OT: Better Off Dead

JD

Guest
I just saw "Ricky" when stopping for a burrito on the way home from
work. This dude was a bit more portly, but he had the haircut,
glasses, weird look on his chubby face, walked like Ricky and the
voice was almost a perfect match. I wanted to ask him for $2.

JD Gasparini

On May 4, 10:34 am, JD <[email protected]> wrote:
> I just saw "Ricky" when stopping for a burrito on the way home from
> work. This dude was a bit more portly, but he had the haircut,
> glasses, weird look on his chubby face, walked like Ricky and the
> voice was almost a perfect match. I wanted to ask him for $2.
>
> JD Gasparini

Now THAT'S an LA star sighting!

/s

"Do you know what the street value of this mountain is?"

Scott Gordo wrote:
> On May 4, 10:34 am, JD <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>>I just saw "Ricky" when stopping for a burrito on the way home from
>>work. This dude was a bit more portly, but he had the haircut,
>>glasses, weird look on his chubby face, walked like Ricky and the
>>voice was almost a perfect match. I wanted to ask him for $2.
>>
>>JD Gasparini

> Now THAT'S an LA star sighting!
>
> /s
>
> "Do you know what the street value of this mountain is?"

But can you ski the K-12?

Matt (I have - it's at Alta!)

MattB wrote:
> Scott Gordo wrote:
>> On May 4, 10:34 am, JD <[email protected]> wrote:
>>
>>> I just saw "Ricky" when stopping for a burrito on the way home from
>>> work. This dude was a bit more portly, but he had the haircut,
>>> glasses, weird look on his chubby face, walked like Ricky and the
>>> voice was almost a perfect match. I wanted to ask him for $2.
>>>
>>> JD Gasparini

>> Now THAT'S an LA star sighting!
>>
>> /s
>>
>> "Do you know what the street value of this mountain is?"
>>

> But can you ski the K-12?
>
> Matt (I have - it's at Alta!)

Damn, I'd never even heard of that movie before. And I like Cusack.

Greg
--
The ticketbastard Tax Tracker:
http://www.ticketmastersucks.org/tracker.html

Dethink to survive - Mclusky

G.T. wrote:
> MattB wrote:
>> Scott Gordo wrote:

>>> Now THAT'S an LA star sighting!
>>>
>>> /s
>>>
>>> "Do you know what the street value of this mountain is?"
>>>

>> But can you ski the K-12?
>>
>> Matt (I have - it's at Alta!)

> Damn, I'd never even heard of that movie before. And I like Cusack.
>
> Greg

You live in California, your not that much different in age to me, and
you've never heard of Better Off Dead? That movie lived on HBO during
the 80's, almost every day.

OK. Now I'm feeling old. :(

--
o-o-o-o Ride-A-Lot o-o-o-o
www.schnauzers.ws

G.T. wrote:
> MattB wrote:
>
>> Scott Gordo wrote:

>>> Now THAT'S an LA star sighting!
>>>
>>> /s
>>>
>>> "Do you know what the street value of this mountain is?"
>>>

>> But can you ski the K-12?
>>
>> Matt (I have - it's at Alta!)

> Damn, I'd never even heard of that movie before. And I like Cusack.
>
> Greg

It's funny. Get it and see it. Instant classic.
You may suddenly realize silly thing people have been saying over the
years are actually quotes. It's as quotable as Caddy Shack.

"Now that's a real shame when folks be throwin' away a perfectly good
white boy like that. "

Matt

On May 4, 3:56 pm, MattB <[email protected]> wrote:
> G.T. wrote:
> > MattB wrote:

> >> But can you ski the K-12?

> >> Matt (I have - it's at Alta!)

> > Damn, I'd never even heard of that movie before. And I like Cusack.

> > Greg

> It's funny. Get it and see it. Instant classic.
> You may suddenly realize silly thing people have been saying over the
> years are actually quotes. It's as quotable as Caddy Shack.
>
> "Now that's a real shame when folks be throwin' away a perfectly good
> white boy like that. "
>
> Matt- Hide quoted text -

GT has to have heard "TWO DOLLARS!" at some point. Right?

/s

"It has raisins. You LIKE raisins!"

On May 4, 12:56 pm, MattB <[email protected]> wrote:
> G.T. wrote:
> > MattB wrote:

> >> But can you ski the K-12?

> >> Matt (I have - it's at Alta!)

> > Damn, I'd never even heard of that movie before. And I like Cusack.

> > Greg

> It's funny. Get it and see it. Instant classic.
> You may suddenly realize silly thing people have been saying over the
> years are actually quotes. It's as quotable as Caddy Shack.
>
> "Now that's a real shame when folks be throwin' away a perfectly good
> white boy like that. "
>
> Matt

Savage Steve Holland is a genius. Better Off Dead and One Crazy
Summer were fantastic, as was Eek The Cat.

I liked the exchange students who were always racing Lane Meyer.
Greg, you had better rent it this weekend and report back to us.

"I didn't ask for a dime, I asked for two dollars"

JD

"Ride-A-Lot" <mitchell@[nospam]schnauzers.ws> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> G.T. wrote:
> > MattB wrote:
> >> Scott Gordo wrote:

> >> But can you ski the K-12?
> >>
> >> Matt (I have - it's at Alta!)

