I've been waiting for someone to post a good slide show. Some of the
pictures are incredible, but hit the Pause button and read some of the
longer captioned pix.
http://www.kodakgallery.com/Slideshow.jsp?UV=572368945683_73114169308
--
Slack
A community for cyclists, gear, training and racing.
Mountain Bikes · Public discussion
Thread navigation
Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.
Thread details
The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.
I've been waiting for someone to post a good slide show. Some of the
pictures are incredible, but hit the Pause button and read some of the
longer captioned pix.
http://www.kodakgallery.com/Slideshow.jsp?UV=572368945683_73114169308
--
Slack
Slack said:I've been waiting for someone to post a good slide show. Some of the
pictures are incredible, but hit the Pause button and read some of the
longer captioned pix.http://www.kodakgallery.com/Slideshow.jsp?UV=572368945683_73114169308
--
Slack
Cant view. Am I the only one?
dardruba said:Slack said:I've been waiting for someone to post a good slide show. Some of the
pictures are incredible, but hit the Pause button and read some of the
longer captioned pix.http://www.kodakgallery.com/Slideshow.jsp?UV=572368945683_73114169308
--
SlackCant view. Am I the only one?
Sorry about that, I screwed up. Here's the correct link
http://www.kodakgallery.com/Slideshow.jsp?mode=fromshare&Uc=14EWB3ap.b147fdut&Uy=nyvoby&Ux=1
---
Slack
Quoted message said:Quoted message said:
Quoted message said:Sorry about that, I screwed up. Here's the correct link
http://www.kodakgallery.com/Slideshow.jsp?mode=fromshare&Uc=14EWB3ap.b147fdut&Uy=nyvoby&Ux=1
---
Slack
wow, good one!
small change said:Quoted message said:Sorry about that, I screwed up. Here's the correct link
http://www.kodakgallery.com/Slideshow.jsp?mode=fromshare&Uc=14EWB3ap.b147fdut&Uy=nyvoby&Ux=1
---
Slackwow, good one!
The pictures taken were so different than what was on TV. The news outlets
make it seem like New Orleans was going to be no longer. The pictures and
narration seem to tell a different story. And as the author said, they're
beautiful pictures, but he doesn't think so.
--
Phil, Squid-in-Training
Phil said:small change said:Quoted message said:Sorry about that, I screwed up. Here's the correct link
http://www.kodakgallery.com/Slideshow.jsp?mode=fromshare&Uc=14EWB3ap.b147fdut&Uy=nyvoby&Ux=1
---
Slackwow, good one!
The pictures taken were so different than what was on TV. The news
outlets make it seem like New Orleans was going to be no longer. The
pictures and narration seem to tell a different story. And as the
author said, they're beautiful pictures, but he doesn't think so.
I also liked the comment about how that MSNBC "reporter" was full of gumbo.
:-D
Quoted message said:Quoted message said:Quoted message said:
wow, good one!The pictures taken were so different than what was on TV. The news
outlets make it seem like New Orleans was going to be no longer. The
pictures and narration seem to tell a different story. And as the
author said, they're beautiful pictures, but he doesn't think so.I also liked the comment about how that MSNBC "reporter" was full of gumbo.
:-D
Lots of different angles, to be sure! I just read a very interesting commentary,
wirtten by two EMS convenetioneers, who were in the city and couldn't get out.
The into to the article was that they wanted to write their impressions down
before they experinced any of the media commentary. Let me see if I can find a
web version.....
http://www.inlander.com/topstory/284189484302702.php
article by two EMS workers, conventioneers, stuck in the city. Just another
take on the events.
~penny
small change said:http://www.inlander.com/topstory/284189484302702.php
article by two EMS workers, conventioneers, stuck in the city. Just another
take on the events.~penny
Pretty sad. It basically turned into the wild west: whoever had the
means/power (guns, food/water) to help themselves, did so and screw the
rest. I hate to say this, but if (I should say when) the same situation
happens here in Los Angeles, God help our law enforcement. They will be
probably some of the first to be shot.
Just goes to show us, the barbaric 3rd world oppressive [censored] aren't
just "over there," They're frig'g *here* too.
Hopefully, some of those in command during Katrina are prosecuted. Abuse
of power should be a capital offensive. The idiot that runs Fema should
be first.
--
Slack
small change said:http://www.inlander.com/topstory/284189484302702.php
article by two EMS workers, conventioneers, stuck in the city. Just
another take on the events.~penny
Then I think these people woke up and wrote down what they were dreaming.
Sounds way too far fetched to believe, even for our Southern Bubba Law
enforcement.
But then I wasn't there.....for a reason.
Gary
small change said:http://www.inlander.com/topstory/284189484302702.php
article by two EMS workers, conventioneers, stuck in the city. Just
another take on the events.~penny
Then I think these people woke up and wrote down what they were dreaming.
