General fitness, health and nutrition · Public discussion

Pepperidge Farms Cornbread Stuffing

Started by itsjoannotjoann · · Last activity · 71 posts · 925 views

Thread navigation

Jump through the discussion

Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
General fitness, health and nutrition
Published
12 November 2007
Last activity
27 November 2007
Original author
itsjoannotjoann
Posts
71
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
925
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 41–60 of 71
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. Bobo Bonobo® said:

    Notice that they didn't put INGREDIENTS on their website.
    They don't want you to see, "Partially hydrogenated..."

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    Now, what was that about someone being stupid?
    Boron


    um, uh. transfats are bad!

    And there in no excuse for putting it in your products.

    Quoted message said:

    So don't buy them.

    --

    Sarah Gray

  2. Sarah Gray said:
    Bobo Bonobo® said:

    Notice that they didn't put INGREDIENTS on their website.
    They don't want you to see, "Partially hydrogenated..."

    Quoted message said:

    > Now, what was that about someone being stupid?
    > Boron
    um, uh. transfats are bad!

    Quoted message said:

    And there in no excuse for putting it in your products.

    So don't buy them.

    I don't. I bet you don't either.

    Quoted message said:


    --

    Sarah Gray

    --Bryan

  3. Goomba38 schrieb :
    <snip>

    Quoted message said:

    No no.. I don't usually have stale bread sitting around. I usually buy the
    bread, cube it, and let it get stale the day before TG for use in the
    stuffing/dressing.

    That doesn't work well.
    Stale bread hasn't the right consistency for stuffing.
    Let the bread go stale, then cut it into cubes.
    Now dry those cubes (in the oven).
    Use only white-bread and rolls.
    That's how it's done over here.

    Cheers,

    Michael Kuettner

  4. Bobo Bonobo® said:
    Sarah Gray said:
    Bobo Bonobo® said:

    Notice that they didn't put INGREDIENTS on their website.
    They don't want you to see, "Partially hydrogenated..."
    >> Now, what was that about someone being stupid?
    >> Boron
    > um, uh. transfats are bad!
    And there in no excuse for putting it in your products.


    So don't buy them.

    I don't. I bet you don't either.

    I try to stay away from trans fats. But I don;t freak out abou it or
    anything.

    --

    Sarah Gray

  5. Michael Kuettner said:

    Goomba38 schrieb :
    <snip>

    Quoted message said:

    No no.. I don't usually have stale bread sitting around. I usually buy the
    bread, cube it, and let it get stale the day before TG for use in the
    stuffing/dressing.

    That doesn't work well.
    Stale bread hasn't the right consistency for stuffing.
    Let the bread go stale, then cut it into cubes.
    Now dry those cubes (in the oven).
    Use only white-bread and rolls.
    That's how it's done over here.

    We use completely fresh bread in our house. The only liquid in the
    recipe is some butter and whatever comes out of the sausage,
    onions, and celery--and, of course, what comes out of the turkey
    and soaks into the stuffing.

    Cindy Hamilton

  6. Sarah Gray said:
    Bobo Bonobo(R) said:
    Sarah Gray said:

    Bobo Bonobo(R) wrote:
    > Notice that they didn't put INGREDIENTS on their website.
    > They don't want you to see, "Partially hydrogenated..."
    >>> Now, what was that about someone being stupid?
    >>> Boron
    >> um, uh. transfats are bad!
    > And there in no excuse for putting it in your products.
    So don't buy them.

    Quoted message said:

    I don't. I bet you don't either.

    I try to stay away from trans fats. But I don;t freak out abou it or
    anything.

    No, and you'd better not. That's MY schtick around here 🙂

    Quoted message said:


    --

    Sarah Gray

    --Bryan

  7. Bobo Bonobo(R) said:
    Sarah Gray said:
    Bobo Bonobo(R) said:

    On Nov 14, 7:42 am, Sarah Gray <[email hidden]> wrote:
    > Bobo Bonobo(R) wrote:
    >> Notice that they didn't put INGREDIENTS on their website.
    >> They don't want you to see, "Partially hydrogenated..."
    >>>> Now, what was that about someone being stupid?
    >>>> Boron
    >>> um, uh. transfats are bad!
    >> And there in no excuse for putting it in your products.
    > So don't buy them.
    I don't. I bet you don't either.