> > Damn, I'd never even heard of that movie before. And I like Cusack.
> >
> > Greg

> You live in California, your not that much different in age to me, and
> you've never heard of Better Off Dead? That movie lived on HBO during
> the 80's, almost every day.
>
> OK. Now I'm feeling old. :(

It's been a while, but if I recall he also skis it one one ski...

Gregg must grown up later when paper deliveries were a rarity. Heck, they
could have modelled that kid after me ;-)

On May 4, 4:47 pm, "G Wood" <[email protected]> wrote:
> "Ride-A-Lot" <mitchell@[nospam]schnauzers.ws> wrote in message
>
> news:[email protected]...
>

> > G.T. wrote:

> > > Damn, I'd never even heard of that movie before. And I like Cusack.

> > > Greg

> > You live in California, your not that much different in age to me, and
> > you've never heard of Better Off Dead? That movie lived on HBO during
> > the 80's, almost every day.

> > OK. Now I'm feeling old. :(

> It's been a while, but if I recall he also skis it one one ski...
>
> Gregg must grown up later when paper deliveries were a rarity. Heck, they
> could have modelled that kid after me ;-)

Don't let Greg fool you, he's a viejo.

Did you have a switchblade comb too?

JD

Scott Gordo wrote:

> GT has to have heard "TWO DOLLARS!" at some point. Right?

Dem, that must be where JD gets all them funny quotes on our rides. I
know 90% of them but this must be the source of the other 10%!!!

Greg
--

On May 4, 8:45 pm, "G.T." <[email protected]> wrote:
> Scott Gordo wrote:
>
> > GT has to have heard "TWO DOLLARS!" at some point. Right?

> Dem, that must be where JD gets all them funny quotes on our rides. I
> know 90% of them but this must be the source of the other 10%!!!

All ya gotta do is ask where they came from.

You missed a killer ride yesterday. Afterwards I rode with Carrie and
slung that 50lb Schwinn 30 miles into the night. She digs her mixte.

JD ride a lot more

On May 4, 4:13 pm, JD <[email protected]> wrote:
> On May 4, 12:56 pm, MattB <[email protected]> wrote:
>

> > G.T. wrote:

> > > Damn, I'd never even heard of that movie before. And I like Cusack.

> > > Greg

> > It's funny. Get it and see it. Instant classic.
> > You may suddenly realize silly thing people have been saying over the
> > years are actually quotes. It's as quotable as Caddy Shack.

> > "Now that's a real shame when folks be throwin' away a perfectly good
> > white boy like that. "

> > Matt

> Savage Steve Holland is a genius. Better Off Dead and One Crazy
> Summer were fantastic, as was Eek The Cat.
>
> I liked the exchange students who were always racing Lane Meyer.
> Greg, you had better rent it this weekend and report back to us.
>
> "I didn't ask for a dime, I asked for two dollars"
>
> JD- Hide quoted text -

Best Van Halen video too, EVAR!

Watched "Grosse Point Blank" yesterday. I was working on a script for
a high school reunion movie when that came out. That movie kicked my
movie idea's ass so badly I've barely typed anything longer than an
email since.

/s

Scott Gordo wrote:
> On May 4, 4:13 pm, JD <[email protected]> wrote:

>>> It's funny. Get it and see it. Instant classic.
>>> You may suddenly realize silly thing people have been saying over the
>>> years are actually quotes. It's as quotable as Caddy Shack.
>>> "Now that's a real shame when folks be throwin' away a perfectly good
>>> white boy like that. "
>>> Matt

>> Savage Steve Holland is a genius. Better Off Dead and One Crazy
>> Summer were fantastic, as was Eek The Cat.
>>
>> I liked the exchange students who were always racing Lane Meyer.
>> Greg, you had better rent it this weekend and report back to us.
>>
>> "I didn't ask for a dime, I asked for two dollars"
>>
>> JD- Hide quoted text -

> Best Van Halen video too, EVAR!
>
> Watched "Grosse Point Blank" yesterday. I was working on a script for
> a high school reunion movie when that came out. That movie kicked my
> movie idea's ass so badly I've barely typed anything longer than an
> email since.

Now that's one Cusack movie that I have seen. A couple of times.

Greg

--
The ticketbastard Tax Tracker:
http://www.ticketmastersucks.org/tracker.html

Dethink to survive - Mclusky

> Don't let Greg fool you, he's a viejo.
>
> Did you have a switchblade comb too?
>
> JD

Military brat - brushcut till hippy, now back to brushcut.

On May 7, 2:36 pm, Scott Gordo <[email protected]> wrote:

> Watched "Grosse Point Blank" yesterday. I was working on a script for
> a high school reunion movie when that came out. That movie kicked my
> movie idea's ass so badly I've barely typed anything longer than an
> email since.

Always had a serious thing for Minnie Driver.

CC

On May 8, 9:33 am, Corvus Corvax <[email protected]> wrote:
> On May 7, 2:36 pm, Scott Gordo <[email protected]> wrote:
>

> > Watched "Grosse Point Blank" yesterday. I was working on a script for
> > a high school reunion movie when that came out. That movie kicked my
> > movie idea's ass so badly I've barely typed anything longer than an
> > email since.

> Always had a serious thing for Minnie Driver.
>
> CC

I saw her walking her dog a few weeks ago while on a fixed 60 miler.
She is way hotter in person.

JD can't say where