General fitness, health and nutrition · Public discussion

Pantry Pest Trap - thanks

Started by Dee Dee · · Last activity · 8 posts · 145 views

Thread navigation

Jump through the discussion

Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
General fitness, health and nutrition
Published
4 August 2007
Last activity
8 August 2007
Original author
Dee Dee
Posts
8
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
145
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–8 of 8
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. After the postings about moths, and never have had any, but seen dear
    m-i-l's moths, I decided I'd better take a bit of a precaution as I have
    some buckets of pasta, rice and flour on a floor. I bought some today.

    My flour is probably not in the best place, http://tinypic.com/67d3fcw.jpg
    Underneath the floor is a crawlspace.
    I think I'll put one to the right and/or left of the buckets on the floor.
    Does that look like the reasonable thing to do?
    Dee Dee

  2. Dee Dee said:

    After the postings about moths, and never have had any, but seen dear
    m-i-l's moths, I decided I'd better take a bit of a precaution as I have
    some buckets of pasta, rice and flour on a floor. I bought some today.

    My flour is probably not in the best place, http://tinypic.com/67d3fcw.jpg
    Underneath the floor is a crawlspace.
    I think I'll put one to the right and/or left of the buckets on the floor.
    Does that look like the reasonable thing to do?
    Dee Dee

    You seem to have everything sealed up pretty well, so even if one bucket
    became infested (or if there were insect eggs in it when you bought it -
    I suspect corn meal has that problem) the problem shouldn't spread.

    I have a similarly disgusting problem here. My job was relocated to
    another city, so for temporary housing I purchased an older mobile-home
    in one of the better parks in the area. The previous owner was a
    cat-owner, and not into cleanliness, but I didn't discover that until
    the sale was complete. The seller left no forwarding address.
    I may have to rip out a lot of carpet, just to be able to taste my food
    without the faint, lingering taint of cat-urine odor...
    The smell is even in the refrigerator!

  3. "none" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:
    Dee Dee said:

    After the postings about moths, and never have had any, but seen dear
    m-i-l's moths, I decided I'd better take a bit of a precaution as I have
    some buckets of pasta, rice and flour on a floor. I bought some today.

    My flour is probably not in the best place,
    http://tinypic.com/67d3fcw.jpg Underneath the floor is a crawlspace.
    I think I'll put one to the right and/or left of the buckets on the
    floor. Does that look like the reasonable thing to do?
    Dee Dee

    You seem to have everything sealed up pretty well, so even if one bucket
    became infested (or if there were insect eggs in it when you bought it - I
    suspect corn meal has that problem) the problem shouldn't spread.

    I have a similarly disgusting problem here. My job was relocated to
    another city, so for temporary housing I purchased an older mobile-home in
    one of the better parks in the area. The previous owner was a cat-owner,
    and not into cleanliness, but I didn't discover that until the sale was
    complete. The seller left no forwarding address.
    I may have to rip out a lot of carpet, just to be able to taste my food
    without the faint, lingering taint of cat-urine odor...
    The smell is even in the refrigerator!

    ewwwwwwwwwwww that really *is* a problem🙁

  4. In article <[email hidden]>,

    Ophelia said:

    "none" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:
    Dee Dee said:

    After the postings about moths, and never have had any, but seen dear
    m-i-l's moths, I decided I'd better take a bit of a precaution as I have
    some buckets of pasta, rice and flour on a floor. I bought some today.

    My flour is probably not in the best place,
    http://tinypic.com/67d3fcw.jpg Underneath the floor is a crawlspace.
    I think I'll put one to the right and/or left of the buckets on the
    floor. Does that look like the reasonable thing to do?
    Dee Dee

    You seem to have everything sealed up pretty well, so even if one bucket
    became infested (or if there were insect eggs in it when you bought it - I
    suspect corn meal has that problem) the problem shouldn't spread.

    I have a similarly disgusting problem here. My job was relocated to
    another city, so for temporary housing I purchased an older mobile-home in
    one of the better parks in the area. The previous owner was a cat-owner,
    and not into cleanliness, but I didn't discover that until the sale was
    complete. The seller left no forwarding address.
    I may have to rip out a lot of carpet, just to be able to taste my food
    without the faint, lingering taint of cat-urine odor...
    The smell is even in the refrigerator!

    ewwwwwwwwwwww that really *is* a problem🙁

    Anyone that has pets should not have wall to wall carpeting. Works well
    for me. I have all linoleum tile and sealed plastic base boards.

    Best way to eliminate cat urine is plain white vinegar.
    Sometimes they aim their butts backwards off the edge of the litter
    boxes. <sigh>

    Cleanliness takes care of the issue.
    --
    Peace, Om

    Remove _ to validate e-mails.

    "My mother never saw the irony in calling me a Son of a [censored]" -- Jack Nicholson

  5. Omelet said:


    Cleanliness takes care of the issue.

