Mountain Bikes · Public discussion

OT: New site for Mountainbikers

Started by MTBstuff · · Last activity · 10 posts · 655 views

Thread navigation

Jump through the discussion

Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Mountain Bikes
Published
28 February 2004
Last activity
5 March 2004
Original author
MTBstuff
Posts
10
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
655
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–10 of 10
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. Hello all,

    I've built a site for mountain bikers, like myself, intended to be informative, useful and the basis
    of a community. Hopefully, it will be. The site is called MTBstuff and can be found at
    mtbstuff.co.ukmtbstuff.co.uk.

    It has a comprehensive directory of links to hundreds of routes/trails where you can look for your
    next ride all at one place without having to trawl through hundreds of other websites as I've done.
    It also carries basic news, a forum, links, and technical info.

    It is of course completely free to use and if you would like to add links to your site, club, shop
    or organisation, then please feel free.

    Any comments and suggestions would be welcome.

    Thanks for your time. Hope you find the site useful. Kind regards Paul
    ______________
    Paul Dominguez Administrator MTBstuff mtbstuff.co.ukmtbstuff.co.uk

  2. "MTBstuff" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    "]news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    I've built a site for mountain bikers, like myself, intended to be informative, useful and the
    basis of a community. Hopefully, it will be.


    The

    Quoted message said:

    site is called MTBstuff and can be found at mtbstuff.co.ukmtbstuff.co.uk.

    Do you intend to repost this every day?

  3. "taywood" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    "]news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:


    "MTBstuff" <[email hidden]> wrote in message news:ToQ%b.3917$RB.470@newsfe2-
    gui.server.ntli.net...

    Quoted message said:

    I've built a site for mountain bikers, like myself, intended to be informative, useful and the
    basis of a community. Hopefully, it will be.


    The

    Quoted message said:

    site is called MTBstuff and can be found at mtbstuff.co.ukmtbstuff.co.uk.

    Do you intend to repost this every day?

    Er, No I don't think so. Why do you ask?

    I think the last time I posted here was back in August 03, the 2nd I think.

    Did you intend on posting pointless and unnecessary replies each and every time someone else wants
    to provide useful information?

  4. MTBstuff stood on a soapbox and shouted to anyone who would listen :

    Quoted message said:

    "taywood" <[email hidden]> wrote in message -"]news:[email hidden]-
    berlin.de...

    Quoted message said:


    "MTBstuff" <[email hidden]> wrote in message news:ToQ%b.3917$RB.470@newsfe2-
    gui.server.ntli.net...

    Quoted message said:

    I've built a site for mountain bikers, like myself, intended to be informative, useful and the
    basis of a community. Hopefully, it will be. The site is called MTBstuff and can be found at
    mtbstuff.co.ukmtbstuff.co.uk.

    Do you intend to repost this every day?

    Er, No I don't think so. Why do you ask?

    I think the last time I posted here was back in August 03, the 2nd I think.

    Did you intend on posting pointless and unnecessary replies each and every time someone else wants
    to provide useful information?

    well, you did post your announcement 2x in one day. No matter, just some suggestions... put UK in
    your site announcements. The trail information is nation specific, and it may be a good forum site
    for your region of the world someday when it grows. I couldn't see anything there that would
    interest me that I can't get somewhere else already. Also, the popup is really annoying. I think
    you'd do better trolling for traffic in the UK specific newsgroups.

    just 2¢

  5. "MTBstuff" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    "]news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    Hello all,

    I've built a site for mountain bikers, like myself, intended to be informative, useful and the
    basis of a community. Hopefully, it will be.


    The

    Quoted message said:

    site is called MTBstuff and can be found at mtbstuff.co.ukmtbstuff.co.uk.

    Hello Paul The first time you posted on 15 August 03 our JD gave his inimical response next day on
    behalf of the group.

    Since then your site may have improved, but we have so many in the UK. For my mtb news, the forum,
    the links and for tech info I use Singletrackworld and it seems pointless me looking elsewhere. TW

  6. "taywood" <[email hidden]> had this to say
    "]news:[email hidden]

    Quoted message said:


    "MTBstuff" <[email hidden]> wrote in message news:ToQ%b.3917$RB.470@newsfe2-
    gui.server.ntli.net...

    Quoted message said:

    Hello all,

    I've built a site for mountain bikers, like myself, intended to be informative, useful and the
    basis of a community. Hopefully, it will be.


    The

    Quoted message said:

    site is called MTBstuff and can be found at mtbstuff.co.ukmtbstuff.co.uk.

    Hello Paul The first time you posted on 15 August 03 our JD gave his inimical response next day on
    behalf of the group.