    I try to stay away from trans fats. But I don;t freak out abou it or
    anything.

    No, and you'd better not. That's MY schtick around here 🙂

    Can I at least have preservatives? High fructose corn syrup? ya gotta
    give me *something* to [censored] about 🙂

    --

    Sarah Gray

  8. Bobo Bonobo(R) said:


    In fact, the only stuffing mix I've ever seen that didn't have [censored] in
    it came from Whole Foods. I think the brand was Chatham House.


    Correction, it is Chatham Village:
    http://www.marzetti.com/_admin/_includes/_NUTRITION/CV_Traditional_Herb_Stuffing.pdf

    It's a great base. See? No bad ingredients in there.

    Quoted message said:


    --Bryan

    --Bryan

  9. Sarah Gray said:
    Bobo Bonobo(R) said:
    Sarah Gray said:

    Bobo Bonobo(R) wrote:
    > On Nov 14, 7:42 am, Sarah Gray <[email hidden]> wrote:
    >> Bobo Bonobo(R) wrote:
    >>> Notice that they didn't put INGREDIENTS on their website.
    >>> They don't want you to see, "Partially hydrogenated..."
    >>>>> Now, what was that about someone being stupid?
    >>>>> Boron
    >>>> um, uh. transfats are bad!
    >>> And there in no excuse for putting it in your products.
    >> So don't buy them.
    > I don't. I bet you don't either.
    I try to stay away from trans fats. But I don;t freak out abou it or
    anything.

    No, and you'd better not. That's MY schtick around here 🙂

    Can I at least have preservatives? High fructose corn syrup? ya gotta
    give me *something* to [censored] about 🙂

    [censored] about bobo. that's what the rest of us do.

    your pal,
    blake

  10. In article <[email hidden]>,

    Sarah Gray said:

    Bobo Bonobo(R) wrote:

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    No, and you'd better not. That's MY schtick around here 🙂

    Can I at least have preservatives? High fructose corn syrup? ya gotta
    give me *something* to [censored] about 🙂

    You could always [censored] about the high prices you are paying for stale
    bread with stale spices.

  11. On Wed, 14 Nov 2007 05:32:03 -0800, Bobo Bonobo® <[email hidden]>

    Quoted message said:
    Sarah Gray said:
    Boron Elgar said:

    On Tue, 13 Nov 2007 13:37:39 -0800, Bobo Bonobo® <[email hidden]>


    ..

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    > That's because you are White trash. Only White trash types use that
    > [censored].
    > It's full of trans fats because they figure that folks like you are
    > too stupid to know the difference.er
    > --Bryan


    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    No transfats at all in the product itself, as you can see below

    Quoted message said:

    Amount Per Serving
    Calories 110 Calories from Fat 20
    % Daily Value*
    Total Fat 2.5g 4%
    Saturated Fat 0g 0%
    Trans Fat 0g
    Cholesterol 0mg 0%
    Sodium 460mg 19%
    Potassium 1mg 0%

    Quoted message said:

    Total Carbohydrate 20g 7%
    Dietary Fiber <1g 3%
    Sugars 2g
    Protein 3g

    Quoted message said:

    Vitamin A 0% Calcium 0%
    Vitamin C 0% Iron 6%

    Quoted message said:

    None of the Pepperidge Farm stuffing mixes have transfats, either. See
    info at link below.
    http://www.campbellwellness.com/product-list.asp?brandCatID=743&brand...

    Notice that they didn't put INGREDIENTS on their website.
    They don't want you to see, "Partially hydrogenated..."

    There is no saturated fat or transfat in their products. FDA labeling
    requires satfats and transfats to be listed.

    Read up on the requirements here:
    http://www.cfsan.fda.gov/~dms/qatrans2.html

    The only ingredients list for the product I can find is not from
    Campbell's itself and is so old, it uses the nutritional information
    format from before the time the transfat listing was FDA required.

