OT: Door-to-Door Religion

Florida

Guest
OmManiPadmeOmelet wrote:
> In article <[email protected]>,
> The Ranger <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> > Perhaps the more enlightened of this esteemed group would care to help
> > this heathen understand this particular group's sociopathic needs at conversion?
> > The Ranger

> Give them this next time:
> ~~ "We Are the Other People" ~~
> "Ding-dong!" goes the doorbell. Is it Avon calling? Or
> perhaps Ed McMahon with my three million dollars? No, it's
> Yahweh's Witnesses again, just wanting to have a nice little
> chat about the Bible... Boy, did they ever come to the wrong house!
>
> So we invite them in: "Enter freely and of your own will..."
> (Hey, it's Sunday morning, nothing much going on, why not
> have a little entertainment?) Diane and I amuse ourselves
> watching their expressions as they check out the living room:
> great horned owl on the back of my chair; ceremonial masks
> and medicine skulls of dragons and unicorns on the wall;
> crystals, wands, staffs, swords; lots of Goddess figures and
> several altars; boa constrictors draped in amorous embrace
> over the elkhorn; white doves sitting in the hanging planters;
> cats and weasels underfoot; iron dragon snorting steam
> atop the wood stove; posters and paintings of wizards
> and dinosaurs and witchy women, some proudly naked;
> sculptures of mythological beasties and lots more dinosaurs;
> warp six on the star-filled viewscreen of my computer; a
> five-foot model of the USS Enterprise and the skeleton of a
> plesiosaur hanging from the ceiling; very, very many books,
> most of them dealing with obviously weird subjects... To say
> nothing of the great horned owl perched on the back of my
> chair and the Unicorn grazing in the front yard. You know;
> early Adams Family decor.

-remainder snipped here but not likely to ever be forgotten-

Thanks anyway, don't believe we can use any of your undoubtedly
complex, fulfilling, and interesting cosmology/theology. But your
decor now - that makes me look at our own from a whole new
perspective...and you say this is just your living room?

In article <[email protected]>,
"Florida" <[email protected]> wrote:

> -remainder snipped here but not likely to ever be forgotten-
>
> Thanks anyway, don't believe we can use any of your undoubtedly
> complex, fulfilling, and interesting cosmology/theology. But your
> decor now - that makes me look at our own from a whole new
> perspective...and you say this is just your living room?

<lol> If you finished reading it, you'll see I gave proper credit to the
original author "Otter" of Green Egg. ;-)

I did not write this. It's stored on my hard drive......

My long term plans are to finish decorating in Southwestern, but my
bedroom has tie dyed sheets and a large black comforter, a unicorn
painting on one wall and a large purple celtic pentagram wall hanging
next to the bed.

And mexican blankets as curtains.
--
Om.