General fitness, health and nutrition · Public discussion

OT: Check out this Ebay auction

Started by John Hanson · · Last activity · 12 posts · 306 views

Thread navigation

Jump through the discussion

Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
General fitness, health and nutrition
Published
18 February 2005
Last activity
20 February 2005
Original author
John Hanson
Posts
12
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
306
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–12 of 12
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7135441836

  2. "John Hanson" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7135441836

    good stuff

  3. ATP* said:

    "John Hanson" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7135441836

    good stuff

    Gotta love that guy....

    I know how he feels, there's a strong smell of stupid enveloping the
    world, and common sense isn't very common any more.

    But, I wonder if he has an assistant named Pancho Sanza?

    Jeff

    --
    Jeffry Wisnia

    (W1BSV + Brass Rat '57 EE)

    "As long as there are final exams, there will be prayer in public
    schools"

  4. John Hanson said:

    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7135441836

    This does not surprise me. I had a bid down on some beautiful
    kingwood grips for my Ballester (anything but OEM-style grips are hard
    to find), and the asswipes cancelled the damn auction and suspended
    the guy's account, apparently because he was carrying firearms-related
    items. He must have appealed, because just today he was restored, but
    he isn't currently listing the grips I liked.
    --

    JMW
    http://www.rustyiron.net

  5. Jeff Wisnia <[email hidden]> wrote in news:IqKdnVqn0rV5GYvfRVn-
    [email hidden]:

    Quoted message said:
    ATP* said:

    "John Hanson" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7135441836

    good stuff

    Gotta love that guy....

    I know how he feels, there's a strong smell of stupid enveloping the
    world, and common sense isn't very common any more.

    But, I wonder if he has an assistant named Pancho Sanza?

    Jeff

    and the bid is Whaaaa? over 30 bucks for five empties?
    sheesh! I'm in the wrong business.

  6. "John Hanson" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7135441836

    That is priceless. I wonder if those folks at ebay were smart enough to
    figure it out.

    Two referenced made me laugh. One was the reference to Monty Python's dead
    parrot. The other was the remark at the end that said,
    Please note: all monies received from this sale will be used for the
    purchase of sedatives.

  7. "Jeff Wisnia" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    I know how he feels, there's a strong smell of stupid enveloping the
    world, and common sense isn't very common any more.

    But, I wonder if he has an assistant named Pancho Sanza?

    Jeff

    Isn't that the truth. I just "sold" an item on ebay that is heavy cast iron.
    The guy freaked when he got the invoice. $10 for the part and almost $60 for
    the shipping. The weight was mentioned in the auction description, plus
    there was one of the "estimate shipping" boxes there for them to input their
    zip code. Jeesh!

    Lane

  8. On Fri, 18 Feb 2005 18:57:26 -0600, granpaw <[email hidden]> wrote
    in misc.fitness.weights:

    Quoted message said:

    Jeff Wisnia <[email hidden]> wrote in news:IqKdnVqn0rV5GYvfRVn-
    [email hidden]:

    Quoted message said:
    ATP* said:

    "John Hanson" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    >http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7135441836

    good stuff

    Gotta love that guy....

    I know how he feels, there's a strong smell of stupid enveloping the
    world, and common sense isn't very common any more.

    But, I wonder if he has an assistant named Pancho Sanza?

    Jeff

    and the bid is Whaaaa? over 30 bucks for five empties?
    sheesh! I'm in the wrong business.

    I found that odd myself. Are reloading components that expensive in
    Australia these days?

  9. ATP* said:


    "John Hanson" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7135441836

    good stuff


    ROFLMAO!

    Got to love/hate Ebay and their weirdness on firearms and such.

    5 whole cases? Ive got 50 rounds of this caliber ammo in the truck,
    along with the rifle. Shrug
    Ive probably got 20 or more emptys of all types, floating around under
    the seats, in the heater vents, console, etc

    Which is one reason my truck NEVER goes to Mexico.

    Gunner

    It's better to be a red person in a blue state
    than a blue person in a red state. As a red
    person, if your blue neighbors turn into a mob
    at least you have a gun to protect yourself.
    As a blue person, your only hope is to appease
    the red mob with herbal tea and marinated tofu.

    (Phil Garding)

  10. "Lane" <lane (no spam) at copperaccents dot com> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    Isn't that the truth. I just "sold" an item on ebay that is heavy cast
    iron. The guy freaked when he got the invoice. $10 for the part and
    almost $60 for the shipping. The weight was mentioned in the auction
    description, plus there was one of the "estimate shipping" boxes there
    for them to input their zip code. Jeesh!

    Lane

    People just like to look at the pretty pictures. They don't know how to
    read or follow instructions. Remember it's not their fault that you
    didn't take the responsibility to guide them by the hand. The people of
    this world are loosing their common sense and self responsibility.

    Regards,
    Bernd

  11. "Bernd" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:


    "Lane" <lane (no spam) at copperaccents dot com> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    Isn't that the truth. I just "sold" an item on ebay that is heavy cast
    iron. The guy freaked when he got the invoice. $10 for the part and
    almost $60 for the shipping. The weight was mentioned in the auction
    description, plus there was one of the "estimate shipping" boxes there
    for them to input their zip code. Jeesh!

    Lane

    People just like to look at the pretty pictures. They don't know how to
    read or follow instructions. Remember it's not their fault that you didn't
    take the responsibility to guide them by the hand. The people of this
    world are loosing their common sense and self responsibility.

    They are also losing their ability to spell and know the meanings of words.

  12. Lee Michaels said:

    "John Hanson" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7135441836

    That is priceless. I wonder if those folks at ebay were smart enough to
    figure it out.

    Two referenced made me laugh. One was the reference to Monty Python's dead
    parrot. The other was the remark at the end that said,
    Please note: all monies received from this sale will be used for the
    purchase of sedatives.

    I liked the part where he said, "I feel better now."

    I hope he does.

    Delenn

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.