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    Now, what was that about someone being stupid?

    Quoted message said:

    Boron

    um, uh. transfats are bad!

    And there in no excuse for putting it in your products.

    And I am still waiting for proof that it is currently in Pepperidge
    Farm Stuffing mixes.

    Where is your evidence?

    Boron

  12. On Wed, 14 Nov 2007 05:26:13 -0800, Bobo Bonobo® <[email hidden]>

    Quoted message said:
    Boron Elgar said:

    On Tue, 13 Nov 2007 13:37:39 -0800, Bobo Bonobo® <[email hidden]>

    Quoted message said:

    On Nov 13, 6:31 am, Jack <[email hidden]> wrote:
    > In article <[email hidden]>,
    > Gregory Morrow <[email hidden]> wrote:

    Quoted message said:

    > > All those commercial stuffings are ghastly, full of all kinds of
    > > schmutz additives...better to make your own from scratch, it's very
    > > easy.
    > > --
    > > Best
    > > Greg

    Quoted message said:

    > Hate to differ, but it isn't all that easy to make stuffing/dressing
    > from scratch. Tried that a couple of times and it was a royal pain in
    > the keister. I prefer a plain bread-type stuffing; no apples, sausage,
    > oysters, cherries or funky spices.
    > I've not used the Pepperidge Farms brand, but usually the Stove Top
    > brand stuffing works for me and any who partake of my meals.

    Quoted message said:

    --Bryan

    It is certainly not something that I use, but its only serious
    nutritional flaw seems to be a heavy hand with the sodium. No
    transfats at all in the product itself, as you can see below

    Amount Per Serving
    Calories 110 Calories from Fat 20
    % Daily Value*
    Total Fat 2.5g 4%
    Saturated Fat 0g 0%
    Trans Fat 0g
    Cholesterol 0mg 0%
    Sodium 460mg 19%
    Potassium 1mg 0%

    Total Carbohydrate 20g 7%
    Dietary Fiber <1g 3%
    Sugars 2g
    Protein 3g

    Vitamin A 0% Calcium 0%
    Vitamin C 0% Iron 6%

    None of the Pepperidge Farm stuffing mixes have transfats, either. See
    info at link below.http://www.campbellwellness.com/product-list.asp?brandCatID=743&brand...

    Now, what was that about someone being stupid?

    Just because the fascist US govt. allows them to put 0g trans fat on
    the label, doesn't mean that it has none, just <0.5g per serving.
    Read the actual INGREDIENTS:

    Fascist? What are you , some sort of nut in every way shape and form?

    Did you look at the link I enclosed - which goes to Pepperidge Farm
    Stuffing MIXES, not Stove Top?

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    I didn't spend too much time on looking for the Pep Farms, but look at
    their standards by what's in this other product:
    http://www.campbellwellness.com/product-list.asp?brandID=4&brandCatID=825&productID=112193&catID=378

    Yeah, well, since my post referred very specifically to the Pepperidge
    Farms stuffing products and NOT Stove Top, maybe you should have.

    Quoted message said:

    In fact, the only stuffing mix I've ever seen that didn't have [censored] in
    it came from Whole Foods. I think the brand was Chatham House.

    Quoted message said:

    --Bryan

    You remind me of Stove Top Stuffing...you are full of [censored].

    Boron

  13. "Boron Elgar" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    On Wed, 14 Nov 2007 05:32:03 -0800, Bobo Bonobo® <[email hidden]>

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    > On Tue, 13 Nov 2007 13:37:39 -0800, Bobo Bonobo® <[email hidden]>


    .

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    >> That's because you are White trash. Only White trash types use that
    >> [censored].
    >> It's full of trans fats because they figure that folks like you are
    >> too stupid to know the difference.er
    >> --Bryan



    ..

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    >http://www.campbellwellness.com/product-list.asp?brandCatID=743&brand...

    Notice that they didn't put INGREDIENTS on their website.
    They don't want you to see, "Partially hydrogenated..."

    There is no saturated fat or transfat in their products. FDA labeling
    requires satfats and transfats to be listed.

