Mountain Bikes · Public discussion

OT: by request, stache b'gone

Started by Technician · · Last activity · 116 posts · 11,915 views

Thread navigation

Jump through the discussion

Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Mountain Bikes
Published
22 May 2003
Last activity
28 May 2003
Original author
Technician
Posts
116
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
11,915
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 41–60 of 116
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. "MattB" <[email hidden]> wrote in message "]news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    "Jon Bond" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    "]news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:


    <snip>

    Quoted message said:


    I'm not that abnormal lookin'!

    pbase.com16968390 (second from left)

    Of course, I had to search through about 30 pictures to find a normal looking one of myself.
    BTW, one of my friend cropped that picture to


    just

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    my face and threw it up on hotornot a while ago. I was pullin' low 9's


    for

    Quoted message said:

    a few weeks, then upper 8's when I found out about it and made him pull


    it.

    Quoted message said:


    Jon Bond

    Not too freakish. Is that your GF on the left? I'd vote for her as being


    hot

    Quoted message said:

    (or at least pretty cute). You're not really my type (too male).

    Nope, no GF at the moment. Very strange relationships, yes, but no girlfriend.

    Quoted message said:

    Matt

    PS - I think I look pretty "normal". Here's me if anyone's curious:
    mattb.netme 05 03.jpg Should I change my look? Maybe get glasses or grow a
    'stache?

    Hmm... I'd say go for the mutton chops.

    Jon Bond

  2. Quoted message said:

    PS - I think I look pretty "normal". Here's me if anyone's curious:
    mattb.netme 05 03.jpg Should I change my look? Maybe get glasses or grow a
    'stache?

    Hell, i wish i looked like that. you at least look much younger than i.

    actually, you kind of remind me of that guy in the movie Top Gun, can't remember who it was though
    (Brad Pitt?). slight resemblance anyway.
    --
    ~Travis

    travis57 at megalink dot net megalink.net~farmers

  3. In article <[email hidden]>, [email hidden] says...

    Quoted message said:
    Technician said:
    Quoted message said:

    bbauer.gomen.orgBen Me.jpg

    ok, do tell.

    Just hangin' out with my homey Ben at the Beverly Hills juice bar!

    -BB- To reply to me, drop the attitude (from my e-mail address, at least)

    sure... ;-)
    --
    ~Travis

    travis57 at megalink dot net megalink.net~farmers

  4. "Technician" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    "]news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    The stache b'gone votes won unanimously. megalink.netstache b gone.jpg

    have a good laugh, and take notice of the slight redness of razer burn (finally got the bleeding
    to stop).
    --

    Much better. Your face looks...longer. Not as 'sad' (the stache brought down the corners of your
    mouth, and ended up looking 'sad'😉

    Smaller glasses, not photogrey or tinted.

    Now...Lose that old man haicut, package it all inside of a suit, and you'll be good to go.

    Pete

  5. In article <[email hidden]>, [email hidden] says...

    Quoted message said:


    "Technician" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    "]news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    The stache b'gone votes won unanimously. megalink.netstache b gone.jpg

    have a good laugh, and take notice of the slight redness of razer burn (finally got the bleeding
    to stop).
    --

    Much better. Your face looks...longer. Not as 'sad' (the stache brought down the corners of your
    mouth, and ended up looking 'sad'😉

    Yeah, i thought so too but your the first to mention it so i always figured it was just me.

    Quoted message said:

    Smaller glasses, not photogrey or tinted.

    My father has some that have small lenses and clip around the frame sun glasses things. i may go for
    something like that, if contacts don't work out or whatever.

    Quoted message said:

    Now...Lose that old man haicut, package it all inside of a suit, and you'll be good to go.

    "Welcome to Mc Donalds, may i take your order?" "uhh, no, actually, i just need an application."
    "you want fries with that?" ;-)

    Yeah, thought i might try a few places, again. just to refresh their memory of the last time i was
    there. that and there is a Bike shop in auburn that may have a opening, have to check first.

