OT: 8 years and counting

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Mattb

It was 8 years ago today I got legally hitched to my soul mate and favorite riding pal. It went by
really quickly, and now we've got a new addition (future riding pal?) which just makes it that much
better. I'm a lucky guy. Just thought I'd gloat to all you folks. :)

--

Matt (on top of all that it's Martini night at our local watering hole!)

"Gravity. It's not just a good idea, it's the law!"

On Tue, 5 Aug 2003 15:05:10 -0600, MattB <[email protected]> wrote:

> It was 8 years ago today I got legally hitched to my soul mate and favorite riding pal. It went by
> really quickly, and now we've got a new addition (future riding pal?) which just makes it that
> much better. I'm a lucky guy. Just thought I'd gloat to all you folks. :)
>

*******! Actually, congratulations on both the current and future riding pals! You'll love kids --
they rock, although they do take quite a bit of time.

--
Bob M in CT Remove 'x.' to reply

On Tue, 5 Aug 2003 15:05:10 -0600, MattB wrote:
> It was 8 years ago today I got legally hitched to my soul mate and favorite riding pal.

Congratulations!

To see the view from our side: on the trip back from our last ride (which took a lot longer than
expected), we were trying to decide if angry wives were one of the factors that makes a ride qualify
as "epic".

--
-BB- To reply to me, drop the attitude (from my e-mail address, at least)

MattB says:

> It was 8 years ago today I got legally hitched to my soul mate and favorite riding pal. It went by
> really quickly, and now we've got a new addition (future riding pal?) which just makes it that

Congrats - on the old and the new riding partners. Lessee...... In 19 and a half years you'll have
been married as long as I have. Four kids later, I still have one riding partner left at home, not
counting the missus (who is really only 1/2 a riding partner at best), and the rest have pretty much
flown the coop.

Steve

Bob M scribbled :
> On Tue, 5 Aug 2003 15:05:10 -0600, MattB <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>> It was 8 years ago today I got legally hitched to my soul mate and favorite riding pal. It went
>> by really quickly, and now we've got a new addition (future riding pal?) which just makes it that
>> much better. I'm a lucky guy. Just thought I'd gloat to all you folks. :)
>>
>
> *******! Actually, congratulations on both the current and future riding pals! You'll love kids --
> they rock, although they do take quite a bit of time.

hehe, wati until your kids are getting college apps in the mail, and you can take off for a
weekend with out them, and realize that it's better than ever... Congrats to you and mrs b, many
more I hope!!

penny

On Tue, 5 Aug 2003 14:28:16 -0700, Penny S. <[email protected]> wrote:

> Bob M scribbled :
>> On Tue, 5 Aug 2003 15:05:10 -0600, MattB <[email protected]> wrote:
>>
>>> It was 8 years ago today I got legally hitched to my soul mate and favorite riding pal. It went
>>> by really quickly, and now we've got a new addition (future riding pal?) which just makes it
>>> that much better. I'm a lucky guy. Just thought I'd gloat to all you folks. :)
>>>
>>
>> *******! Actually, congratulations on both the current and future riding pals! You'll love kids
>> -- they rock, although they do take quite a bit of time.
>
> hehe, wati until your kids are getting college apps in the mail, and you can take off for a
> weekend with out them, and realize that it's better than ever... Congrats to you and mrs b, many
> more I hope!!
>
> penny
>
>
>

That is true! Don't empty nesters get dogs? I don't have kids -- I just have friends who have them,
which is much easier; I get to drop the kids off!

--

"MattB" <[email protected]> wrote:

> It was 8 years ago today I got legally hitched to my soul mate and favorite riding pal. It went
> by really quickly, and now we've got a new addition (future riding pal?) which just makes it
> that much better. I'm a lucky guy. Just thought I'd gloat to all you folks. :)

Yeah, that's all well and fine until one day when you're looking at the big scrape down the side of
your new Zylon fiber MTB frame. The kid will say something like "well, my MTB had a flat and besides
it didn't match my jersey and that rock shouldn't have been there. It's not like it's MY fault or
anything...".

Congrats! Here's hoping the "addition" has the aerobic capacity of a water buffalo, the discernment
of Solomon, and none of the traits of the rest of us losers!

Mark Hickey Habanero Cycles http://www.habcycles.com Home of the $695 ti frame

"MattB" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> It was 8 years ago today I got legally hitched to my soul mate and favorite riding pal. It
> went by really quickly, and now we've got a new addition (future riding pal?) which just makes
> it that much better. I'm a lucky guy. Just thought I'd gloat to all you folks. :)
>
> --
>
> Matt (on top of all that it's Martini night at our local watering hole!)
>
> "Gravity. It's not just a good idea, it's the law!"
>
>
Congrats Matt, thanks for sharing that with us....it's good to see that I'm not the only one ;-)
Dave. (15 years and counting....)

