Paris: Nude Cyclist Demonstration Tomorrow

Artemisia

Guest
Paris cyclists are holding a political demonstration in the buff
tomorrow to sensitize public opinion about the vulnerability of
cyclists in traffic and protest against oil dependency.

I won't be joining them - much as I uphold their cause, my
participation would do them more harm than good.

Apparently this is a yearly and worldwide event. London cyclists have
their naked day next week, June 14th.

I suppose you all knew that, but I didn't. Apologies if this has
already been posted.

More info at:

http://www.lefigaro.fr/actualite-fr...RTWWW00503-nus-et-fragiles-dans-le-trafic.php
(in French)

http://www.worldnakedbikeride.org/

http://nakedwiki.org/

http://upcoming.yahoo.com/event/64982/

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_Naked_Bike_Ride

EFR
Ile de France

Quoting Artemisia <[email protected]>:
>Apparently this is a yearly and worldwide event. London cyclists have
>their naked day next week, June 14th.
>I suppose you all knew that, but I didn't. Apologies if this has
>already been posted.

It has been mentioned before, but a reminder close to the event doesn't
hurt - I expect I'll see some urc types in dangly mode next weekend...
Today is First Leicesterday, June.

David Damerell wrote:
> Quoting Artemisia <[email protected]>:
>> Apparently this is a yearly and worldwide event. London cyclists have
>> their naked day next week, June 14th.
>> I suppose you all knew that, but I didn't. Apologies if this has
>> already been posted.

> It has been mentioned before, but a reminder close to the event doesn't
> hurt - I expect I'll see some urc types in dangly mode next weekend...

Yes those photos are one of the endearing things about this group. I
just can't imagine posters from some of the other groups doing it.

Even if you're not planning on participating, perhaps you could
spectate and post a report, maybe upload a few pictures.

Artemisia wrote:
> Paris cyclists are holding a political demonstration in the buff
> tomorrow to sensitize public opinion about the vulnerability of
> cyclists in traffic and protest against oil dependency.
>
> I won't be joining them - much as I uphold their cause, my
> participation would do them more harm than good.
>
> Apparently this is a yearly and worldwide event. London cyclists have
> their naked day next week, June 14th.
>
> I suppose you all knew that, but I didn't. Apologies if this has
> already been posted.
>
> More info at:
>
> http://www.lefigaro.fr/actualite-fr...RTWWW00503-nus-et-fragiles-dans-le-trafic.php
> (in French)
>
> http://www.worldnakedbikeride.org/
>
> http://nakedwiki.org/
>
> http://upcoming.yahoo.com/event/64982/
>
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_Naked_Bike_Ride
>

> EFR
> Ile de France

It's what the French do best. so good on them and good luck to them.

But I'm just waiting for condemnations of the "offensive" and
"insulting" behaviour from those who were so outraged by the fact that a
car *passenger* apparently mooned a speed camera a few weeks ago. After
all, there will be many people to be offended and insulted, and at far
closer quarters, not just a bureaucrat who may or may not be looking
through the pictures.

From the London Ride's wiki

http://nakedwiki.org/wiki/London#Objectives_and_demands

Objectives
* Demonstrate the vulnerability of cyclists on city streets

Demands
o Cycle-only zones in cities
o Separate 2-way cycle lanes

Sorry not for me.

(And with my body its probably just as well).

--
Andy Morris

AndyAtjinkasDotfreeserve.co.uk

Quoting Andy Morris <[email protected]>:
>From the London Ride's wiki
>http://nakedwiki.org/wiki/London#Objectives_and_demands
>Objectives
> * Demonstrate the vulnerability of cyclists on city streets
>Demands
> o Cycle-only zones in cities

I think the idea is to take the streets back from the cagers, not to
establish more bicycle ghettos. I might be overoptimistic, though.

>(And with my body its probably just as well).

Part of the point is that the sight of normal people naked is not really
that shocking.
Today is First Chedday, June - a public holiday.

David Damerell wrote:
> Quoting Andy Morris <[email protected]>:
>>From the London Ride's wiki
>> http://nakedwiki.org/wiki/London#Objectives_and_demands
>> Objectives
>> * Demonstrate the vulnerability of cyclists on city streets
>> Demands
>> o Cycle-only zones in cities

> I think the idea is to take the streets back from the cagers, not to
> establish more bicycle ghettos. I might be overoptimistic, though.

I tried put my point on their website and promptly got banned (first
time I've got banned from anywhere on the interfleb)

http://nakedwiki.org/index.php?title=Talk:London&diff=11613&oldid=10327

perhaps I should of put an <Irony> tag in there.

29 years a vehicular cyclist.