    I know there is a opening at my local super wallies in the tire and lube section, but i don't
    approve of their filter selection so i won't even grace them with my skills (and trust me, from what
    i have seen, i would be able to run the show compared to the guys they have now). i'll check with
    the local auto parts store too. they always seem to need a parts delivery guy, and i know the
    manager (used to be my uncle, but he died of cancer). just a few places i didn't think of before due
    to centering on computer related jobs.
    --
    ~Travis

    travis57 at megalink dot net megalink.net~farmers

  6. "TacomaBoy" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    "]news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    "Technician" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    "]news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    The stache b'gone votes won unanimously. megalink.netstache b gone.jpg

    have a good laugh, and take notice of the slight redness of razer burn (finally got the bleeding
    to stop).
    --
    ~Travis

    travis57 at megalink dot net megalink.net~farmers

    Nice improvement IMO. Looks like it hurts though, its tough shaving off heavy growth, and you
    usually end up with a good rash...

    BTW, and not to nit, but ever though of contacts? I cant stand wearing glasses myself... they make
    me feel.. seperated from everything.. plus it leaves your nose open for some slick shades when
    riding 🙂 Now if only I wouldnt break my sunglasses all the time, I could get some nice Oakleys.

    I used to hear that about glasses all the time when I was working in a shop that sold Oakley, Smith,
    Dragon, Arnett, etc... Funny thing is, before I started buying high end shades, I was the same way.
    Always losing or breaking glasses. Since I started buying nice specs, I haven't lost any of them,
    and have only slightly damaged a pair. Actually, it was more that just slightly. I had been working
    on my bike in the garage and had my helmet and glasses on the floor with my now EX-girlfriend
    decided to back out of the garage and right over the top of my Oakley M frame with Strike lenses in
    High definition yellow. I threw a temper tantrum and then took the glasses to the shop and heated
    the frame back into shape, and took the lenses to the snowboard base grinder belt and created a
    custom shaped lens. Pretty cool looking actually! Now I have a pantload of nice shades and I can't
    seem to lose any of them. A lot of our customers were the same way. They took good care of their
    nicer glasses without even realizing it. Give it a try.

    Ken Juneau, AK

  7. In article <[email hidden]>, [email hidden] says...

    Quoted message said:

    C. Everett Coop

    ...searching the net... ohh, right, uh, ok then.
    --
    ~Travis

    travis57 at megalink dot net megalink.net~farmers

  8. In article <[email hidden]>, [email hidden] says...

    Quoted message said:


    Quoted message said:

    megalink.netno glasses.jpg

    Oh my G*D!!! You look almost human.... almost.

    Almost? oh [censored], were my antennae showing? nope, safe. uhh, just forget i said anything ;-)
    --
    ~Travis

    travis57 at megalink dot net megalink.net~farmers

  9. Quoted message said:

    [email hidden] says...

    Quoted message said:
    Technician said:

    > bbauer.gomen.orgBen Me.jpg

    ok, do tell.

    Just hangin' out with my homey Ben at the Beverly Hills juice bar!

    sure... ;-)

    Actually, it was more like "ran into Ben Stein in a juice bar after a sweltering day of my wife
    seeing if she would get thrown out of the stores on Rodeo Drive, and bugged him while he was waiting
    on his drink".

    Sound more plausible?

    --
    -BB- To reply to me, drop the attitude (from my e-mail address, at least)

  10. In article <[email hidden]>, [email hidden] says...

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    [email hidden] says...

    Quoted message said:

    On Thu, 22 May 2003 19:23:48 -0400, Technician wrote:
    >> bbauer.gomen.orgBen Me.jpg
    >
    > ok, do tell.

    Just hangin' out with my homey Ben at the Beverly Hills juice bar!

    sure... ;-)

    Actually, it was more like "ran into Ben Stein in a juice bar after a sweltering day of my wife
    seeing if she would get thrown out of the stores on Rodeo Drive, and bugged him while he was
    waiting on his drink".

