one for all the "bike" enthusiasts

Discussion in 'Mountain Bikes' started by Simon, Jan 23, 2003.

  1. Simon

    Simon Guest

    Posted this in alt.bmx too.

    Wondered why a full suss bmx. Maybe GT can invent me an alt.full.suss.bmx

    For those that enjoy all bikes have a look at these:
    http://www.brooklynmachineworks.com/gallery/images/fsbmx1.jpg

    Simon
    ***-=[ http://www.tau-designs.co.uk ]=-***
    The information in this e-mail is confidential and may be legally privileged. It is intended solely
    for the addressee. Access to this email by anyone else is unauthorised. If you are not the intended
    recipient, any disclosure, copying, distribution or any action taken or omitted to be taken in
    reliance on it, is prohibited and may be unlawful.

    The views expressed here are my own & do not represent or reflect the views or policies of
    Tau-Designs.co.uk

    Tags:

  2. Trentus

    Trentus Guest

    "Simon" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...

    > Posted this in alt.bmx too.
    >
    > Wondered why a full suss bmx. Maybe GT can invent me an alt.full.suss.bmx
    >
    > For those that enjoy all bikes have a look at these:
    > http://www.brooklynmachineworks.com/gallery/images/fsbmx1.jpg
    >
    > Simon

    OK, maybe I'm missing something in this tiny image, and I'm not really sure just how to word this
    not knowing the terminology to describe it, but where is the freedom for movement in the rear sus?

    It appears to have no pivot point, and the seat post etc all seem to be firmly attached to both the
    beam across the top, and to the beam up to the seat post, and to the frame going to the rear wheel.
    Where is it actually suspended?

    Trentus

  3. Trentus

    Trentus Guest

    > OK, maybe I'm missing something in this tiny image, and I'm not really
    sure
    > just how to word this not knowing the terminology to describe it, but
    where
    > is the freedom for movement in the rear sus?
    >
    > It appears to have no pivot point, and the seat post etc all seem to be firmly attached to both
    > the beam across the top, and to the beam up to the seat post, and to the frame going to the rear
    > wheel. Where is it actually suspended?
    >
    > Trentus

    Sorry, it was just the angle the photo is taken from. This one here
    http://brooklynmachineworks.com/gallery/images/fsbmx3_big.jpg shows how it pivots.

    Hmmm.... Interesting. Wonder how it would go down at the local BMX track with the purists?

    Trentus

  4. G.T.

    G.T. Guest

    Jonathan Harris wrote:
    > Trentus wrote:
    >
    >> "Simon" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    >> news:[email protected]...
    >>
    >>> Posted this in alt.bmx too.
    >>>
    >>> Wondered why a full suss bmx. Maybe GT can invent me an alt.full.suss.bmx
    >>>
    >>> For those that enjoy all bikes have a look at these:
    >>> http://www.brooklynmachineworks.com/gallery/images/fsbmx1.jpg
    >>>
    >>> Simon
    >>

    >> OK, maybe I'm missing something in this tiny image, and I'm not really sure just how to word
    >> this not knowing the terminology to describe it, but where is the freedom for movement in the
    >> rear sus?
    >>
    >> It appears to have no pivot point,
    >

    > It pivots round the BB - meaning the chainline won't screw up the suspension.

    But it does screw up the suspension because the chain pulls up on the rear axle with this placement
    of the pivot (which they are truthful about). What it does not do is vary the chainstay length so a
    chain tensioner is not needed.

    Nice for street and jumping, I guess, but unneccessary for the smooth as butter BMX tracks out here
    in the west.

    Greg

    --
    "Walking under ladders for a living You know we should be running round in pubs and bars We know
    we'll never grow short And we'll never grow tall" - the Mekons

  5. Simon

    Simon Guest

    | Ok, I understand.
    |
    | It's too far down to tell.
    |
    | Maybe when it passes you will be able to answer the question.
    |
    | Let us know.
    |

    | --
    | Pete Fagerlin

    Brushes up on american ways...when the course is complete I may be enlightened.

    Simon ... dont riddle just ride

  6. Simon

    Simon Guest

    | Barbed or Barbless? Your fish hook. Pete's subtlely calling you a troll.
    | i.e.. fishing for reaction.
    |
    | Mike - I'd say barbless, Simon seems the catch and release type to me.

    Um thanks dude, new to this news group lark.

    I am guessing troll refers to someone that lurks here just waiting to start trouble. That I am not
    ....well not intentionally.

    I searched the net for the term barbed and got so much on fish hooks ....still did not twig!

    Simon

  7. "Michael Dart" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...

    | "Simon" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    | news:[email protected]...
    | > | Ok, I understand.
    | > |
    | > | It's too far down to tell.
    | > |
    | > | Maybe when it passes you will be able to answer the question.
    | > |
    | > | Let us know.
    | > |
    | > |
    | > |
    | > | --
    | > | Pete Fagerlin
    | >
    | > Brushes up on american ways...when the course is complete I may be enlightened.
    | >
    | > Simon ... dont riddle just ride
    | >

    | Barbed or Barbless? Your fish hook. Pete's subtlely calling you a troll.
    | i.e.. fishing for reaction.
    |
    | Mike - I'd say barbless, Simon seems the catch and release type to me.

    Back of the Usenet bus for you!

    He's the fish.

    I'll let you figure out who's holding the rod (not me).

    --
    Pete Fagerlin

    http://www.petefagerlin.com

  8. Martees