General fitness, health and nutrition · Public discussion

OT: One Shot, One Kill

Started by John Hanson · · Last activity · 115 posts · 2,154 views

Thread navigation

Jump through the discussion

Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
General fitness, health and nutrition
Published
9 November 2005
Last activity
12 November 2005
Original author
John Hanson
Posts
115
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
2,154
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 21–40 of 115
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. "John Hanson" <[email hidden]> wrote

    Quoted message said:

    "David Cohen" <[email hidden]> wrote

    Quoted message said:

    "John Hanson" <[email hidden]> wrote

    Quoted message said:

    I had to explain to Buddy that "puppies" can't hunt deer earlier today
    while I was getting ready. He was bummed out and knew he wasn't going
    when I took the .30-06 out of the safe. But, he's happier than a lark
    with that deer in my garage now. He's been basically giving me the
    canine version of the "hell yeah!" ever since I pulled that deer out
    of the back of my pickup. He even ate a little chunk of fat from the
    abdominal area that I pulled out when cleaning her up with the garden
    hose.

    Maybe you should develop a deer hunting dog breed. Something that has a
    good
    nose for tracking, does so silently, locates the deer, and then points.

    Hmmm...cross a Dogo Argentino with a Pointer. Throw in a little Lab for
    general goofy friendliness.

    The Hanson Dogointer. AKC acceptance pending.


    We aren't allowed to use dogs to hunt deer in Minnesota. But, the
    idea intrigues me.

    I assume the regulation against using dogs is to prevent pack hunting:
    sending a bunch of Dogos, or deer-trained Coonhounds, or American Bulldogs,
    to track down, and then run down, the deer. I can understand using that
    method on predators, or dangerous game, but it would be pretty cruel on a
    deer.

    Your use of a Hanson Dogointer would be entirely different. You could
    probably defend its use, in court, when they charged you with hunting with a
    dog.

    I think it would be worth it 🙂

    David

  2. TheMrRobottow said:
    David Cohen said:

    Maybe you should develop a deer hunting dog breed. Something that has a good
    nose for tracking, does so silently, locates the deer, and then points.

    Hanscums dog would hump the deers leg, like it does to him at home
    (even Hanscum needs love too)

    This is what you sit around fantasizing about? Your parents must so proud.

  3. "MrRobottow" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    On Thu, 10 Nov 2005 03:07:49 +1000, "David" <[email hidden]>

    Quoted message said:

    It would be a welcome change from the sheep, right?

    No, dogs have worms, and trust me on this, they're no fun...

    Really? You know I am talking about a *female* dog, right?

  4. In article <[email hidden]>,

    David Cohen said:

    I assume the regulation against using dogs is to prevent pack hunting:
    sending a bunch of Dogos, or deer-trained Coonhounds, or American Bulldogs,
    to track down, and then run down, the deer. I can understand using that
    method on predators, or dangerous game, but it would be pretty cruel on a
    deer.

    Not to mention that it'd totally ruin the meat...
    Seriously. It would be very stupid for that reason alone.

    Quoted message said:


    Your use of a Hanson Dogointer would be entirely different. You could
    probably defend its use, in court, when they charged you with hunting with a
    dog.

    I think it would be worth it 🙂

    David


    --
    Om.

    "My mother never saw the irony in calling me a son-of-a-[censored]." -Jack Nicholson

  5. David Cohen said:

    Your use of a Hanson Dogointer

    That's when Hanscums 2" boner stands up?

  6. On Thu, 10 Nov 2005 03:11:14 +0800, spodosaurus

    spodosaurus@_yahoo_.com said:

    This is what you sit around fantasizing about? Your parents must so proud.

    No, actually I fantasize about you blowing his dog while he humps the
    dogs [censored] with his 2" weiner.

  7. On Thu, 10 Nov 2005 05:41:40 +1000, "David" <[email hidden]>

    Quoted message said:

    Really? You know I am talking about a *female* dog, right?

    O h sorry, I didn't know you went "straight" on me...

  8. On Thu, 10 Nov 2005 03:01:27 +0800, spodosaurus

    spodosaurus@_yahoo_.com said:

    Yeah, just one season,

    I never said that. Left alone, they'd eventually be limited by
    available food.

  9. "MrRobottow" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    On Thu, 10 Nov 2005 05:41:40 +1000, "David" <[email hidden]>

    Quoted message said:

    Really? You know I am talking about a *female* dog, right?

    O h sorry, I didn't know you went "straight" on me...

    As you get to know me better, you will soon realize that when it comes to
    bestiality, I walk the line.

  10. On Thu, 10 Nov 2005 08:02:55 +1000, "David" <[email hidden]>

    Quoted message said:

    As you get to know me better, you will soon realize that when it comes to
    bestiality, I walk the line.

    Johhny Cash did that, didn't he?

  11. "MrRobottow" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    On Thu, 10 Nov 2005 08:02:55 +1000, "David" <[email hidden]>

    Quoted message said:

    As you get to know me better, you will soon realize that when it comes to
    bestiality, I walk the line.

    Johhny Cash did that, didn't he?

    A lot of people don't know that about Cash. He not only loved animals but he
    *loved* animals

  12. On Thu, 10 Nov 2005 08:18:19 +1000, "David" <[email hidden]>

    Quoted message said:

    A lot of people don't know that about Cash. He not only loved animals but he
    *loved* animals

    Male or female?

