Australia and New Zealand · Public discussion

One Less F***ing Revhead

Started by cogcontrol · · Last activity · 99 posts · 3,949 views

Thread navigation

Jump through the discussion

Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Australia and New Zealand
Published
8 September 2006
Last activity
20 September 2006
Original author
cogcontrol
Posts
99
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
3,949
Views / 30 days
0
Topics

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–20 of 99
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. abc.net.aus1736510.htm

    I should sympathise and I guess I do a little but sorry, my overwhelming reaction is - One Less F***ing Revhead setting a bad example.

    CC

  2. cogcontrol said:

    http://www.abc.net.au/sport/content/200609/s1736510.htm

    I should sympathise and I guess I do a little but sorry, my
    overwhelming reaction is - One Less F***ing Revhead setting a bad
    example.

    CC


    Perhaps you should read these

    http://peterbrockfoundation.com.au/home/latestnews.html

    http://www.smh.com.au/olympics/articles/2004/08/26/1093518006536.html

    http://www.woj.com.au/2006/07/06/amy-gillett-foundation-road-user-forum-report/

  3. cogcontrol said:

    abc.net.aus1736510.htm

    I should sympathise and I guess I do a little but sorry, my overwhelming reaction is - One Less F***ing Revhead setting a bad example.

    CC

    A bad example? Brockie only raced on the track...the right place for it.If some fool decides to try to emulate him on the public road,it is they who are at fault,not Brockie.
    He put in a lot of (unpaid) time in driver education for kids.He never made an enemy and he remained a gentleman all his life.He was successful in a notoriously difficult and competitive sport,something you will never do.He had style,and he had class...which you will also never have.
    I wish I had a fraction of his grace,style and good manners...but I don't.So please...go and hang yourself in the backyard and give the birds a feast.It's the only contribution you will ever make to the world in your worthless "life"..

  4. cogcontrol said:


    http://www.abc.net.au/sport/content/200609/s1736510.htm

    I should sympathise and I guess I do a little but sorry, my
    overwhelming reaction is - One Less F***ing Revhead setting a bad
    example.

    CC


    Utter [censored]. You obviously know nothing about the man.
    He was always on about safety and courtesy on the roads. If we have to have
    drivers on the road it would be better if we had more like him.

  5. Parbs said:
    cogcontrol said:

    http://www.abc.net.au/sport/content/200609/s1736510.htm

    I should sympathise and I guess I do a little but sorry, my
    overwhelming reaction is - One Less F***ing Revhead setting a bad
    example.


    Perhaps you should read these

    http://peterbrockfoundation.com.au/home/latestnews.html

    http://www.smh.com.au/olympics/articles/2004/08/26/1093518006536.html

    http://www.woj.com.au/2006/07/06/amy-gillett-foundation-road-user-forum-report/

    Nice slapdown, Parbs!

    So Cogboy, do tell us just what it is that YOU'VE done to promote
    cycling in your community?

    BTH

  6. cogcontrol said:


    http://www.abc.net.au/sport/content/200609/s1736510.htm

    I should sympathise and I guess I do a little but sorry, my
    overwhelming reaction is - One Less F***ing Revhead setting a bad
    example.

    What a _shitty_ thing to say. Brock was a gentleman who did many
    positive things in the community. How did he set a bad example? For
    racing on a race course? Get a life!

    --
    ..dt

  7. quote='Parbs'cogcontrol said:

    http://www.abc.net.au/sport/content/200609/s1736510.htm

    I should sympathise and I guess I do a little but sorry, my
    overwhelming reaction is - One Less F***ing Revhead setting a bad
    example.

    CC


    Perhaps you should read these

    http://peterbrockfoundation.com.au/home/latestnews.html

    http://www.smh.com.au/olympics/articles/2004/08/26/1093518006536.html

    http://www.woj.com.au/2006/07/06/amy-gillett-foundation-road-user-forum-report/[/QUOTE]
    Peter Brock did a hell of a lot to promote responsible driving.Thanks for the link to the Amy Gillett Foundation...Brockie has risen even further in my estimation.
    cogcontrol = failed abortion.

  8. quote='Spoken 4'cogcontrol said:


    abc.net.aus1736510.htm

    I should sympathise and I guess I do a little but sorry, my
    overwhelming reaction is - One Less F***ing Revhead setting a bad
    example.

    CC


    Utter [censored]. You obviously know nothing about the man.
    He was always on about safety and courtesy on the roads. If we have to have

    drivers on the road it would be better if we had more like him.[/QUOTE]I probably know as much about the man as you do, but in my mind there IS NO EXCUSE for shutting public roads for revheads to show off their cars and 'skills' if they restricted their activities to the race I dont have any problems at all.

