OT: Door-to-Door Religion

Discussion in 'Food and nutrition' started by Florida, Jan 23, 2006.

  1. Florida

    Florida Guest

    OmManiPadmeOmelet wrote:
    > In article <[email protected]>,
    > The Ranger <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    > > Perhaps the more enlightened of this esteemed group would care to help
    > > this heathen understand this particular group's sociopathic needs at conversion?
    > > The Ranger

    > Give them this next time:
    > ~~ "We Are the Other People" ~~
    > "Ding-dong!" goes the doorbell. Is it Avon calling? Or
    > perhaps Ed McMahon with my three million dollars? No, it's
    > Yahweh's Witnesses again, just wanting to have a nice little
    > chat about the Bible... Boy, did they ever come to the wrong house!
    >
    > So we invite them in: "Enter freely and of your own will..."
    > (Hey, it's Sunday morning, nothing much going on, why not
    > have a little entertainment?) Diane and I amuse ourselves
    > watching their expressions as they check out the living room:
    > great horned owl on the back of my chair; ceremonial masks
    > and medicine skulls of dragons and unicorns on the wall;
    > crystals, wands, staffs, swords; lots of Goddess figures and
    > several altars; boa constrictors draped in amorous embrace
    > over the elkhorn; white doves sitting in the hanging planters;
    > cats and weasels underfoot; iron dragon snorting steam
    > atop the wood stove; posters and paintings of wizards
    > and dinosaurs and witchy women, some proudly naked;
    > sculptures of mythological beasties and lots more dinosaurs;
    > warp six on the star-filled viewscreen of my computer; a
    > five-foot model of the USS Enterprise and the skeleton of a
    > plesiosaur hanging from the ceiling; very, very many books,
    > most of them dealing with obviously weird subjects... To say
    > nothing of the great horned owl perched on the back of my
    > chair and the Unicorn grazing in the front yard. You know;
    > early Adams Family decor.

    -remainder snipped here but not likely to ever be forgotten-

    Thanks anyway, don't believe we can use any of your undoubtedly
    complex, fulfilling, and interesting cosmology/theology. But your
    decor now - that makes me look at our own from a whole new
    perspective...and you say this is just your living room?

    Tags:

  2. In article <[email protected]>,
    "Florida" <[email protected]> wrote:

    > -remainder snipped here but not likely to ever be forgotten-
    >
    > Thanks anyway, don't believe we can use any of your undoubtedly
    > complex, fulfilling, and interesting cosmology/theology. But your
    > decor now - that makes me look at our own from a whole new
    > perspective...and you say this is just your living room?

    <lol> If you finished reading it, you'll see I gave proper credit to the
    original author "Otter" of Green Egg. ;-)

    I did not write this. It's stored on my hard drive......

    My long term plans are to finish decorating in Southwestern, but my
    bedroom has tie dyed sheets and a large black comforter, a unicorn
    painting on one wall and a large purple celtic pentagram wall hanging
    next to the bed.

    And mexican blankets as curtains.
    --
    Om.