UK and Europe · Public discussion

Paunch power (Nick gets his comeuppance)

Started by Nick Kew · · Last activity · 6 posts · 1,444 views

Thread navigation

Jump through the discussion

Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
UK and Europe
Published
26 January 2003
Last activity
27 January 2003
Original author
Nick Kew
Posts
6
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
1,444
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–6 of 6
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. Lovely morning today. Bright sunshine in a cloudless sky, and that fantastic freshness you get in
    such weather after heavy rain. So I put on tracksuit and trainers, and went out to enjoy a
    morning ride on the moors - sticking to made tracks where my wheels won't be damaging the ground
    in soft mud.

    It was a fantastic ride up the moors, stopping to sit and just enjoy the day. Near the top of the
    route is a couple of miles where the gravel gets lost under mud a few times, so I got a little
    splashed, and one innocent-looking patch of mud sucked in the front wheel and threw me (it was far
    too small to get both wheels). Yo!

    But also at the top, I could see the heavy rainclouds coming in, already over my home. And just as
    I came down into Princetown, the heavens opened: hard, driving rain. Blinding, finger-numbing rain,
    just as I hit the downhill I had to slow right down. A moment later, hailstones were settling on
    the tracksuit. Now at this point I was regretting not having brought gloves, coat or even fleece.
    Aaargh ....

    Still, it showed beautifully the value of a good paunch. Though the skin was cold to the touch, the
    body - apart from the hands and eyes - felt no discomfort. This is self-evidently the healthy state
    for a human body in a temperate climate!

    --
    Wear your paunch with pride!

  2. "David Gillbe" <[email hidden]> wrote in message "]news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    With those extras I'm sure several member of Oxford University Cycling


    Club

    Quoted message said:

    (and several others no doubt) will be interested, where do I sign up :-)

    Pah! students.

    Don't you worry, by the time you're in your 30's you will no doubt have one.

    And it'll be one of your most durable cycling accessories, staying with you no matter how many 1000s
    of miles you do.

  3. (Nick Kew) said:

    This is self-evidently the healthy state for a human body in a temperate climate!

    Consider marketing it: the "camelfront." Purchasers receive a case of beer and three dozen
    large pies.

    Guy
    ===
    ** WARNING ** This posting may contain traces of irony. chapmancentral.comchapmancentral.com (BT ADSL and
    dynamic DNS permitting)
    NOTE: BT Openworld have now blocked port 25 (without notice), so old mail addresses may no longer
    work. Apologies.

  4. In message <[email hidden]>, "Just zis Guy, you know?"
    <[email hidden]> writes

    Quoted message said:
    (Nick Kew) said:

    This is self-evidently the healthy state for a human body in a temperate climate!

    Consider marketing it: the "camelfront." Purchasers receive a case of beer and three dozen
    large pies.


    You call it a 'camelfront', I call it aerodynamics....
    --
    DP

  5. you know? said:

    Consider marketing it: the "camelfront." Purchasers receive a case of beer and three dozen
    large pies.

    Sounds excellent! Put me down for a family membership (even though there's only me).

    Bob
    --
    Mail address is spam trapped To reply by email remove the beverage

  6. With those extras I'm sure several member of Oxford University Cycling Club (and several others no
    doubt) will be interested, where do I sign up :-)

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:


    Quoted message said:

    This is self-evidently the healthy state for a human body in a temperate climate!

    Consider marketing it: the "camelfront." Purchasers receive a case of beer and three dozen
    large pies.


    You call it a 'camelfront', I call it aerodynamics....
    --
    DP

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.