Pepsi withdrawal headache

Jack King

Guest
Does anyone know why a person would get a withdrawal headache about 40 hours after drinking a single
can of Pepsi? I get a headache consistently from Pepsi products, but not from other soft drinks with
the same or higher amounts of caffeine. I only drink 1 or 2 cans of soda a week. If I drink it every
day, I do not get a headache. I never have headaches from Red Bull or similar drinks. Any ideas?

Thanks, Jack

Simple solution - If it is the Pepsi - don't drink it. Anth

"Jack King" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Does anyone know why a person would get a withdrawal headache about 40 hours after drinking a
> single can of Pepsi? I get a headache consistently from Pepsi products, but not from other soft
> drinks with the same or higher amounts of caffeine. I only drink 1 or 2 cans of soda a week. If I
> drink it every day, I do not get a headache. I never have headaches from Red Bull or similar
> drinks. Any ideas?
>
> Thanks, Jack

The cure was so obvious that the OP missed it. Sort of like the old joke:

Patient: Doc, when I do this, my blank hurts.

Doc: Stop doing it.

"Anth" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> Simple solution - If it is the Pepsi - don't drink it. Anth
>
> "Jack King" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > Does anyone know why a person would get a withdrawal headache about 40 hours after drinking a
> > single can of Pepsi? I get a headache consistently from Pepsi products, but not from other soft
> > drinks with the same or higher amounts of caffeine. I only drink 1 or 2 cans of soda a week. If
> > I drink it every day, I do not get a headache. I never have headaches from Red Bull or similar
> > drinks. Any ideas?
> >
> > Thanks, Jack

Any ideas about which chemical (other than caffeine) used in Pepsi that might cause withdrawal
headaches? I would like to avoid products that use that chemical (obviously), and I was hoping some
smart person on this forum might be able to shed some light on the subject.

"Anth" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> Simple solution - If it is the Pepsi - don't drink it. Anth
>
> "Jack King" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > Does anyone know why a person would get a withdrawal headache about 40 hours after drinking a
> > single can of Pepsi? I get a headache consistently from Pepsi products, but not from other soft
> > drinks with the same or higher amounts of caffeine. I only drink 1 or 2 cans of soda a week. If
> > I drink it every day, I do not get a headache. I never have headaches from Red Bull or similar
> > drinks. Any ideas?
> >
> > Thanks, Jack

Chances are that in the 40 hours after Pepsi something happens that triggers the problem, sounds too
long to metabolize 40 hrs, whatever it is. How can you be sure this is due to Pepsi and nothing else
? Have you ever experienced the same w/o Pepsi ?

"Jack King" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Any ideas about which chemical (other than caffeine) used in Pepsi that might cause withdrawal
> headaches? I would like to avoid

Hi, I have no idea - sorry. I would suggest checkiing each of the ingredients in Pepsi for causing
headaches, then see if there's a common ingredient in other foods that causes you headaches... Anth

"Jack King" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Any ideas about which chemical (other than caffeine) used in Pepsi that might cause withdrawal
> headaches? I would like to avoid products that use that chemical (obviously), and I was hoping
> some smart person on this forum might be able to shed some light on the subject.

You might want to post as many of the other drinks that cause the problem and a few drinks that
don't - that would give a better scope for identifying the culprit. I'm doubting it will be
Aspartame, reasoning being that Aspartame is common in other drinks, so it is likely that you have
come across it in another drink, also the delay of 40 hours seems unlikely for methanol toxicity
(typical breakdown product of Aspartame). Has Pepsi got monosodium glutamate in it?

http://www.truthinlabeling.org/sensitive.html Some people eat MSG and react immediately. Some react
as late as 48 hours after ingesting MSG. Of help in diagnosis is the fact that for any one person,
the time between eating MSG and reacting to it is generally the same.

Anth

"Anth" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> Hi, I have no idea - sorry. I would suggest checkiing each of the ingredients in Pepsi for
> causing headaches, then see if there's a common ingredient in other foods that causes you
> headaches... Anth
>
> "Jack King" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > Any ideas about which chemical (other than caffeine) used in Pepsi that might cause withdrawal
> > headaches? I would like to avoid products that use that chemical (obviously), and I was hoping
> > some smart person on this forum might be able to shed some light on the subject.

I have known people who have those same type issues. It could be an issue with the sugar. Try a diet
Pepsi and see what happens.

--
Matt
silverhealing.com