  13. "OmManiPadmeOmelet" <[email hidden]> wrote

    Quoted message said:
    David Cohen said:

    I assume the regulation against using dogs is to prevent pack hunting:
    sending a bunch of Dogos, or deer-trained Coonhounds, or American
    Bulldogs,
    to track down, and then run down, the deer. I can understand using that
    method on predators, or dangerous game, but it would be pretty cruel on a
    deer.

    Not to mention that it'd totally ruin the meat...
    Seriously. It would be very stupid for that reason alone.

    I be confused. How would dog pack hunting ruin meat? Dogs that hunt in this
    manner either corner/tree the game, waiting for the hunter to kill it, or,
    in the example of American Bulldogs hunting wild boar, catch and hold the
    pig, but do not kill or eat it.

    'Splain yourself!

    David

  14. "David Cohen" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:


    "OmManiPadmeOmelet" <[email hidden]> wrote

    Quoted message said:
    David Cohen said:

    I assume the regulation against using dogs is to prevent pack hunting:
    sending a bunch of Dogos, or deer-trained Coonhounds, or American
    Bulldogs,
    to track down, and then run down, the deer. I can understand using that
    method on predators, or dangerous game, but it would be pretty cruel on
    a
    deer.

    Not to mention that it'd totally ruin the meat...
    Seriously. It would be very stupid for that reason alone.

    I be confused. How would dog pack hunting ruin meat? Dogs that hunt in
    this manner either corner/tree the game, waiting for the hunter to kill
    it, or, in the example of American Bulldogs hunting wild boar, catch and
    hold the pig, but do not kill or eat it.

    'Splain yourself!

    David


    I don't like your tone of voice. Om is a good friend of mine. If he says
    "the dog will ruin the meat" - I assure you that would be the case.

  15. On Thu, 10 Nov 2005 11:43:39 +1000, "David" <[email hidden]>

    Quoted message said:

    If he says
    "the dog will ruin the meat" - I assure you that would be the case.

    Uh no, the CHASE ruins the meat, not the dog.

  16. "MrRobottow" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    On Thu, 10 Nov 2005 11:43:39 +1000, "David" <[email hidden]>

    Quoted message said:

    If he says
    "the dog will ruin the meat" - I assure you that would be the case.

    Uh no, the CHASE ruins the meat, not the dog.

    You're splitting 'hares' here.

  17. On Thu, 10 Nov 2005 12:22:07 +1000, "David" <[email hidden]>

    Quoted message said:

    You're splitting 'hares' here.

    If my cat chased down the deer it'd still be spolied meat, and the dog
    wouldn't have anything to do with it.
    Oh "hares" I get it hahaha

  18. "MrRobottow" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    On Thu, 10 Nov 2005 12:22:07 +1000, "David" <[email hidden]>

    Quoted message said:

    You're splitting 'hares' here.

    If my cat chased down the deer it'd still be spolied meat, and the dog
    wouldn't have anything to do with it.
    Oh "hares" I get it hahaha

    With all due respect, however, is what you are saying that if the animal has
    a good run, the meat is not worth eating? All freaking animals run all the
    freaking time-at least every day -

  19. On Wed, 09 Nov 2005 19:00:16 GMT, "David Cohen"
    <[email hidden]> wrote in misc.fitness.weights:

    Quoted message said:


    I assume the regulation against using dogs is to prevent pack hunting:
    sending a bunch of Dogos, or deer-trained Coonhounds, or American Bulldogs,
    to track down, and then run down, the deer. I can understand using that
    method on predators, or dangerous game, but it would be pretty cruel on a
    deer.


    Not only is hunting deer with dogs illegal, it's perfectly legal to
    shoot a dog chasing a deer.

    Dogs Pursuing Big Game
    No persons may allow their dog to chase or kill big game.
    Between January 1 and July 14 a dog that is observed wounding,
    killing, or pursuing in a way that endangers big game may be killed by
    any person. A peace officer or conservation officer may kill a dog
    that endangers big game at any time of the year. The officer or person
    is not liable for damages for killing the dog.

    In Cheeseland, only a conservation officer can shoot a dog pursuing
    deer.

  20. On Wed, 09 Nov 2005 19:00:16 GMT, "David Cohen"
    <[email hidden]> wrote in misc.fitness.weights:

    Quoted message said:


    I assume the regulation against using dogs is to prevent pack hunting:
    sending a bunch of Dogos, or deer-trained Coonhounds, or American Bulldogs,
    to track down, and then run down, the deer. I can understand using that
    method on predators, or dangerous game, but it would be pretty cruel on a
    deer.


    Not only is hunting deer with dogs illegal, it's perfectly legal to
    shoot a dog chasing a deer.

    Dogs Pursuing Big Game
    No persons may allow their dog to chase or kill big game.
    Between January 1 and July 14 a dog that is observed wounding,
    killing, or pursuing in a way that endangers big game may be killed by
    any person. A peace officer or conservation officer may kill a dog
    that endangers big game at any time of the year. The officer or person
    is not liable for damages for killing the dog.

    In Cheeseland, only a conservation officer can shoot a dog pursuing
    deer.

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.