Australia and New Zealand · Public discussion
OT: The giant cats are here
Thread navigation
Jump through the discussion
Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.
Thread details
What we know about this thread
- Original section
- Australia and New Zealand
- Published
- 21 February 2006
- Last activity
- 27 February 2006
- Original author
- PiledHigher
- Posts
- 38
- Discussion status
- Public discussion
- Total views
- 1,437
- Views / 30 days
- 0
The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.
-
-
PiledHigher said:
Ecchhhh, the owner should be prosecuted for cruelty! One of my kittys, Rimmer (the Thick), was known as The 20lb Wonder of Coburg. He also thought he was a rabbit once, but that's a long story. :o
-
PiledHigher said:
The big puss lives in Qingdao in Shandong Province. Qingdao is most famous for ...........beer. Tsingtao beer is the major Chinese beer brand and is named after the city. Hmmmm, I wonder what the cats that live around the goat brewery look like?
SteveA
-
SteveA said:
The big puss lives in Qingdao in Shandong Province. Qingdao is most famous for ...........beer. Tsingtao beer is the major Chinese beer brand and is named after the city. Hmmmm, I wonder what the cats that live around the goat brewery look like?
Possible candidates:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v243/cfsmtb/flathead.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v243/cfsmtb/cat-beer-remote.jpg -
"cfsmtb" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
news:[email hidden]...Quoted message said:
SteveA said:
The big puss lives in Qingdao in Shandong Province. Qingdao is most
famous for ...........beer. Tsingtao beer is the major Chinese beer
brand and is named after the city. Hmmmm, I wonder what the cats that
live around the goat brewery look like?Possible candidates:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v243/cfsmtb/flathead.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v243/cfsmtb/cat-beer-remote.jpg--
cfsmtbteh winnah!
-
"Sir Lex" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
news:[email hidden]...Quoted message said:
PiledHigher said:
That's a big [censored].
One of my cats is 7.6kg, or ~16.5lb's, twice the size of your average
female cat... and I thought she was a fatarse.pffft.....our cat is 10kg and he is not even fat!!! He is a big rangy
ginger thing and when he decides to get up on the bed at night and stretch
out it is pretty hard to get him off!!! We always take him to the vet to
get wormed because he has to have a dog tablet due to his size and he fights
like nothing else when you try to put one down his neck!!! When I told one
vet in Brisbane this he said "it's actually pretty easy if you know what you
are doing...." two minutes later he had a few chunks taken out of his hand
and out came the chain mail glove and a leather sack with a
drawstring.......cat went in the sack with only his head poking out and then
the vet gave him the tablet. Of course I had to say "you're right.....it is
easy when you know what you are doing....bwwwaahhhhahahahaa". Thank god
some genius invented that paste stuff that you put on the back of the cat's
neck (still need a dog dosage though).Our cat has seen off quite a few dogs in his day (rotties, labradors,
staffies) but he is [censored] scared of the little 4kg or so persian cat from
next door (it aint the size of the cat in the fight!!!)Gags
-
Gags said:
"
Our cat has seen off quite a few dogs in his day (rotties, labradors,
staffies) but he is [censored] scared of the little 4kg or so persian cat from
next door (it aint the size of the cat in the fight!!!)Gags
Persian cats are evil. Blofeld's cat of choice.
F"owned by a tabby"Dutch
-
On 2006-02-21, flyingdutch (aka Bruce)
was almost, but not quite, entirely unlike tea:Quoted message said:
Gags said:
Our cat has seen off quite a few dogs in his day (rotties, labradors,
staffies) but he is [censored] scared of the little 4kg or so persian cat
from
next door (it aint the size of the cat in the fight!!!)Persian cats are evil. Blofeld's cat of choice.
I know my Persian is plotting something against me -- just that she is
very much able to hide it under her shy demeanor.<squeak!>
--
TimC
Your superior intellect is no match for our puny weapons -- Simpsons -
Gags said:
"Sir Lex" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
news:[email hidden]...Quoted message said:
PiledHigher said:
That's a big [censored].