    Sound more plausible?

    yeah, that's how i figured it went ;-)
    --
    ~Travis "my friend George W says to say hi to Ben for him"

    travis57 at megalink dot net megalink.net~farmers

  11. "BB" <[email hidden]> wrote in message "]news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:
    Jon Bond said:

    I'm not that abnormal lookin'!

    pbase.com16968390 (second from left)

    We got a lot of "normal" looking people here. I know I could blend into a crowd without anyone
    noticing (guy on right with way-too-big shirt):

    bbauer.gomen.orgBen Me.jpg

    --
    -BB- To reply to me, drop the attitude (from my e-mail address, at least)

    Who's Ben Stein?
    --
    Westie

  12. "Jon Bond" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    "]news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:


    "Slacker" <[email hidden]> wrote in message "]news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    "Spider" <[email hidden]> wrote in message


    "]news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    Technician wrote:
    > The stache b'gone votes won unanimously.
    > megalink.netstache b gone.jpg
    >
    > have a good laugh, and take notice of the slight redness of razer


    burn

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    > (finally got the bleeding to stop).

    Holy [censored]! You're a full grown adult! From reading all of your juvenile posts, I assumed you
    were in your teens.

    BWHAHAHAHAH

    -Spider

    ROTFLMAO.....I was thinking the same thing. This is what I had pictured
    physsportsmed.combotty.gif oops, I mean


    macgregoss.qld.edu.aupimples.jpg

    Quoted message said:


    Every time one of you guys post a picture of your mug it trips me out.


    Am

    Quoted message said:

    I the only normal looking dewd on this ng!?!?!?!

    Quoted message said:

    --
    Slacker

    I'm not that abnormal lookin'!

    pbase.com16968390 (second from left)

    You look like a college guy. The rest of them really are scary as [censored].

    /turtle.jpg"]http://plaza.ufl.edu/phillee/[censored]/turtle.jpg

    I look normal, don't I?

    --
    Phil, Squid-in-Training

  13. Westie said:

    Who's Ben Stein?

    A guy who had a pretty decent game show on a cable comedy channel for awhile. He's also been on some
    movies and commercials, most notably the monotone teacher on "Ferris Bueller's Day Off".

    Anyone? Anyone?

    ...oh and he also was a speechwriter for Richard Nixon and he's a damn smart guy. On his show,
    people would win $5,000 for beating him in a trivia game.

    --
    -BB- To reply to me, drop the attitude (from my e-mail address, at least)

  14. Quoted message said:

    I have to say, I do feel a bit weird giving a guy my opinion on how he should look from several
    thousand miles away. Kind of Truman


    Show-esque...

    --
    Phil, Squid-in-Training

  15. Quoted message said:

    I know there is a opening at my local super wallies in the tire and lube section, but i don't
    approve of their filter selection so i won't even grace them with my skills (and trust me, from
    what i have seen, i would be able to run the show compared to the guys they have now).

    What difference does their "filter" selection make? It's.. um.. a *job*, isn't it?

  16. "Phil, Squid-in-Training" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    "]news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:


    "Jon Bond" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    "]news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:


    "Slacker" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    "]news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    "Spider" <[email hidden]> wrote in message


    "]news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    > Technician wrote:
    > > The stache b'gone votes won unanimously.
    > > megalink.netstache b gone.jpg
    > >
    > > have a good laugh, and take notice of the slight redness of razer


    burn

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    > > (finally got the bleeding to stop).
    >
    > Holy [censored]! You're a full grown adult! From reading all of your juvenile posts, I assumed you
    > were in your teens.
    >
    > BWHAHAHAHAH
    >
    > -Spider

    ROTFLMAO.....I was thinking the same thing. This is what I had


    pictured

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    physsportsmed.combotty.gif oops, I mean



    macgregoss.qld.edu.aupimples.jpg

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:


    Every time one of you guys post a picture of your mug it trips me out.


    Am

    Quoted message said:

    I the only normal looking dewd on this ng!?!?!?!

    Quoted message said:

    --
    Slacker

    I'm not that abnormal lookin'!

    pbase.com16968390 (second from left)

    You look like a college guy. The rest of them really are scary as [censored].

    /turtle.jpg"]http://plaza.ufl.edu/phillee/[censored]/turtle.jpg

    I look normal, don't I?