    If Peter Brock was that serious about safety and courtesy on the road he would not have raced on public roads, setting the example of every revhead to follow.

    CC

  9. cogcontrol said:

    http://www.abc.net.au/sport/content/200609/s1736510.htm

    I should sympathise and I guess I do a little but sorry, my
    overwhelming reaction is - One Less F***ing Revhead setting a bad
    example.

    Idiot.

  10. cogcontrol said:

    I probably know as much about the man as you do, but in my mind there IS NO EXCUSE for shutting public roads for revheads to show off their cars and 'skills' if they restricted their activities to the race I dont have any problems at all.

    If Peter Brock was that serious about safety and courtesy on the road he would not have raced on public roads, setting the example of every revhead to follow.

    CC

    Do you have problems with public roads being closed for triathelons? or Criteriums? or Road Races?

  11. cogcontrol said:

    IS NO EXCUSE for shutting public roads for revheads to show off their cars and 'skills'

    Why? You'd prefer them to race on open roads?

  12. cogcontrol said:

    I probably know as much about the man as you do, but in my mind there IS NO EXCUSE for shutting public roads for revheads to show off their cars and 'skills' if they restricted their activities to the race I dont have any problems at all.

    If Peter Brock was that serious about safety and courtesy on the road he would not have raced on public roads, setting the example of every revhead to follow.

    CC

    So..public roads should be closed to bike races too?
    Yes or no?

  13. cogcontrol=farkwit!....or are you Germaine Greer incognito?...cretin!

  14. I remember Peter Brock once on 60 minutes talking about the rights of
    cyclists to use the road, and demonstrating to drivers how they should look
    out for cyclists.

    He was our best friend in the article, while Bill Tuckey was mouthing off
    all kinds of dribble against cyclists.

    If you want to have a go at a motor racing person, you are doing it to the
    wrong one, and at the wrong time.

    Paul

    "cogcontrol" <[email hidden]> wrote in
    message news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:


    http://www.abc.net.au/sport/content/200609/s1736510.htm

    I should sympathise and I guess I do a little but sorry, my
    overwhelming reaction is - One Less F***ing Revhead setting a bad
    example.

    CC

    --
    cogcontrol

  15. stevebaby said:

    So..public roads should be closed to bike races too?
    Yes or no?

    I am not a bike racer so am ambivalent about public roads being shut for bike races and is not relevant to my point that racing on a public road makes a total mockery of all the anti speeding campaigns. It makes as much sense as shutting a public road for drink driving.

    These two factors being the biggest contributing factors to fatal accidents on our roads.

    The biggest consequence of shutting roads for bike races or triathlons is a few inconvienced car drivers.

    CC

  16. cogcontrol said:

    abc.net.aus1736510.htm

    I should sympathise and I guess I do a little but sorry, my overwhelming reaction is - One Less F***ing Revhead setting a bad example.

    CC


    idiot

  17. cogcontrol said:

    I am not a bike racer so am ambivalent about public roads being shut for bike races and is not relevant to my point that racing on a public road makes a total mockery of all the anti speeding campaigns. It makes as much sense as shutting a public road for drink driving.

    These two factors being the biggest contributing factors to fatal accidents on our roads.

    The biggest consequence of shutting roads for bike races or triathlons is a few inconvienced car drivers.

    CC

    If the road is closed for racing then it is no longer a "public road".Fool.
    Peter Brock campaigned long and hard against drink-driving all his life and championed the rights of cyclists.
    You have not the faintest idea what you are talking about.
    Please follow my earlier advice.
    🙂 🙂 🙂

  18. cogcontrol said:

    abc.net.aus1736510.htm

    I should sympathise and I guess I do a little but sorry, my overwhelming reaction is - One Less F***ing Revhead setting a bad example.

    CC

    I think you picked the wrong racing driver to vent your spleen upon. As a number of other posters have pointed out, Peter Brock campaigned against drink driving and was very active and vocal on the topic of road safety and the rights of cyclists.

    Had he been active in the illegal street drag racing scene and a habitual drink driver, you sentiments might have made sense. As it stands, you merely look like fool.

    And no, I am not a Peter Brock fan.

  19. I think idiot of the year is sorted. Next...

  20. "cogcontrol" <[email hidden]> wrote in
    message news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:


    http://www.abc.net.au/sport/content/200609/s1736510.htm

    I should sympathise and I guess I do a little but sorry, my
    overwhelming reaction is - One Less F***ing Revhead setting a bad
    example.

    CC

    --
    cogcontrol

    Moron, do you even know anything about him?

    Peter Miller
    Newcastle

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.