv)

    'Unicycle Product Reviews'
    (http://londonunicyclingclub.ca/unicycleReviews.aspx)
    *120* reviews on *77* products, never make an uninformed purchase again!

    TWNR World Premiere Party Feb 19 in Cleveland at
    'Ray's Indoor Mountainbike Park' (http://www.raysmtb.com)! Click 'here'
    (http://tinyurl.com/5qnwb) for more info
    YOU NEED TO BE ON THE LIST I SUBMIT ON JAN 30 IN ORDER TO COME, PLEASE
    EMAIL ME AT BRIANANDLEEANNE (AT) SYMPATICO.CA

    Canadian Premiere is at UWO, London Ontario, Feb 27th. Group MUni rides
    planned!

    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Brian MacKenzie's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/7650
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/37706

  3. or a weeble.😄

    --
    unidad

    Just discovered this new adventure!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    unidad's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/8151
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/37706

  4. or a jelly or an amoeba what we didnt evolve from :eek:

    --
    Fly04066814 - An artists

    www.blender3d.org <-- Free open source 3D suit
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Fly04066814's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/8845
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/37706

  5. tholub said:

    *As I was riding up Pinehurst Road (on two wheels) *


    Your ride two unicycles at once? WOW! what skill level is that?😉 One
    footing two unicycles at the same time, that must take real skill! :p

    --
    brian.slater - Nellfurtiti, the Wonder Cat

    Brian C. Slater
    AKA: Snoopy

    Ok, I am now officially in my normal state of -advanced- confusion.
    Don't try to confuse me, it won't make any difference.

    "To not decide is to decide" - undecided
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    brian.slater's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/3902
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/37706

  6. brian.slater said:

    *Your ride two unicycles at once? WOW! what skill level is that?😉
    One footing two unicycles at the same time, that must take real skill!
    :p *

    I've tried that, it does take skill. Nearly impossible, I'd say....

    --
    James_Potter - betcha can't stick it!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    James_Potter's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/3807
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/37706

  7. It's possible to wheelwalk two unicycles at once, which is probably a
    lot easier than one-footing them. It is also a lot easier to use them
    like stilts. Pretty dang slow of course.

    Unidad beat me to what I was going to say, the guy might be a Weeble
    collector who sells them on eBay.

    --
    johnfoss - Walkin' on the edge

    John Foss, the Uni-Cyclone
    "jfoss" at "unicycling.com" -- www.unicycling.com

    "Read the rules!" -- 'IUF Rulebook'
    (http://www.unicycling.org/iuf/rulebook/) -- 'USA Rulebook'
    (http://www.unicycling.org/usa/competition/)
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    johnfoss's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/832
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/37706

  8. Maybe it was Jah Wobble.
    (Jah Wobble was the first bass player for P.I.L., which stands for
    Public Image Limited, the band that John Lydon aka Johnny Rotten formed
    after the demise of the Sex Pistols)
    I always thought he was a great bass player.

    --
    dogbowl - Putting the F back in Freemounting

    All I want out of life is to be able to ride the unicycle while smoking
    a cigar at the same time. Is that too much to ask for?
    (Sorry about my CREEPY avatar...I don't know what got into me to make
    it...birds are everywhere, pecking, flying, attacking...)
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    dogbowl's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/6629
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/37706

  9. brian.slater said:

    Your ride two unicycles at once? WOW! what skill level is that?😉 One
    footing two unicycles at the same time, that must take real skill! :p

    Al Hemminger made (in the 80's) a 'unicycle' with two wheels side by
    side. I think they rotated independently and each one had his own
    crank. Picture #3 on <http://www.unicycling.com/garage/multi.htm>.

    To steer back on topic, I think one couldn't ride that thing without
    considerable wobbling.

    Klaas Bil - Newsgroup Addict
    --
    It's impossible to get old when you ride a unicycle - John (what's in a name) Childs

  10. Klaas Bil said:

    *I think they rotated independently*

    I wrote that from memory. Half an hour later, but still before posting,
    I found the picture on JF's site where it is clearly stated that they DO
    (or maybe DID) turn independently. I should have deleted "I think".

    Klaas Bil

    --
    Klaas Bil - Sir Prince of Newsgroupia
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Klaas Bil's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/3442
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/37706

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.