    --
    Phil, Squid-in-Training

    Perfectly. But that guy's foot in the corner is freakin' the hell outta me.

    Jon Bond

  17. "Technician" <[email hidden]> wrote

    Quoted message said:


    Yeah, i thought so too but your the first to mention it so i always figured it was just me.

    Quoted message said:

    Smaller glasses, not photogrey or tinted.

    My father has some that have small lenses and clip around the frame sun glasses things. i may go
    for something like that, if contacts don't work out or whatever.

    There are new deals with magnetic clipons. Look just like regular glasses, until you need the
    sunglass thing. Seem to work better than the clip on things. I can't use them, because I *must* have
    Ti frames...🙁 According to my optometrist, I'm allergic to the Nickel in regular steel frames, and
    it screws up my skin. So...disgustingly expensive Ti or (gag) plastic.

    I tried contacts...too much hassle, and too long in the AM before I could *see*.

    Quoted message said:


    "Welcome to Mc Donalds, may i take your order?" "uhh, no, actually, i just need an application."
    "you want fries with that?" ;-)

    STOP. "Application"??? No...you are looking for a (temporary) career. Asking the counter person for
    an 'application' is for kids. Talk to the actual manager. Dazzle him.her with your new smile. Show
    off your new tie.

    Quoted message said:


    Yeah, thought i might try a few places, again. just to refresh their memory of the last time i was
    there. that and there is a Bike shop in auburn that may have a opening, have to check first.

    I know there is a opening at my local super wallies in the tire and lube section, but i don't
    approve of their filter selection so i won't even grace them with my skills (and trust me, from
    what i have seen, i would be able to run the show compared to the guys they have now).

    errr......any job....especially one above the fast food level, is better than no job.
    A) its money coming in. You won't have to beg bike parts.
    B) it's experience
    C) it's longevity. Something that other employers study very closely. "hmmm..he hasn't worked in a
    year. What's wrong with him?"

    Quoted message said:

    i'll check with the local auto parts store too. they always seem to need a parts delivery guy, and
    i know the manager (used to be my uncle, but he died of cancer).

    Again...any job is better than no job. Almost.

    Quoted message said:

    just a few places i didn't think of before due to centering on computer related jobs.

    Didn't think of? Think of *everywhere*. The auto parts place has a computerized inventory. Needing
    maintenance. If they don't, they need one. A good selection of 'free' tools might dazzle them with
    the eventual cost savings. Linux/MySQL/Apache/OpenOffice. Be creative.

    Pete

  18. "Jon Bond" <[email hidden]> wrote

    Quoted message said:


    Perfectly. But that guy's foot in the corner is freakin' the hell outta


    me.

    What do you expect? That foot is sitting next to a Mac, fer cripessake.

    Pete

  19. Technician said:

    apparently hard-tails don't drop as smoothly as a FS.

    well..... t-yeah

    Quoted message said:

    ahh well, must have built the wheel somewhat good if i only broke one spoke as opposed to a taco
    or collapsed rim.

    I suppose so/

  20. Technician said:

    I know there is a opening at my local super wallies in the tire and lube section, but i don't
    approve of their filter selection so i won't even grace them with my skills (and trust me, from
    what i have seen, i would be able to run the show compared to the guys they have now). i'll check
    with the local auto parts store too. they always seem to need a parts delivery guy, and i know the
    manager (used to be my uncle, but he died of cancer). just a few places i didn't think of before
    due to centering on computer related jobs.

    You should not turn down work even if it is "below you". right now you have no job, so ANY job is a
    step up....RIGHT?!?!?!

    Hell, I got a wall full of Degree's and professional certifications and I'm working as a fscking
    Rent-A-Cop..... You think it's easy to go from pulling in >$70K a year to making $10/Hr. to
    supliment my umemployment benefits? HELL NO..... But I'm doing it and I'm not complaining about
    it. You do what you have to, to survive.

    You should see the line of waste product that shows up at the unemployment office every week to
    "check-in" and have thier work search logs reviewed..... I got called in _once_, meanwhile all this
    waste product is called in every week.... wonder why?

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.