Pasta sauces

Daisy

Guest
I am very partial to creamy pasta sauces, and would like a
recipe please that uses cream and/or sour cream.

I have one that is part of a seafood pasta dish - and this
is quite a rich sauce that uses butter, white wine, garlic
and cream!

It is really lovely, but I would like other variations if
someone is experienced with this type of sauce. I would like
to use the sauce with penne and/or fusili pasta rather than
spaghetti or linguini.

Thanks.

Daisy

Daisy wrote:
> I am very partial to creamy pasta sauces, and would like a
> recipe please that uses cream and/or sour cream.

Fettucine with Cream Sauce

1 serving fettucine
1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
2/4 cup finely grated parmesan cheese 1 tsp salt 1 tsp black
pepper 1 tsp nutmeg 1 tsp finely chopped basil leaves
(optional) 1 tsp crushed red pepper (optional)

3. Pour the whipping cream into a saute pan on medium heat.
Do not stir or shake it. When it forms a skin on top, it
is ready to add the other ingredients.

4. Add the cheese and spices. Stir or flip it until the
cheese melts. Add the fettucine.

5. Continue flipping the pan until the cream mixture
thickens and does not flow down when you tilt the pan.
Move it to a plate and serve.

--
John Gaughan http://www.johngaughan.net/
[email protected]

In article <[email protected]>,
Daisy <[email protected]> wrote:

> I am very partial to creamy pasta sauces, and would like a
> recipe please that uses cream and/or sour cream.
>
> I have one that is part of a seafood pasta dish - and this
> is quite a rich sauce that uses butter, white wine, garlic
> and cream!
>
> It is really lovely, but I would like other variations if
> someone is experienced with this type of sauce. I would
> like to use the sauce with penne and/or fusili pasta
> rather than spaghetti or linguini.

Here's our reconstruction of a sauce Friend Wife and the
Dotty Daughter had on the East Coast.

For a nice dinner, put a serving of spaghetti in a bowl,
cover with the sauce, and place a piece or two of breaded
and fried veal on top, with another dollop of the sauce on
top of that. Chicken breast works, too. In fact, that's the
only way we serve this particular sauce.

Creamy Tomato Sauce

2 tablespoons olive oil 2 cloves garlic minced 2 shallots
very fine dice 1 28 oz. can italian tomatoes chopped
1/2 cup whipping cream salt and pepper to taste
2/4 tsp dried thyme

Heat oil in a skillet over medium heat until hot; add garlic
and shallots. Cook 5 minutes, whisking constantly.

Add juice from tomatoes; simmer until somewhat reduced,
stirring occasionally. Add tomatoes, and simmer a further
15-20 minutes, until reduced and no longer ****. Pour into
tall narrow container, and puree until smooth, using stick
blender. Stir in whipping cream; simmer, stirring
constantly, until slightly thickened.

have you tried using frozen cubes of spinach? i make it from time to time
either with diced turkey or prawns
http://community.webshots.com/photo/124209538/124210907RtfInA
for sour cream i use A LOT of garlic and minced coriander [actually this
comes from a little mexican cook book i used to own]. i like eating this
one with baguette, but pasta is also nice. [just had it last night :]

Hoi Daisy,

A very simply but delicious sauce that I make is pesto
with cream.

In a large fry pan heat up cream and as much pesto as you
like 2 -3 Tablespoons once it get warm add cooked pasta &
mix well then top it of with grated parmesan cheese.