"Dave" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
>
> "MattB" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> > It was 8 years ago today I got legally hitched to my soul mate and
> > favorite riding pal. It went by really quickly, and now we've got a new
> > addition (future riding pal?) which just makes it that much better. I'm
a
> > lucky guy. Just thought I'd gloat to all you folks. :)
> >
> > --
> >
> > Matt (on top of all that it's Martini night at our local watering hole!)
> >
> > "Gravity. It's not just a good idea, it's the law!"
> >
> >
> Congrats Matt, thanks for sharing that with us....it's good to see that
I'm
> not the only one ;-) Dave. (15 years and counting....)
>

11 years on 1st August, and 1 jnr MTB'er.

Peter.

On Tue, 05 Aug 2003 21:21:59 GMT, Bob M <[email protected]> wrote:

>On Tue, 5 Aug 2003 15:05:10 -0600, MattB <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>> It was 8 years ago today I got legally hitched to my soul mate and favorite riding pal. It went
>> by really quickly, and now we've got a new addition (future riding pal?) which just makes it that
>> much better. I'm a lucky guy. Just thought I'd gloat to all you folks. :)
>>
>
>*******! Actually, congratulations on both the current and future riding pals! You'll love kids --
>they rock, although they do take quite a bit of time.

Kids are the best thing to settle middle aged nerves. The perspective they give is im-measurable.
And I'll second the last part!!

On Tue, 05 Aug 2003 21:54:25 GMT, Mark Hickey <[email protected]> wrote:

>"MattB" <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>> It was 8 years ago today I got legally hitched to my soul mate and favorite riding pal. It
>> went by really quickly, and now we've got a new addition (future riding pal?) which just makes
>> it that much better. I'm a lucky guy. Just thought I'd gloat to all you folks. :)
>
>Yeah, that's all well and fine until one day when you're looking at the big scrape down the side of
>your new Zylon fiber MTB frame. The kid will say something like "well, my MTB had a flat and
>besides it didn't match my jersey and that rock shouldn't have been there. It's not like it's MY
>fault or anything...".
>
>Congrats! Here's hoping the "addition" has the aerobic capacity of a water buffalo, the discernment
>of Solomon, and none of the traits of the rest of us losers!
>
>Mark Hickey Habanero Cycles http://www.habcycles.com Home of the $695 ti frame

here, here!!

On Tue, 5 Aug 2003 14:28:16 -0700, "Penny S." <[email protected]> wrote:

>Bob M scribbled :
>>
>>> It was 8 years ago today I got legally hitched to my soul mate and favorite riding pal. It went
>>> by really quickly, and now we've got a new addition (future riding pal?) which just makes it
>>> that much better. I'm a lucky guy. Just thought I'd gloat to all you folks. :)
>>>
>>
>> *******! Actually, congratulations on both the current and future riding pals! You'll love kids
>
>hehe, wati until your kids are getting college apps in the mail, and you can take off for a
>weekend with out them, and realize that it's better than ever... Congrats to you and mrs b, many
>more I hope!!
>
>penny
>

I've still got a long wait then......

On Wed, 06 Aug 2003 11:23:45 -0400, Dave W <[email protected]> wrote:

> On Tue, 05 Aug 2003 21:21:59 GMT, Bob M <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>>
>>>
>>
>
>
> Kids are the best thing to settle middle aged nerves. The perspective they give is im-measurable.
> And I'll second the last part!!
>
>
>

I totally agree -- they love to dance and sing and have fun. I know that I neglect myself at times
and don't have the fun I should, and kids remind me of the types of fun I should be having. Plus,
they challenge you in many ways.

--

"MattB" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...

Congrats to you and Mrs B, Matt. I may be popping in or passing through next week, will you be in
the 'hood?

JD

"JD" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> "MattB" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> > It was 8 years ago today I got legally hitched to my soul mate and favorite riding pal. It went
> > by really quickly, and now we've got a new addition (future riding pal?) which just makes it
> > that much better. I'm
a
> > lucky guy. Just thought I'd gloat to all you folks. :)
>
> Congrats to you and Mrs B, Matt. I may be popping in or passing through next week, will you be in
> the 'hood?
>
> JD

Thanks.

Yep. I'll be here. Hartman's is nice right now from recent rains. I haven't been up high much
for lack of time, but if a friend from out of town were to come through I _might_ be able to
find some...

Matt (but I did to Canyon Creek a few weeks back. Very nice!)

MattB <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> It was 8 years ago today I got legally hitched to my soul mate and favorite riding pal. It
> went by really quickly, and now we've got a new addition (future riding pal?) which just makes
> it that much better. I'm a lucky guy. Just thought I'd gloat to all you folks. :)
>
> --
>
> Matt (on top of all that it's Martini night at our local watering hole!)
>
> "Gravity. It's not just a good idea, it's the law!"

Congrats dude! Late, I know, but I been errmmm, busy elsewhere ',;~}~

Shaun aRe wishing you many more happy years!

Status
Not open for further replies.