Sounds way too far fetched to believe, even for our Southern Bubba Law
enforcement.
But then I wasn't there.....for a reason.
Gary
Slack wrote:
Hopefully, some of those in command during Katrina are prosecuted.
Quoted message said:Abuse of power should be a capital offensive. The idiot that runs
Fema should be first.
Allowing NOLA to be built and maintained in its location was the first
serious flaw. The second was believing the army corp of engineers who
couldn't find a job in civilian life could build and maintain a safety net
around NOLA.
JMO
Gary
Slack wrote:
Hopefully, some of those in command during Katrina are prosecuted.
Quoted message said:Abuse of power should be a capital offensive. The idiot that runs
Fema should be first.
Allowing NOLA to be built and maintained in its location was the first
serious flaw. The second was believing the army corp of engineers who
couldn't find a job in civilian life could build and maintain a safety net
around NOLA.
JMO
Gary
GeeDubb said:small change said:http://www.inlander.com/topstory/284189484302702.php
article by two EMS workers, conventioneers, stuck in the city. Just
another take on the events.~penny
Then I think these people woke up and wrote down what they were
dreaming. Sounds way too far fetched to believe, even for our
Southern Bubba Law enforcement.
Yeah, I was gonna say... Guess all those images I've seen of whites saving
and comforting blacks and blacks saving and comforting whites weren't real?
Definitely an agenda behind that "account" IMO...
Per GeeDubb:
Quoted message said:Quoted message said:article by two EMS workers, conventioneers, stuck in the city. Just
another take on the events.~penny
Then I think these people woke up and wrote down what they were dreaming.
Sounds way too far fetched to believe, even for our Southern Bubba Law
enforcement.
Having spent 3 days in Fort Lauderdale the spring after the release of "Where
The Boys Are", (and having observed the so-called "riots"....) it rang
perfectly true to me.
--
PeteCresswell
Slack said:I've been waiting for someone to post a good slide show. Some of the
pictures are incredible, but hit the Pause button and read some of the
longer captioned pix.http://www.kodakgallery.com/Slideshow.jsp?UV=572368945683_73114169308
--
Slack
Unfortunately, the above link is no more, probably due to bandwidth
restrictions. Hopefully, that dude will get his stuff back on-line soon.
In the meantime, here's another link with some intense images
http://www.poynterextra.org/Katrina/gallery/
--
Slack
In article <[email hidden]>,
[email hidden] says...
Quoted message said:Pretty sad. It basically turned into the wild west: whoever had the
means/power (guns, food/water) to help themselves, did so and screw the
rest. I hate to say this, but if (I should say when) the same situation
happens here in Los Angeles, God help our law enforcement. They will be
probably some of the first to be shot.
I think that's whjy the pentagon is now pushing for relaxed rules on the
use of tactical nuclear weapons...
Chris Phillipo said:In article <[email hidden]>,
[email hidden] says...Quoted message said:Pretty sad. It basically turned into the wild west: whoever had the
means/power (guns, food/water) to help themselves, did so and screw the
rest. I hate to say this, but if (I should say when) the same situation
happens here in Los Angeles, God help our law enforcement. They will be
probably some of the first to be shot.I think that's whjy the pentagon is now pushing for relaxed rules on the
use of tactical nuclear weapons...
To kill more cops?
In article <[email hidden]>,
sdotcurry@bresnananotherdotnet says...
Quoted message said:Chris Phillipo said:In article <[email hidden]>,
[email hidden] says...Quoted message said:Pretty sad. It basically turned into the wild west: whoever had the
means/power (guns, food/water) to help themselves, did so and screw the
rest. I hate to say this, but if (I should say when) the same situation
happens here in Los Angeles, God help our law enforcement. They will be
probably some of the first to be shot.I think that's whjy the pentagon is now pushing for relaxed rules on the
use of tactical nuclear weapons...To kill more cops?
I think the plan is to let god sort them out.
"Bill Sornson" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
news:[email hidden]...
Quoted message said:GeeDubb said:small change said:http://www.inlander.com/topstory/284189484302702.php
article by two EMS workers, conventioneers, stuck in the city. Just
another take on the events.~penny
Then I think these people woke up and wrote down what they were
dreaming. Sounds way too far fetched to believe, even for our
Southern Bubba Law enforcement.Yeah, I was gonna say... Guess all those images I've seen of whites
saving and comforting blacks and blacks saving and comforting whites
weren't real?Definitely an agenda behind that "account" IMO...
Come on, you have to realize that NO is big, IOW YMMV . . . note however
that blackwater mercenaries (hired assassins employed in Iraq, their bodies
burned in effigy a major reason for the assault on Fallujah) and other
private security companies have been hired to "contain" the public, despite
the explicit denial of this by NO city officials.
Active in the last 60 minutes
0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total
No signed-in users are active right now.
No known search crawlers active right now.