    BBBZZZTTT! Wrong answer. JD does not speak for me. Spam is spam, and if you need someone like JD to
    point it out for you, well, I think you get my point.

    Quoted message said:


    Since then your site may have improved, but we have so many in the UK. For my mtb news, the forum,
    the links and for tech info I use Singletrackworld and it seems pointless me looking elsewhere. TW

    See, you didn't need JD to formulate your opinion did you?

    Quoted message said:
  7. "Dave W" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    "]news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    "taywood" <[email hidden]> had this to say "]news:[email hidden]


    snip

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    Hello Paul The first time you posted on 15 August 03 our JD gave his inimical response next day
    on behalf of the group.

    BBBZZZTTT! Wrong answer. JD does not speak for me. Spam is spam, and if


    you

    Quoted message said:

    need someone like JD to point it out for you, well, I think you get my point.

    JD gave the spammer a short response. 6 months later he comes back for more, so I gave the spammer a
    more measured response, and it didnt end in OFF But if he comes back I'll wake up Rimmer. He wont
    spam us after that. TW

  8. "taywood" <[email hidden]> had this to say news:c25fjp$1pe5jt$1@ID- 131715.news.uni-berlin.de

    Quoted message said:


    "Dave W" <[email hidden]> wrote in message "]news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    "taywood" <[email hidden]> had this to say -"]news:[email hidden]-
    berlin.de


    snip

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    Hello Paul The first time you posted on 15 August 03 our JD gave his inimical response next day
    on behalf of the group.

    BBBZZZTTT! Wrong answer. JD does not speak for me. Spam is spam, and if


    you

    Quoted message said:

    need someone like JD to point it out for you, well, I think you get my point.

    JD gave the spammer a short response. 6 months later he comes back for more, so I gave the spammer
    a more measured response, and it didnt end in OFF But if he comes back I'll wake up Rimmer. He
    wont spam us after that. TW

    Tis True....

    Dave

    Quoted message said:
  9. "Dave W" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    "]news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    "taywood" <[email hidden]> had this to say news:c25fjp$1pe5jt$1@ID- 131715.news.uni-
    berlin.de

    Quoted message said:


    "Dave W" <[email hidden]> wrote in message "]news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    "taywood" <[email hidden]> had this to say -"]news:[email hidden]-
    berlin.de


    snip

    Quoted message said:

    > Hello Paul The first time you posted on 15 August 03 our JD gave his inimical response next
    > day on behalf of the group.

    BBBZZZTTT! Wrong answer. JD does not speak for me. Spam is spam, and if


    you

    Quoted message said:

    need someone like JD to point it out for you, well, I think you get my point.

    JD gave the spammer a short response. 6 months later he comes back for more, so I gave the
    spammer a more measured response, and it didnt end in OFF But if he comes back I'll wake up
    Rimmer. He wont spam us after that. TW

    Tis True....

    Dave

    Quoted message said:


    Forgive my ignorance, and firstly I apologise to those I have offended, but I thought this
    newsgroup, being about mountain biking and named mountain-bike would not necessarily object
    to someone making a post informing users of a resource, which they may, or may not find
    useful or relevant.

    The point is that the post was not "off-topic" or spam, because I'm not trying to sell anything but
    to inform people of a potentially useful place to visit. (Yes, the little banners on the site do
    provide minimal revenue to cover hosting costs etc).

    Maybe I should have worded my post in the form of a question?

    No doubt some people do actually find the site useful, but why start making insinuations at an
    innocent poster?

    Again I apologise, but I'm not too familiar with newsgroup etiquette and am not of the thinking that
    it was an offensive or pushy post. This is an open newsgroup which encourages the sharing of
    information about a specific subject area. If a resource like this were to be moderated by elitist
    power freaks (which I'm not suggesting is the case here), then its users would not be getting the
    benefit of that additional knowledge. They would need to be objective.

    I don't know why some of you enjoy wasting your time bad mouthing innocent posts because it happens
    not to suit you. If the post doesn't interest you then move on. Or is it that you are trying to
    notch up your posting count to achieve some sort of status? Whatever!

    Paul

  10. MTBstuff said:


    I don't know why some of you enjoy wasting your time bad mouthing innocent posts because it
    happens not to suit you.

    'Cause it's still SPAM. Just because you claim it isn't doesn't mean that it's not self-serving. If
    your site was any good them some of its users would be posting up here to direct others to your
    site. You are not an objective advocate for your own product, so your innocence is suspect. We don't
    know your motivation and just because you claim alturistic motivation doesn't mean jack. It's still
    self serving. Get a real objective recommendation or FO.

    Tom (dislikes spam, hates self-righteous spammers)

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.