General fitness, health and nutrition · Public discussion

onion turning green in food processor

Started by James Cole · · Last activity · 1 post · 328 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
General fitness, health and nutrition
Published
18 August 2005
Last activity
18 August 2005
Original author
James Cole
Posts
1
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
328
Views / 30 days
2

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–1 of 1
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. Hi,

    For some reason, when I blend brown onions in the food processor, the
    resulting paste comes out a pale green. If I chopped the onions up,
    they'd be the normal clear colour. I'm not sure if it affects the
    taste of it, I guess it can't do so in any major way.

    As far as I know, this isn't what's supposed to happen. The only
    things I can think of is that the way the food processor cuts it up, it
    makes the light reflect off it differntly or something, or perhaps
    there's something in the blade of container that is getting into the
    onion and causing that colour change.

    Any ideas?

    Thanks,
    James.

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.