    Read up on the requirements here:
    http://www.cfsan.fda.gov/~dms/qatrans2.html

    The only ingredients list for the product I can find is not from
    Campbell's itself and is so old, it uses the nutritional information
    format from before the time the transfat listing was FDA required.

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    > Now, what was that about someone being stupid?

    > Boron

    um, uh. transfats are bad!

    And there in no excuse for putting it in your products.

    And I am still waiting for proof that it is currently in Pepperidge
    Farm Stuffing mixes.

    Where is your evidence?

    Boron

    It's up his ass, along with all of his other evidence

  14. Strange Brew said:


    "Boron Elgar" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    On Wed, 14 Nov 2007 05:32:03 -0800, Bobo Bonobo® <[email hidden]>
    wrote:

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:


    And I am still waiting for proof that it is currently in Pepperidge
    Farm Stuffing mixes.

    Where is your evidence?

    Boron

    It's up his ass, along with all of his other evidence

    Bwa-ha-ha-ha.

    Boron

  15. Boron Elgar said:

    On Sat, 17 Nov 2007 17:12:01 -0500, "Strange Brew"

    Quoted message said:

    "Boron Elgar" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    On Wed, 14 Nov 2007 05:32:03 -0800, Bobo Bonobo(R) <[email hidden]>
    wrote:

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    And I am still waiting for proof that it is currently in Pepperidge
    Farm Stuffing mixes.

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    Where is your evidence?

    My original comment was regarding Stove Top, but I can tell you FOR
    SURE that 12 months ago, PF stuffing mix had hydrogenated fats. I saw
    a box of Stove Top at Walgreens the other day, and it still has it.

    _______________________
    # Is it really trans-free? "Trans-free" or "0 grams trans fat" means
    less than 0.5 grams of trans fat per serving. But if a serving of,
    say, three cookies has 0.49 grams trans fat and you eat, say, six
    cookies, you're getting close to one gram of trans. That's not
    trivial.

    An advisory panel to the FDA recommended earlier this year that the
    agency set a limit of 2 grams of trans fat a day (for people who eat a
    typical 2,000-calorie diet.) So watch out for foods--even "trans-free"
    foods--that have partially hydrogenated oil in the ingredients list,
    especially if you think you'll eat more than the serving size.
    source-- http://www.hhs.oregonstate.edu/outrch/fsf/articles/2005/10Mega-TrendsJuly05.html
    ________________________

    Quoted message said:


    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    Boron

    Quoted message said:

    It's up his ass, along with all of his other evidence

    I'll look at the PF a little later when I go to the grocery store. I
    hope they HAVE removed it. That's a lot more important to me than
    what a clown like you thinks about me.

    Quoted message said:


    Bwa-ha-ha-ha.

    Boron

    --Bryan

  16. Bobo Bonobo(R) said:
    Boron Elgar said:

    On Sat, 17 Nov 2007 17:12:01 -0500, "Strange Brew"

    Quoted message said:

    "Boron Elgar" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...
    > On Wed, 14 Nov 2007 05:32:03 -0800, Bobo Bonobo(R) <[email hidden]>
    > wrote:

    Quoted message said:

    > And I am still waiting for proof that it is currently in Pepperidge
    > Farm Stuffing mixes.

    Quoted message said:

    > Where is your evidence?

    My original comment was regarding Stove Top, but I can tell you FOR
    SURE that 12 months ago, PF stuffing mix had hydrogenated fats. I saw
    a box of Stove Top at Walgreens the other day, and it still has it.


    I am not interested in Stove Top in this discussion. I told you that
    before.

    Butter and cheese and beef, and a lot of other foods, have naturally
    occurring tans fats, but trans fats, nevertheless. The jury is still
    out determining if naturally occurring and created are equally bad,
    one good and other bad, or exactly what the differences are.

    Boron

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:


    Quoted message said:

    It's up his ass, along with all of his other evidence

    I'll look at the PF a little later when I go to the grocery store. I
    hope they HAVE removed it. That's a lot more important to me than
    what a clown like you thinks about me.

    Quoted message said:

    Honey, I don't think anything of you at all.

