Cycling Equipment · Public discussion

opinions on Carbon seatposts

Started by Jjpsych · · Last activity · 8 posts · 970 views

Thread navigation

Jump through the discussion

Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Cycling Equipment
Published
21 August 2003
Last activity
23 August 2003
Original author
Jjpsych
Posts
8
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
970
Views / 30 days
1

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–8 of 8
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. Ok, I am debating switching to a carbon seatpost. So, I have checked out that bastian of western
    capitalism and free-market economics (OK, there was a little sarcasm there) called E-bay.

    THere are some no-name carbon posts for around $60-$80. Are they worth it? Specifically the one sold
    by "Leader" and the one sold by "Fetish Cycles" WOuld it be better to spend the extra $30 or so and
    get an Easton?

    Thanks in advance, Jay

  2. "jjpsych" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    "]news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    THere are some no-name carbon posts for around $60-$80. Are they worth it? Specifically the one
    sold by "Leader" and the one sold by "Fetish Cycles"

    You've GOT to get the Fetish, of course!

    Bill "Leader too much pressure" S.

  3. In article <[email hidden]>, [email hidden] says...

    Quoted message said:

    Ok, I am debating switching to a carbon seatpost. So, I have checked out that bastian of western
    capitalism and free-market economics (OK, there was a little sarcasm there) called E-bay. THere are
    some no-name carbon posts for around $60-$80. Are they worth it? Specifically the one sold by
    "Leader" and the one sold by "Fetish Cycles" WOuld it be better to spend the extra $30 or so and
    get an Easton?

    I would stick with Easton, a very reputable company, for a few years. Once the other companies have
    proven that they can make a solid product that will not fail, then you might consider buying them.
    Have a post fail can have some very unpleasant consequences.
    -----------------
    Alex __O _-\<,_ (_)/ (_)

  4. Quoted post said:

    Originally posted by Jjpsych
    Ok, I am debating switching to a carbon seatpost. So, I have checked out that bastian of western
    capitalism and free-market economics (OK, there was a little sarcasm there) called E-bay.

    THere are some no-name carbon posts for around $60-$80. Are they worth it? Specifically the one sold
    by "Leader" and the one sold by "Fetish Cycles" WOuld it be better to spend the extra $30 or so and
    get an Easton?

    Thanks in advance, Jay

    I got an ITM carbon post after the clamp mechanism on my Dura-Ace post broke and I can tell you that there is no difference at all between the two. Of all the other racers I know that have carbon posts, none of them think that they are any more comfortable than any other post.

  5. Bought a Leader bike with fork and post. Selling the whole piece of [censored]. Want to buy?

    Get a Thompson or a Chorus Ti.

    Jon

    "jjpsych" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    "]news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    Ok, I am debating switching to a carbon seatpost. So, I have checked out that bastian of western
    capitalism and free-market economics (OK, there was a little sarcasm there) called E-bay.

    THere are some no-name carbon posts for around $60-$80. Are they worth it? Specifically the one
    sold by "Leader" and the one sold by "Fetish Cycles" WOuld it be better to spend the extra $30 or
    so and get an Easton?

    Thanks in advance, Jay

  6. check out the new thomson "masterpiece" seatpost

    "jjpsych" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    "]news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    Ok, I am debating switching to a carbon seatpost. So, I have checked out that bastian of western
    capitalism and free-market economics (OK, there was a little sarcasm there) called E-bay.

    THere are some no-name carbon posts for around $60-$80. Are they worth it? Specifically the one
    sold by "Leader" and the one sold by "Fetish Cycles" WOuld it be better to spend the extra $30 or
    so and get an Easton?

    Thanks in advance, Jay

  7. jjpsych-<< THere are some no-name carbon posts for around $60-$80. Are they worth it? Specifically
    the one sold by "Leader" and the one sold by "Fetish Cycles" WOuld it be better to spend the extra
    $30 or so and get an Easton? >><BR><BR>

    Ask the guy that works for me that broke a seatpost(aluminum) and got badly injured in the
    process(let your imagination figure out what ad where). I would be careful about anything that
    attaches you to the bike, like seatpost, stem, bars, pedals...and beware of getting SLS for htis..

    Peter Chisholm Vecchio's Bicicletteria 1833 Pearl St. Boulder, CO, 80302
    (303)440-3535 vecchios.comvecchios.com "Ruote convenzionali costruite eccezionalmente bene"

  8. adr-<< I would stick with Easton, a very reputable company >><BR><BR>

    measure the Easton if ya get it. We are two for two with undersized carbon posts from them...

    Peter Chisholm Vecchio's Bicicletteria 1833 Pearl St. Boulder, CO, 80302
    (303)440-3535 vecchios.comvecchios.com "Ruote convenzionali costruite eccezionalmente bene"

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.