People staying in Langenthal hotels for Unicon XIII?

Discussion in 'rec.sport.unicycling' started by johnfoss, Jan 24, 2006.

  1. johnfoss

    johnfoss Guest

    Has anybody booked any hotel rooms for Unicon yet? We're looking for
    more hotel information, and other hotels people have found that they
    like. It would probably help with logistics if we could stay at common
    hotels, and Jacquie and I are looking to make our hotel booking pretty
    soon.

    We're looking at July 22-Aug. 3. Your dates may be a little different.
    Unicon hotel information can be found here:
    http://www.unicon13.ch/uni/cms/front_content.php?idcat=16

    Any ideas? Also if you're looking for hotel rooms for Unicon chime in
    here. With a group, we may be able to negotiate a discounted rate.

    --
    johnfoss

    John Foss

    "Idiot America—where fact is merely that which enough people believe,
    and truth is measured only by how fervently they believe it." --
    Charles Pierce, in Esquire Magazine

  2. mikepenton

    mikepenton Guest

  3. Klaas Bil

    Klaas Bil Guest

    FYI: I asked a similar question on the 'accommodation' forum (or
    something to that effect) on the Unicon XIII website. Franz (their
    webmaster) replied saying that all the accommodation options listed on
    the UNICON site can only be booked through them. Booking will be
    possible starting by about mid February. There may be other hotels in
    the area that they haven't listed and that can be booked already, but I
    haven't checked that.

    I'll be going with a buddy and we're planning to book a twin room.

    --
    Klaas Bil
    Klaas Bil's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/3442

  4. unicycle6869

    unicycle6869 Guest

    What are the average prices for a 2 or 4 person room??
    I'm thinking of going the cheap dormatories as of right now....

    Jamey

    --
    unicycle6869

    Jamey (formerly known as tuna6869)

    Which is worse, a president who screws an intern, or a president who
    screws the country?

    *20 Years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you
    didn't do than by the things you did-EXPLORE-DREAM-LIVE!
    unicycle6869's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/8990

  5. Erant

    Erant Guest

  6. sarah.miller

    sarah.miller Guest

    Erant wrote:
    > It's looking like the dormatories for me now. Hope noone snores.

    Take ear plugs- then you can still sleep even if the person in the top
    bunk does snore. I take ear plugs to all weekend uni events ( in fact
    any where I'm sleeping away from home) It means I get to go to sleep
    when I want and wake up at a sensible time.
    Sarah

    --
    sarah.miller

    South West Unicycle Meet
    www.uk.unicyclist.com/swum.html
    sarah.miller's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/1694

  7. unicycle6869

    unicycle6869 Guest

    sarah.miller wrote:
    > Take ear plugs- then you can still sleep even if the person in the top
    > bunk does snore. I take ear plugs to all weekend uni events ( in fact
    > any where I'm sleeping away from home) It means I get to go to sleep
    > when I want and wake up at a sensible time.
    > Sarah

    Now that's a pretty good idea!! Thanks.
    My idea was to just have a few beers so that you can pass out easily!
    I'll probably end up doing a little bit of both (earplugs and
    drinking)!