One of my cats is 7.6kg, or ~16.5lb's, twice the size of your average
female cat... and I thought she was a fatarse.pffft.....our cat is 10kg and he is not even fat!!! He is a big rangy
ginger thing and when he decides to get up on the bed at night and stretch
out it is pretty hard to get him off!!! We always take him to the vet to
get wormed because he has to have a dog tablet due to his size and he fights
like nothing else when you try to put one down his neck!!! When I told one
vet in Brisbane this he said "it's actually pretty easy if you know what you
are doing...." two minutes later he had a few chunks taken out of his hand
and out came the chain mail glove and a leather sack with a
drawstring.......cat went in the sack with only his head poking out and then
the vet gave him the tablet. Of course I had to say "you're right.....it is
easy when you know what you are doing....bwwwaahhhhahahahaa". Thank god
some genius invented that paste stuff that you put on the back of the cat's
neck (still need a dog dosage though).Our cat has seen off quite a few dogs in his day (rotties, labradors,
staffies) but he is [censored] scared of the little 4kg or so persian cat from
next door (it aint the size of the cat in the fight!!!)Gags
Our little Grey Tabby likes dogs. She sits up on the top of our limestone fence (1.8 metres above the footpath) and brings shock and awe from the sky to dogs being walked by their owners. Four kg of hissing, spitting aggro from the heavens descending on some poor dog's head.I try to make her behave but she won't listen. One poor dog walker almost got run over by a bus when she jumped on his Akita (large Japanese fighting dog) and the dog dragged him out into traffic on our road. I apologised to him for my cat scaring his dog.
When I was putting the bins out at midnight last week, a woman came past with her 2 Rotties off their leads. The grey cat was supervising the bin work. I must have looked apprehensive because she said "Don't worry, they won't hurt you". Before I could tell her that I was more worried about her dogs being attacked by the cat, out of the sky came.......meowww...hisss...rip. The dogs took off down the road with their owner in pursuit.
And when I left home this morning, the little grey tabby cat was curled up asleep at the end of my youngest daughter's bed.
SteveA
-
On 2006-02-22, SteveA (aka Bruce)
was almost, but not quite, entirely unlike tea:Quoted message said:
Our little Grey Tabby likes dogs. She sits up on the top of our
limestone fence (1.8 metres above the footpath) and brings shock and
awe from the sky to dogs being walked by their owners. Four kg of
hissing, spitting aggro from the heavens descending on some poor dog's
head.I try to make her behave but she won't listen. One poor dog walker
almost got run over by a bus when she jumped on his Akita (large
Japanese fighting dog) and the dog dragged him out into traffic on our
road. I apologised to him for my cat scaring his dog.When I was putting the bins out at midnight last week, a woman came
past with her 2 Rotties off their leads. The grey cat was supervising
the bin work. I must have looked apprehensive because she said "Don't
worry, they won't hurt you". Before I could tell her that I was more
worried about her dogs being attacked by the cat, out of the sky
came.......meowww...hisss...rip. The dogs took off down the road with
their owner in pursuit.And when I left home this morning, the little grey tabby cat was curled
up asleep at the end of my youngest daughter's bed.Stories like this always warm my heart.
Skitch kitty! Get the puppy dawg! Geddim! HAW HAW!
I wish I was around when our tamed stray cat (~15 years old at the
time?) sent that white labradore home red and white. Sucker.--
TimC
#define FUZZ 0.0001 /*author: Marc Goodman in ARK*/
float BogoSqrt(float in) { float out;
do { out=(rand()/(float)0x7fff)-0x8000;
} while((out*out)<in-FUZZ || (out*out)>in+FUZZ); return(out); } -
SteveA said:
When I was putting the bins out at midnight last week, a woman came
past with her 2 Rotties off their leads.Shame the cat didn't get her too then, silly cow. Rottweilers (and all dogs
for that matter) should be kept on leads when out for a walk unless you're
away off in a park or beach somewhere.Graeme
-
TimC said:
On 2006-02-22, SteveA (aka Bruce)
was almost, but not quite, entirely unlike tea:Quoted message said:
Our little Grey Tabby likes dogs. She sits up on the top of our
limestone fence (1.8 metres above the footpath) and brings shock and
awe from the sky to dogs being walked by their owners. Four kg of
hissing, spitting aggro from the heavens descending on some poor dog's
head.I try to make her behave but she won't listen. One poor dog walker
almost got run over by a bus when she jumped on his Akita (large
Japanese fighting dog) and the dog dragged him out into traffic on our
road. I apologised to him for my cat scaring his dog.When I was putting the bins out at midnight last week, a woman came
past with her 2 Rotties off their leads. The grey cat was supervising
the bin work. I must have looked apprehensive because she said "Don't
worry, they won't hurt you". Before I could tell her that I was more
worried about her dogs being attacked by the cat, out of the sky
came.......meowww...hisss...rip. The dogs took off down the road with
their owner in pursuit.And when I left home this morning, the little grey tabby cat was curled
up asleep at the end of my youngest daughter's bed.Stories like this always warm my heart.