Take care, SPOONS My photo food log
http://www.fotolog.net/giggles

"Daisy" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> I am very partial to creamy pasta sauces, and would like a
> recipe please that uses cream and/or sour cream.
>
> I have one that is part of a seafood pasta dish - and this
> is quite a rich sauce that uses butter, white wine, garlic
> and cream!
>
> It is really lovely, but I would like other variations if
> someone is experienced with this type of sauce. I would
> like to use the sauce with penne and/or fusili pasta
> rather than spaghetti or linguini.
>
> Thanks.
>

> Daisy

ANGEL HAIR PASTA AND SHRIMP 2 tbsp. butter 2 tbsp.
vegetable oil 12 oz. med. size shrimp (peeled and deveined)
2 lg. cloves of garlic (crushed) Half of a 16 oz. pkg.
vermicelli pasta
3/4 c. heavy cream
4/2 c. dry white wine 1 c. frozen peas, thawed
5/4 c. chopped fresh parsley
6/4 c. grated Parmesan cheese (optional)
7/2 tsp. dried basil leaves
8/2 tsp. crushed hot red pepper

In a deep 4 quart saucepan over high heat, bring 2 quarts
of water to a boil. Meanwhile, in a deep 12 inch skillet
over medium high heat, heat butter and oil, add shrimp and
garlic; cook for about 6 minutes. Stirring frequently until
shrimp are just pink. Using a slotted spoon, remove shrimp
and place in a bowl. Add vermicelli to boiling water; cook
about 5 minutes, stirring frequently until tender.
Meanwhile, add cream to the skillet along with wine, peas,
parsley, 3/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese, basil, and crushed
red pepper; bring to a boil over medium high heat. Reduce
heat to low; simmer 5 minutes, stirring occasionally until
flavors are blended. Drain pasta; add to mixture in skillet
along with cooked shrimp; stir until well mixed and heated.
Serve immediately,

Note I don't like parmesan cheese on seafood. ergo -
optional

Next

1 lb. fettuccine 8 oz. fresh baby shrimp 1 c. whipping cream
9/2 c. Parmesan cheese, coarsely grated 4 tsp. Parmesan
cheese 1 tbsp. butter
10/4 c. dry white wine Salt and black pepper to taste 2 tsp.
fresh parsley, finely chopped

Cook al dente 3-5 minutes for fresh pasta, 5-7 minutes for
packaged fettuccine.SAUCE:

Gently sauté shrimp in butter in a large skillet on medium
heat for 1- 2 minutes. Add wine to shrimp and simmer on
medium heat for 1-2 minutes. Add cream to shrimp and wine
and cook on medium heat until cream begins to bubble.
Season with salt and pepper. Add fettuccine to shrimp,
wine and cream. Toss and heat. Gradually add Parmesan
cheese to fettuccine. Toss together and heat thoroughly
until cheese has melted. Put fettuccine into a warm
serving bowl or on warm plate. Sprinkle with Parmesan
cheese and parsley and serve.

Dimitri

"Daisy" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> I am very partial to creamy pasta sauces, and would like a
> recipe please that uses cream and/or sour cream.
>
> I have one that is part of a seafood pasta dish - and this
> is quite a rich sauce that uses butter, white wine, garlic
> and cream!
>
> It is really lovely, but I would like other variations if
> someone is experienced with this type of sauce. I would
> like to use the sauce with penne and/or fusili pasta
> rather than spaghetti or linguini.

Here's an unusual olive dish but quite tasty.

Fried olives and pasta with cream

1 can gourmet olives garlic cloves to taste olive oil 1 cup
cream freshly grated black pepper

Remove pits from olives and chop coarsely. Steep in olive
oil to cover for 2 days at room temperature. Pour a little
olive oil into a skillet and sauté crushed and chopped
garlic cloves. Add olives and sauté for 3-4 minutes. Add
cream and bring to simmer. Serve over pasta and top with
freshly grated black pepper

Paul

saute some garlic in oil and add one onion chopped and cook
until translucent. Pour 1/3c vodika and cook until it is
half of the liquid it started to be. Pour one can of peeled
tomatos (the large one) on top and cook until they break
down. Pour over cooked pasta and mix. Pour 1 pint of heavy
cream over the noodles..mix and serve...

