Cycling Equipment · Public discussion

Opinions on Modolo levers?

Started by Mark Vieselmeye · · Last activity · 6 posts · 1,146 views

Thread navigation

Jump through the discussion

Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Cycling Equipment
Published
15 August 2003
Last activity
15 August 2003
Original author
Mark Vieselmeye
Posts
6
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
1,146
Views / 30 days
3
Topics

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–6 of 6
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. I've got some damaged 8-speed Shimano 105 levers I'd like to upgrade, but I don't want to do a full
    9-speed upgrade right now. I figure the Modolo levers would allow me to do that in the future if
    decide to later. What do you folks think of the Modolo levers for function & ergonomics?

    Thanks,

    - mark

  2. Quoted message said:

    I've got some damaged 8-speed Shimano 105 levers I'd like to upgrade, but I don't want to do a
    full 9-speed upgrade right now. I figure the Modolo levers would allow me to do that in the future
    if decide to later. What do you folks think of the Modolo levers for function & ergonomics?

    used to use morphos, before i got all ergopowered. they have some advantages in flexibility, but
    give up something in ergonomics to get it.

    the brake levers themselves took some getting used to. i'm used to the standard shaped levers with
    the "flip" at the end. this is minimized in the ergo levers, so i had some trouble at first knowing
    where i was on the lever by feel.

    the shifting mech works perfectly, but with my setup (old campy 8s) i could only get one cog at a
    time downshifts on the right, though i got two upshifts. the downshifts take a bit of a shove
    compared to ergopower, as well.

    the arrangement of the shift levers is actually quite amazing. i never had trouble finding a place
    to put all my fingers and stuff while on the hoods, and they were able to shape the shifters so that
    i could reach the up- or down-shift levers from either the drops or the hoods!

    i still think i prefer my ergos, but the morphos aren't a bad compromise at all.

  3. mviesel-<< I've got some damaged 8-speed Shimano 105 levers I'd like to upgrade, but I don't want to
    do a full 9-speed upgrade right now. I figure the Modolo levers would allow me to do that in the
    future if decide to later. >><BR><BR>

    why not get 9s levers, 9s cassette and chain and you are done. No other 'upgrade' needed...

    Peter Chisholm Vecchio's Bicicletteria 1833 Pearl St. Boulder, CO, 80302
    (303)440-3535 vecchios.comvecchios.com "Ruote convenzionali costruite eccezionalmente bene"

  4. Qui si parla Campagnolo <[email hidden]> wrote:
    : mviesel-<< I've got some damaged 8-speed Shimano 105 levers I'd like to upgrade, but I don't want
    : to do a full 9-speed upgrade right now. I figure the Modolo levers would allow me to do that in
    : the future if decide to later. >><BR><BR>

    : why not get 9s levers, 9s cassette and chain and you are done. No other 'upgrade' needed...

    So I can use the same derailleur? I guess that makes sense, since the indexing is in the lever. How
    much would I have to change if I wanted to go with Campagnolo?

    - mark

  5. "Mark Vieselmeyer" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    "]news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    I've got some damaged 8-speed Shimano 105 levers I'd like to upgrade, but I don't want to do a
    full 9-speed upgrade right now. I figure the Modolo levers would allow me to do that in the future
    if decide to later. What do you folks think of the Modolo levers for function & ergonomics?

    Thanks,

    - mark


    I have a set of Morphus (Sp?) on my winter bike from when I was toying with going Campy. Terrible
    things, impossible to use comfortably without taking your hand off the bars to get leverage. I think
    they are my worst every cycling buy.... or was that the demin print shorts I used to have 🙂

    Stan Cox

  6. Com'on. Denim print shorts with a tie die cycle shirt that Branford used to sell, along with Lake or
    Shimano sandals. What a cool cycle get-up.

    Gary Jacobson Rosendale, NY

    Quoted message said:

    I have a set of Morphus (Sp?) on my winter bike from when I was toying


    with

    Quoted message said:

    going Campy. Terrible things, impossible to use comfortably without taking your hand off the bars
    to get leverage. I think they are my worst every cycling buy.... or was that the demin print
    shorts I used to have 🙂

    Stan Cox

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.