    Yesh, those panty pests are awful. heheh

    Sheldon

  6. "none" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:
    Dee Dee said:

    After the postings about moths, and never have had any, but seen dear
    m-i-l's moths, I decided I'd better take a bit of a precaution as I have
    some buckets of pasta, rice and flour on a floor. I bought some today.

    My flour is probably not in the best place,
    http://tinypic.com/67d3fcw.jpg Underneath the floor is a crawlspace.
    I think I'll put one to the right and/or left of the buckets on the
    floor. Does that look like the reasonable thing to do?
    Dee Dee

    You seem to have everything sealed up pretty well, so even if one bucket
    became infested (or if there were insect eggs in it when you bought it - I
    suspect corn meal has that problem) the problem shouldn't spread.

    I have a similarly disgusting problem here. My job was relocated to
    another city, so for temporary housing I purchased an older mobile-home in
    one of the better parks in the area. The previous owner was a cat-owner,
    and not into cleanliness, but I didn't discover that until the sale was
    complete. The seller left no forwarding address.
    I may have to rip out a lot of carpet, just to be able to taste my food
    without the faint, lingering taint of cat-urine odor...
    The smell is even in the refrigerator!

    I can't tell you all the problems we had with our house we bought some years
    ago and are still living in now. It was so infested with fleas in the
    carpet (we did not see these until we started ripping out the carpets) that
    we had to keep buckets of water and duct tape handy to rip them off our
    legs. We had to have exterminators in at least 3x before we could get rid
    of them.

    The cats had urinated along three bedroom walls and we had to rip out the
    flooring and subfloring and have it replaced before we could move in.
    Luckily we had an RV that we stayed in. It took us from July until October
    to get this home in shape. A very nice home, too; we completely missed
    it --

    You have my pity!

    Dee Dee

  7. Dee Dee said:

    The cats had urinated along three bedroom walls and we had to rip out the
    flooring and subfloring and have it replaced before we could move in.
    Luckily we had an RV that we stayed in. It took us from July until October
    to get this home in shape. A very nice home, too; we completely missed
    it --

    I just wish I could stop reading this thread's Subject header, when I'm
    scanning through the articles list, as Panty Pest Trap...

    --
    Blinky RLU 297263
    Killing all posts from Google Groups.
    Except in Thunderbird, which can't filter that well.
    The Usenet Improvement Project: http://blinkynet.net/comp/uip5.html

  8. Dee Dee said:

    "none" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:
    Dee Dee said:

    After the postings about moths, and never have had any, but seen dear
    m-i-l's moths, I decided I'd better take a bit of a precaution as I have
    some buckets of pasta, rice and flour on a floor. I bought some today.

    My flour is probably not in the best place,
    http://tinypic.com/67d3fcw.jpg Underneath the floor is a crawlspace.
    I think I'll put one to the right and/or left of the buckets on the
    floor. Does that look like the reasonable thing to do?
    Dee Dee


    You seem to have everything sealed up pretty well, so even if one bucket
    became infested (or if there were insect eggs in it when you bought it - I
    suspect corn meal has that problem) the problem shouldn't spread.

    I have a similarly disgusting problem here. My job was relocated to
    another city, so for temporary housing I purchased an older mobile-home in
    one of the better parks in the area. The previous owner was a cat-owner,
    and not into cleanliness, but I didn't discover that until the sale was
    complete. The seller left no forwarding address.
    I may have to rip out a lot of carpet, just to be able to taste my food
    without the faint, lingering taint of cat-urine odor...
    The smell is even in the refrigerator!

    I can't tell you all the problems we had with our house we bought some years
    ago and are still living in now. It was so infested with fleas in the
    carpet (we did not see these until we started ripping out the carpets) that
    we had to keep buckets of water and duct tape handy to rip them off our
    legs. We had to have exterminators in at least 3x before we could get rid
    of them.

    The cats had urinated along three bedroom walls and we had to rip out the
    flooring and subfloring and have it replaced before we could move in.
    Luckily we had an RV that we stayed in. It took us from July until October
    to get this home in shape. A very nice home, too; we completely missed
    it --

    You have my pity!

    Dee Dee


    I haven't had many opportunities to visit this group, so my belated
    thanks for your sympathy and advice. I've ripped out the carpeting and
    painted the floor with sealer today, as none of the miracle products on
    the market were effective. I'll slap down another coat of sealer, finish
    painting the walls, and then call a carpet dealer. The smell may be
    fading, or my senses could be so overwhelmed that I can no longer
    properly savor the bouquet.
    Thanks again, all! I'd make this on-topic by mentioning food, but oddly
    enough, I've been living on grocery-store deli stuff for several days.
    Albertson's "Ginger chicken and broccoli salad" is pretty good with a
    tomato from the garden chopped up in it...

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.