OT: Mohammed Saeed al-Sahaf

"Michael Dart" <[email protected]> wrote:

>"Shaun Rimmer" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>news:[email protected]...
>>
>> http://www.welovetheiraqiinformationminister.com/
>
>Why he's not there!
>
>Mike - imagine that!

When the "minders" assigned to the foreign reporters and this guy didn't show up for work, I knew it
was all over.

I figure Letterman will be contacting "Baghdad Bob" (as MSaS has been nicknamed) for a standup spot
shortly. He's been the real comic relief throughout this whole thing.

> When the "minders" assigned to the foreign reporters and this guy didn't show up for work, I knew
> it was all over.
>
> I figure Letterman will be contacting "Baghdad Bob" (as MSaS has been nicknamed) for a standup
> spot shortly. He's been the real comic relief throughout this whole thing.
>
> Mark Hickey Habanero Cycles http://www.habcycles.com Home of the $695 ti frame

Ehehe, gotta hand it to the guy, he's either completely insane or incredibly stupid.

Getting OT from an allready OT post, Mark, would you be interested in a new website design? I'd be
willing to do it for you for a small fee.

Small Black Dog

Mark Hickey wrote:
> "Michael Dart" <[email protected]> wrote:
>

>>"Shaun Rimmer" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>>news:[email protected]...
>>
>>>http://www.welovetheiraqiinformationminister.com/
>>
>>Why he's not there!
>>
>>Mike - imagine that!
>

> When the "minders" assigned to the foreign reporters and this guy didn't show up for work, I knew
> it was all over.
>
> I figure Letterman will be contacting "Baghdad Bob" (as MSaS has been nicknamed) for a standup
> spot shortly. He's been the real comic relief throughout this whole thing.

That is one thing I can definitely agree with you on during this whole occupation. Those masters of
misinformation are hilarious, especially their 100% turnout and 100% votes for Saddam a year ago.

Greg

"G.T." <[email protected]> wrote:

>Mark Hickey wrote:

>> When the "minders" assigned to the foreign reporters and this guy didn't show up for work, I knew
>> it was all over.
>>
>> I figure Letterman will be contacting "Baghdad Bob" (as MSaS has been nicknamed) for a standup
>> spot shortly. He's been the real comic relief throughout this whole thing.
>
>That is one thing I can definitely agree with you on during this whole occupation. Those masters of
>misinformation are hilarious, especially their 100% turnout and 100% votes for Saddam a year ago.

Yeah, it does kind of make any "election trauma" in 2000 we had look a little weak by comparison,
huh? FWIW, I saw reports of Arabs in other countries amazed by the response of the Iraqi people to
their liberation from Saddam's regime. They were apparently shocked that there really WASN'T near
total support for Saddam. Go figure!

> "G.T." <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> >Mark Hickey wrote:
>
> >> When the "minders" assigned to the foreign reporters and this guy didn't show up for work, I
> >> knew it was all over.
> >>
> >> I figure Letterman will be contacting "Baghdad Bob" (as MSaS has been nicknamed) for a standup
> >> spot shortly. He's been the real comic relief throughout this whole thing.
> >
> >That is one thing I can definitely agree with you on during this whole occupation. Those
> >masters of misinformation are hilarious, especially their 100% turnout and 100% votes for
> >Saddam a year ago.
>
> Yeah, it does kind of make any "election trauma" in 2000 we had look a little weak by comparison,
> huh? FWIW, I saw reports of Arabs in other countries amazed by the response of the Iraqi people to
> their liberation from Saddam's regime. They were apparently shocked that there really WASN'T near
> total support for Saddam. Go figure!
>
> Mark Hickey Habanero Cycles http://www.habcycles.com Home of the $695 ti frame

Mark,

The Arabs in Jordan and Syria were very disallusioned by Al Jazeera and "Baghdad Bob" the
Information Minister. They believed the ****! When American Marines actually showed up in the
square and that young Marine did the "in yer face" with the American flag on the statue it was a
very shocking thing. BTW, that flag incident was intended for Baghdad Bob to essentially say,
"deny us being here now bozo". It wasn't intended to show rascally American imperialism.

Marty

Martees wrote:

BTW, that flag incident was intended
> for Baghdad Bob to essentially say, "deny us being here now bozo". It wasn't intended to show
> rascally American imperialism.
>
> Marty

curious as to your source of just what that 'flag incedent' was *meant* to do. i didn't know you
were so well informed ( considering that wasn't part of the interview with the person who did it),
or are you just reading whatever fits your world view into it?

Martees wrote:
> BTW, that flag incident was intended for Baghdad Bob to essentially say, "deny us being here now
> bozo". It wasn't intended to show rascally American imperialism.

Cool, your clairvoyant. Can you tell me how much the woman I'm about to take to dinner likes me?

Greg

"G.T." <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> Martees wrote:
> > BTW, that flag incident was intended for Baghdad Bob to essentially say, "deny us being here
> > now bozo". It wasn't intended to show rascally American imperialism.
> >

> Cool, your clairvoyant. Can you tell me how much the woman I'm about to take to dinner likes me?
>
> Greg

She likes you a lot!!! But unfortunately, she's really a HE!!!! Check that plumbing.

--
Slacker

"G.T." <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> Martees wrote:
> > BTW, that flag incident was intended for Baghdad Bob to essentially say, "deny us being here
> > now bozo". It wasn't intended to show rascally American imperialism.
> >

> Cool, your clairvoyant. Can you tell me how much the woman I'm about to take to dinner likes me?

She told me last night that she'd let you buy her lobster, and then meet me in the motel
room at 11:30.

Bill "{checking time} ooh, gotta run!" S.

Sorni wrote:
> "G.T." <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
>
>>Martees wrote:
>>
>>> BTW, that flag incident was intended for Baghdad Bob to essentially say, "deny us being here now
>>> bozo". It wasn't intended to show rascally American imperialism.
>>>

>>Cool, your clairvoyant. Can you tell me how much the woman I'm about to take to dinner likes me?
>

> She told me last night that she'd let you buy her lobster, and then meet me in the motel room
> at 11:30.
>
> Bill "{checking time} ooh, gotta run!" S.

Nah, she just left, I hope you haven't been waiting. And Slacker, the plumbing is fine, whew.

Greg

"G.T." <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> Martees wrote:
> > BTW, that flag incident was intended for Baghdad Bob to essentially say, "deny us being here
> > now bozo". It wasn't intended to show rascally American imperialism.
> >

> Cool, your clairvoyant. Can you tell me how much the woman I'm about to take to dinner likes me?
>
> Greg
>
> --
> "Destroy your safe and happy lives before it is too late, the battles we fought were long and
> hard, just not to be consumed by rock n' roll..." - The Mekons

Granted it's just what I heard from work. I didn't see an interview where the kid actually said it.
It explained to me why he stuck it on the statue's face.

I did a google on this and found you guys are right. He was carried away by the moment.My bad. I
stand corrected.

"James Connell" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> Martees wrote:
>
> BTW, that flag incident was intended
> > for Baghdad Bob to essentially say, "deny us being here now bozo". It wasn't intended to show
> > rascally American imperialism.
> >
> > Marty
>
> curious as to your source of just what that 'flag incedent' was *meant* to do. i didn't know you
> were so well informed ( considering that wasn't part of the interview with the person who did it),
> or are you just reading whatever fits your world view into it?

I was wrong about the incIdent. I was passing along something I heard and it fit with what I thought
the symbolism meant. I google'd it and found out that it wasn't part of the interview. My bad.

Now quit humping my leg.

I mean that with the utmost mtb love and respect.

Marty