Skitch kitty! Get the puppy dawg! Geddim! HAW HAW!
I wish I was around when our tamed stray cat (~15 years old at the
time?) sent that white labradore home red and white. Sucker.--
TimC
#define FUZZ 0.0001 /*author: Marc Goodman in ARK*/
float BogoSqrt(float in) { float out;
do { out=(rand()/(float)0x7fff)-0x8000;
} while((out*out)<in-FUZZ || (out*out)>in+FUZZ); return(out); }Bloke walking a 40kg Japanese fighting dog. Dog has a wide studded leather collar attached to a heavy duty lead. Man and dog both trying to look tough. Little grey kitty scares dog and it runs away. Was I wrong to say "sorry mate, I hope my cat didn't scare your dog too much"?
Of course, if this escalates, I will be needing to acquire a tiger.
SteveA
-
Graeme Dods said:
SteveA wrote:
Quoted message said:
Quoted message said:
When I was putting the bins out at midnight last week, a woman came
past with her 2 Rotties off their leads.Quoted message said:
Shame the cat didn't get her too then, silly cow. Rottweilers (and
all dogs for that matter) should be kept on leads when out for a walk
unless you're away off in a park or beach somewhere.Sounds like someone's cat should be too.
There's nothing in cat behaviour that can't be remedied with a shotgun.
Theo
-
Theo Bekkers said:
There's nothing in cat behaviour that can't be remedied with a shotgun.
Swap "cat" for "whatever life form you're currently annoyed at" and you've
got a wonderfully flexible catch-all sentence 🙂Graeme
-
Theo Bekkers said:
Graeme Dods said:
SteveA wrote:
Quoted message said:
Quoted message said:
When I was putting the bins out at midnight last week, a woman came
past with her 2 Rotties off their leads.Quoted message said:
Shame the cat didn't get her too then, silly cow. Rottweilers (and
all dogs for that matter) should be kept on leads when out for a walk
unless you're away off in a park or beach somewhere.Sounds like someone's cat should be too.
There's nothing in cat behaviour that can't be remedied with a shotgun.
Theo
See, I think that's one for the quote file, but I'm not so sure TimC
would agree...Tam
-
Graeme Dods said:
Theo Bekkers wrote:
Quoted message said:
Quoted message said:
There's nothing in cat behaviour that can't be remedied with a
shotgun.Quoted message said:
Swap "cat" for "whatever life form you're currently annoyed at" and
you've got a wonderfully flexible catch-all sentence 🙂There's nothing in John Howard's behaviour ......... except that then we'll
have Peter "Smilie" Costello as PM
<shudder>Theo
-
Theo Bekkers said:
There's nothing in John Howard's behaviour ......... except that then we'll
have Peter "Smilie" Costello as PMIs that a smile? I thought he was adjusting his false teeth.
-
Theo Bekkers said:
There's nothing in John Howard's behaviour ......... except that then we'll
have Peter "Smilie" Costello as PM
<shudder>Sedition!!!!
-
Graeme Dods said:
Theo Bekkers wrote:
Quoted message said:
Quoted message said:
There's nothing in John Howard's behaviour ......... except that
then we'll have Peter "Smilie" Costello as PMQuoted message said:
Is that a smile? I thought he was adjusting his false teeth.
His teeth are false too? To be expected I suppose.
Theo
-
On 2006-02-23, Tamyka Bell (aka Bruce)
was almost, but not quite, entirely unlike tea:Quoted message said:
Theo Bekkers said:
Sounds like someone's cat should be too.
There's nothing in dog behaviour that can't be remedied with a shotgun.
See, I think that's one for the quote file, but I'm not so sure TimC
would agree...After IFHPFH, there is 🙂
--
TimC
Conclusion to my thesis -- "It is trivial to show that it is
clearly obvious that this is not woofly."
Active in the last 60 minutes
Active in this thread
0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total
No signed-in users are active right now.
No known search crawlers active right now.