Hi, sorry for the delay in replying.
Mark Thompson wrote on 29/04/2007 19:09:
Quoted message said:Quoted message said:Did you say you worked at the Manchester Edinburgh bicycle co-op? I
had an invite through the door today inviting me to your opening next
week... are you open yet, or not?!Yep, opened a while ago, although we opened secretly. There was the Secret
Opening on a Wednesday a month or so ago, the Unofficial Publicised Opening
the next day, then there's the Official Opening next week. The idea being
that as almost all the staff are pretty much learning on the job it was
best to open slowly, if you see what I mean.
Ah, I see - that makes sense. Hope it goes well today - I might be able
to pop in but it's a little out of my way today.
Quoted message said:Mailshots were sent out to people, with those living closest to the store
being told first. There is 20% off everything until the end of May, but
the vouchers are 'running out' (which is another way of saying Head Office
have realised that 20% is a little too generous). I'll keep a stash for
those customers willing to give backhanders.
<grin>
When I first found out about the Manchster store opening on the website
it said to email <an address> for a 20% voucher. Nothing arrived for
quite a while. I emailed again in early April in case my email had been
mislad; nothing again. I've since had a catalogue through the post and
this invite, but still nothing about the vouchers - I must admit that by
not hearing anything (not even an apology!) regarding the vouchers the
company was going down in my estimation before it'd even started,
because it just seemed like an address-harvesting exercise if they were
just going to send out catalogues rather than honour the voucher requests.
Anyway, thanks for the info - it's useful to know you're there... I just
wonder whether the area can sustain another bike shop, but obviously
people reckon it can. I suppose that's a good thing :-)
Regards
Peter
--
http://www.scandrett.net/lx/
http://www.scandrett.net/bike/