On Thu, 22 Apr 2004 16:33:38 +1200, Daisy wrote:
> I am very partial to creamy pasta sauces, and would like a
> recipe please that uses cream and/or sour cream.
>
> I have one that is part of a seafood pasta dish - and this
> is quite a rich sauce that uses butter, white wine, garlic
> and cream!
>
> It is really lovely, but I would like other variations if
> someone is experienced with this type of sauce. I would
> like to use the sauce with penne and/or fusili pasta
> rather than spaghetti or linguini.
>
> Thanks.
>

> Daisy

This works well by itself over Fettuccini, or you can sauté
a few shrimp and mix with the Fettuccini and put the sauce
over the top. There are almost endless variations by
changing the spices slightly. For an Alfredo Variation leave
the fennel out and add a couple of tablespoons of Freshly
grated Parmesan, or a little grated fresh ginger with pork
or chicken. You can add a tablespoon or two of tomato paste
for a creamy tomato sauce. I have even warmed the leftover
sauce in the morning, and added a little lemon juice for an
ersatz Hollandaise to put over eggs.

Sauté in butter about a teaspoon of finally minced onion and
half a teaspoon of finally minced garlic 30 to 60 seconds or
until the onion is translucent. Add 1/2 to a full cup of
heavy cream. Add 1/2 teaspoon of crushed fennel seeds Add 1
teaspoon of fresh parsley Salt and pepper to taste Boil down
rapidly stirring from time to time until it is the desired
thickness approx 5 minutes

JakeInHartsel

Sauté in butter about a teaspoon of finally minced onion and
half a teaspoon of finally minced garlic 30 to 60 seconds or
until onion is translucent. Add 1/2 to a full cup of heavy
cream. Add 1/2 teaspoon of crushed fennel seeds Add 1
teaspoon of fresh parsley Salt and pepper to taste Boil down
rapidly stirring from time to time until it is the desired
thickness approx 5 minutes.

JakeInHartsel

This is almost exactly what I was looking for - a simple
basic cream and/or sour cream sauce that I could vary with
other ingredients. I knew it would have to have onion and
garlic - or at least garlic at any rate - and as a base this
sauce seems to me to provide a number of variations.

I guess one could simply stir-fry sliced mushrooms with the
onion and garlic for a funghi type sauce? And then I rather
like sun-dried or slow oven roasted tomatoes - so they could
be added instead of the mushrooms but with the tomato paste?

So many recipes are complicated when in reality the answer
is simple. It was the simple that evaded me. So thanks.

>This works well by itself over Fettuccini, or you can sauté
>a few shrimp and mix with the Fettuccini and put the sauce
>over the top. There are almost endless variations by
>changing the spices slightly. For an Alfredo Variation
>leave the fennel out and add a couple of tablespoons of
>Freshly grated Parmesan, or a little grated fresh ginger
>with pork or chicken. You can add a tablespoon or two of
>tomato paste for a creamy tomato sauce. I have even warmed
>the leftover sauce in the morning, and added a little lemon
>juice for an ersatz Hollandaise to put over eggs.
>
>Sauté in butter about a teaspoon of finally minced onion
>and half a teaspoon of finally minced garlic 30 to 60
>seconds or until the onion is translucent. Add 1/2 to a
>full cup of heavy cream. Add 1/2 teaspoon of crushed fennel
>seeds Add 1 teaspoon of fresh parsley Salt and pepper to
>taste Boil down rapidly stirring from time to time until it
>is the desired thickness approx 5 minutes
>
>JakeInHartsel
>

>Sauté in butter about a teaspoon of finally minced onion
>and half a teaspoon of finally minced garlic 30 to 60
>seconds or until onion is translucent. Add 1/2 to a full
>cup of heavy cream. Add 1/2 teaspoon of crushed fennel
>seeds Add 1 teaspoon of fresh parsley Salt and pepper to
>taste Boil down rapidly stirring from time to time until it
>is the desired thickness approx 5 minutes.
>
>JakeInHartsel

Daisy