OT: Johnny Carson, late-night TV legend, dead at 79

Discussion in 'Food and nutrition' started by Yeff, Jan 23, 2005.

  1. jmcquown

    jmcquown Guest

    Leo Scanlon wrote:
    > Johnny was the best ever at what he did. And he became absolutely
    > brilliant when things threatened to go wrong. Putting an animal near
    > or on him often spelled the beginning of a hilarious bit.
    >
    > I assume they'll be having some salutes to Johnny in the next few
    > days. I can hardly wait.
    >
    > Leo

    I'll never forget when the ring-tailed lemur pooped on his shoulder. The
    look on his face was priceless! And was that a baby marmoset that climbed
    up on his head and started plucking at his hair? LOL

    Jill

  2. Ruddell

    Ruddell Guest

    In <[email protected]> Steve Calvin wrote:
    > Ruddell wrote:

    >> Carson was one of the great ones. But you must remember, Leno was
    >> handpicked by Johnny and most everyone expected Letterman to be his
    >> replacement. Without doubt, Carson made the right decision...
    >>

    > Actually, not. Carson wanted Letterman to be his replacement and lost
    > which is why he wrote material for Letterman after he left and had
    > nothing much to do with Leno.

    I stand corrected. Always had that one mixed up. But alas, the network
    made the right decision on that one as Letterman sucks.

    Anyway, pass the pretzels, Coronation Street is starting...

    --
    Cheers

    Dennis

    Remove 'Elle-Kabong' to reply

  3. Steve Calvin

    Steve Calvin Guest

    Ruddell wrote:
    > In <[email protected]> Steve Calvin wrote:
    >
    >>Ruddell wrote:

    >>>Carson was one of the great ones. But you must remember, Leno was
    >>>handpicked by Johnny and most everyone expected Letterman to be his
    >>>replacement. Without doubt, Carson made the right decision...
    >>>

    >>Actually, not. Carson wanted Letterman to be his replacement and lost
    >>which is why he wrote material for Letterman after he left and had
    >>nothing much to do with Leno.

    > I stand corrected. Always had that one mixed up. But alas, the network
    > made the right decision on that one as Letterman sucks.
    >
    > Anyway, pass the pretzels, Coronation Street is starting...

    Watched each one of them, once. They both suck.

    --
    Steve

    Ever wonder about those people who spend $2.00 apiece on those little
    bottles of Evian water? Try spelling Evian backwards...