Pashley, Charleston and di Blasi 32

Brian Millson

Guest
Although none of these are recumbents I thought the members of this
newsgroup might have some knowledge on these trikes.

Finally di Blasi has come out with its R32 Folding Trike which will be

available in about a week.

http://www.diblasi.it/Folding_Tricycles.asp?Prd=R32&Pag=Prodotto

But I am not sure whether the Pashley Tri-1 (folding) would be better?

http://www.pashley.co.uk/products/contemporary/tri_1/features.html

Or perhaps this one, it certainly is cheaper.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=97029&item=71667883
21&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW

Any advice or opinions on any or all of these trikes would be greatly
appreciated.

Brian Millson

On 07/05/2005 15:51:41 Brian Millson <[email protected]> wrote:

> Although none of these are recumbents I thought the members of this
> newsgroup might have some knowledge on these trikes.

> Finally di Blasi has come out with its R32 Folding Trike which will be

> available in about a week.

> http://www.diblasi.it/Folding_Tricycles.asp?Prd=R32&Pag=Prodotto

> But I am not sure whether the Pashley Tri-1 (folding) would be better?

> http://www.pashley.co.uk/products/contemporary/tri_1/features.html

> Or perhaps this one, it certainly is cheaper.

>http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=97029&itemq667883
> 21&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW

> Any advice or opinions on any or all of these trikes would be greatly
> appreciated.

The Di Blasi is available now, looks quite neat, folds down very small,
we are adding it to our range of trikes, the Pashley is a good trike to
but does not fold as much.
--

Buck

I would rather be out on my Catrike

http://www.catrike.co.uk

"Brian Millson" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:BEF06B1D.4860%[email protected]...
> Although none of these are recumbents I thought the members of this
> newsgroup might have some knowledge on these trikes.
>
> Finally di Blasi has come out with its R32 Folding Trike which will be
> But I am not sure whether the Pashley Tri-1 (folding) would be better?

Wow! All of the instability (at high speeds that is) of a trike without the
comfort of being a recumbent.

What I'd love to have is something like the Greenspeed GT3 that folds into a
"Roll-aboard" type luggage so that it could travel or be easily taken on a
train. The GT3 is still a bit to much of a pain to fold/unfold to use it as
a commuter where there is a train ride in the middle of the commute.

I take your points Jeff, but my back problem makes a recumbent difficult to
use (the position would be very uncomfortable) while an upright trike does
not have this problem. I mainly want it for cycling with my wife and
daughters and I think the upright is a bit more sociable! I plan to use it
along cycling paths in Germany and Holland, so speed is not of the essence.

Brian