rec.sport.unicycling · Public discussion

Pedal recommendations?

Started by chrome · · Last activity · 24 posts · 347 views

Thread navigation

Jump through the discussion

Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
rec.sport.unicycling
Published
31 July 2007
Last activity
3 August 2007
Original author
chrome
Posts
24
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
347
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 21–24 of 24
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. chrome said:

    OK so I finally busted my plastic cheapo pedals and want to upgrade to
    some real pinned pedals (with the option of removing/replacing pins).

    I'm thinking Snafus look really good, I want to ride MUni, no grinding.
    Any recommendations? I have KH crank arms. I tried the Search button,
    nothing too conclusive...

    Thanks!

    Cr.

    Snafus are great...just watch your shins. :p

    --
    isaac steiner

    *'Gallery' (http://tinyurl.com/y6mftb)*

    '*Quax*' (http://www.qu-ax.com/)
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    isaac steiner's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/13943
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/63056

    Posted Via Usenet.com Premium Usenet Newsgroup Services
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    ** SPEED ** RETENTION ** COMPLETION ** ANONYMITY **
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    http://www.usenet.com

  2. This is all interesting. I had read before people saying they didn't
    like allen pins. I had no idea why,I thought they were all like that.
    But putting on my reading glasses I can see that my JC's have a sort of
    torx head.
    I haven't had any pins come out or be broken in my DMR pedals, so the
    pins, grip seems good to me. But I haven't learned to do crank grabs
    yet. Perhaps if I smashed them more I would change my mind.
    The difference in weigh between DMR v12's and the JC's , 5.25 oz per
    pedal is very noticeable. Not everyone wants to throw cash to find out
    for themselves is my guess. I think everyone should buy a set of these
    dimension MTB's next time you order anything from AE Bike. They cost
    only 8 $, and don't have a look of quality in the picture, but look
    great in real life. I use a pair on my 36, and they have held up great,
    several side smashes etc. and have good grip when wet. I had to buy a
    set when I discovered , doing pedal research, that these are the
    lightest platform pedals, at an amazing 330 grams. At 8 $, they are a
    great way to feel yourself how much difference you will feel going from
    JC's or snafu's to something lighter. Even though I have the heavy
    steel 36 wheel , the change is more then noticeable. Right away,
    control, acceleration and reverse (slowing) got instantly better.
    So I am sold on light pedals. Joe's point that sealed pedals are less
    reliable only matters on rides where a pedal failure would bum me out.
    Usually, I am riding not so far, so I would rather have the lightness,
    even if I had to walk home once in a while. A tube of 10 new bearings
    is only 25 $ The DMR v12's have a 7mm ID, larger stronger bearing size
    then the welgo's and many others.
    One nice point about the loose bearing DMR v8's that Joe likes, is
    they come with a grease syringe, and have a grease fitting on the
    pedals. For a lazy guy like me, who doesn't want to rebuild and pack
    pedals, that sounds like a winning feature.
    I want to point out that the nylon of these plastic pedals is much
    harder then the plastic on the pedals that came with my 36. So the
    teeth bite well to my sneakers.

    +-------------------------------------------------------------------+
    |Filename: PD1097.jpg |
    |Download: http://www.unicyclist.com/attachment/21449 |
    +-------------------------------------------------------------------+

    --
    feel the light
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    feel the light's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/14551
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/63056

    Posted Via Usenet.com Premium Usenet Newsgroup Services
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    ** SPEED ** RETENTION ** COMPLETION ** ANONYMITY **
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    http://www.usenet.com

  3. I like the cheap Local Bike Store Pedals that have 3 pins across the
    front and back, I like grip, and they're cheap.

    --
    Joe2005

    nobody knows what happened to that boy after that.-Nutcracker

    i know. he was kidnapped by aliens, learnt their ways, stole the
    biggest ship he could, travelled back in time by mistake and crashed
    the plane on the earth surface. he was the one who killed the
    dinosaurs. -ivan
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Joe2005's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/13692
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/63056

    Posted Via Usenet.com Premium Usenet Newsgroup Services
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    ** SPEED ** RETENTION ** COMPLETION ** ANONYMITY **
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    http://www.usenet.com

  4. wickedbob said:

    Jackshits are awesome for grip Jimmy c's might not have the grip you
    want for uni I use them for street though and they work great for
    that...

    Jackshits are the grippiest best pedal I have ever used. Grip like
    crazy for trials and muni, and you can still use them for street. I do.

    --
    Jerrick

    ~*~!I ride for Christ, Fun, Challenges, and a lot
    more!~*~
    '!Gallery!' (http://tinyurl.com/gf2g9)
    '!MRIS!' (http://tinyurl.com/jjjnz)
    'Easy Tire Removal Guide.' (http://tinyurl.com/rd9ru)
    My sponsor '~!SIXSIXONE!~' (http://sixsixone.com/)
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Jerrick's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11632
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/63056

    Posted Via Usenet.com Premium Usenet Newsgroup Services
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    ** SPEED ** RETENTION ** COMPLETION ** ANONYMITY **
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    http://www.usenet.com

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.