OT: Johnny Carson, late-night TV legend, dead at 79

Leo Scanlon wrote:
> Johnny was the best ever at what he did. And he became absolutely
> brilliant when things threatened to go wrong. Putting an animal near
> or on him often spelled the beginning of a hilarious bit.
>
> I assume they'll be having some salutes to Johnny in the next few
> days. I can hardly wait.
>
> Leo

I'll never forget when the ring-tailed lemur pooped on his shoulder. The
look on his face was priceless! And was that a baby marmoset that climbed
up on his head and started plucking at his hair? LOL

Jill

In <[email protected]> Steve Calvin wrote:
> Ruddell wrote:

>> Carson was one of the great ones. But you must remember, Leno was
>> handpicked by Johnny and most everyone expected Letterman to be his
>> replacement. Without doubt, Carson made the right decision...
>>

> Actually, not. Carson wanted Letterman to be his replacement and lost
> which is why he wrote material for Letterman after he left and had
> nothing much to do with Leno.

I stand corrected. Always had that one mixed up. But alas, the network
made the right decision on that one as Letterman sucks.

Anyway, pass the pretzels, Coronation Street is starting...

--
Cheers

Dennis

Remove 'Elle-Kabong' to reply

Ruddell wrote:
> In <[email protected]> Steve Calvin wrote:
>
>>Ruddell wrote:

>>>Carson was one of the great ones. But you must remember, Leno was
>>>handpicked by Johnny and most everyone expected Letterman to be his
>>>replacement. Without doubt, Carson made the right decision...
>>>

>>Actually, not. Carson wanted Letterman to be his replacement and lost
>>which is why he wrote material for Letterman after he left and had
>>nothing much to do with Leno.

> I stand corrected. Always had that one mixed up. But alas, the network
> made the right decision on that one as Letterman sucks.
>
> Anyway, pass the pretzels, Coronation Street is starting...

Watched each one of them, once. They both suck.

--
Steve

Ever wonder about those people who spend $2.00 apiece on those little
bottles of Evian water? Try spelling Evian backwards...