    Boron

  17. Strange Brew said:

    "Boron Elgar" <[email hidden]> wrote in message

    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    On Wed, 14 Nov 2007 05:32:03 -0800, Bobo Bonobo(R) <[email hidden]>

    Quoted message said:

    > > On Tue, 13 Nov 2007 13:37:39 -0800, Bobo Bonobo(R) <[email hidden]>


    .

    Quoted message said:

    > >> That's because you are White trash. Only White trash types use that
    > >> [censored].
    > >> It's full of trans fats because they figure that folks like you are
    > >> too stupid to know the difference.er
    > >> --Bryan

    .

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    > >http://www.campbellwellness.com/product-list.asp?brandCatID=743&brand...

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    Notice that they didn't put INGREDIENTS on their website.
    They don't want you to see, "Partially hydrogenated..."

    Quoted message said:

    There is no saturated fat or transfat in their products. FDA labeling
    requires satfats and transfats to be listed.

    Quoted message said:

    Read up on the requirements here:
    http://www.cfsan.fda.gov/~dms/qatrans2.html

    Quoted message said:

    The only ingredients list for the product I can find is not from
    Campbell's itself and is so old, it uses the nutritional information
    format from before the time the transfat listing was FDA required.

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    > > Now, what was that about someone being stupid?

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    > > Boron

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    > um, uh. transfats are bad!

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    And there in no excuse for putting it in your products.

    Quoted message said:

    And I am still waiting for proof that it is currently in Pepperidge
    Farm Stuffing mixes.

    Quoted message said:

    Where is your evidence?

    Quoted message said:

    Boron

    It's up his ass, along with all of his other evidence

    Sadly, both bald.n.ugly and Moron Elgar will have to face the fact
    that the Pepperidge farm stuffing mix DOES have partially hydrogenated
    oil listed in its ingredients. So does Brownberry sage & onion. I
    just got back from the supermarket. Notice how they keep their
    ingredients OFF the web, while publishing their zero grams per
    serving?

    --Bryan

  18. Dan Abel said:

    In article <[email hidden]>,

    Sarah Gray said:

    Bobo Bonobo(R) wrote:

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    No, and you'd better not. That's MY schtick around here 🙂


    Can I at least have preservatives? High fructose corn syrup? ya gotta
    give me *something* to [censored] about 🙂

    You could always [censored] about the high prices you are paying for stale
    bread with stale spices.

    Who said I bought that [censored]?

    --

    Sarah Gray

  19. In article <[email hidden]>,

    Sarah Gray said:
    Dan Abel said:

    In article <[email hidden]>,

    Sarah Gray said:

    Bobo Bonobo(R) wrote:

    Quoted message said:

    > No, and you'd better not. That's MY schtick around here 🙂
    Can I at least have preservatives? High fructose corn syrup? ya gotta
    give me *something* to [censored] about 🙂

    You could always [censored] about the high prices you are paying for stale
    bread with stale spices.

    Who said I bought that [censored]?

    Sorry. Change the "are" to "aren't".

  20. itsjoannotjoann said:
    Nancy2 said:

    It doesn't need a binder if the broth is in the correct proportion -
    leftoversslicebeautifully without the eggs. Try it once - I bet you
    won't notice they aren't there. ;-)

    Quoted message said:

    N.

    Leftoverdressing! What's that?? :-)

    Rarely was any left but it wasn't cooked to a state that it wouldslice. That would be my sister-in-law'sdressing. And it requires
    copious amounts of gravy. :-(

    After catching part of a Deen program, I can understand why some
    people think eggs are necessary to hold it together.

    Her dressing, which she declared looked scrumptious, looked like
    runny, chunky you-know-what, when she poured (poured!) it into a
    casserole dish. Ick. I've never mixed up dressing that looked like
    that.

    Mine, with proper amounts of butter and broth, is scooped or spooned
    into a casserole dish, dotted with more butter on top, and when it's
    baked for a half hour, you can spoon it out, and it's nice and moist.
    Chilled, it slices.

    I've never seen a soupy dressing like Paula Deen made. Maybe it's a
    Southern thang....

    N.

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.