Perfect Pootle

wafflycat

Guest
I went out this afternoon. On Luigi Mk II. Only had time for just over an
hour, so it was a brief 15'ish miles. It was, however, as near perfect as
possible. Sunny, warm day. Blue sky with hardly a cloud in it. Bird song
from every hedgerow. Heck, it even affected the motorists I encountered.
Without fail, they were all polite & smiling. And... wait for it... I had
oncoming motorists pull over and wave me forward on the narrow lanes.
Drivers smiled. We exchanged a cheery 'hello' and 'thank you' via open
driver's side windows. Heck, even someone driving an Audi was courteous! The
old dog that resides in the middle of one of the lanes saw me coming and
immediately did his bit of getting up, wagging his tail and ambling over to
me. Of course I had to stop which is when he keels over at my feet and
demands a tummy tickle. Once he's had a minute of tummy tickling, he gets up
and I can go on my way. Passed a field with two exceedingly newborn lambs in
it (still wet). Horse riders said hello. Woman walking her dog chatted, so I
stopped and was introduced to Merlin, her whippet puppy, who was incredibly
cute and also enjoyed being made a fuss of by the mad woman in bright yellow
Lycra. Other cyclists out too. Roadies, hybrids, MTBs, man pulling a Burley
containing small human. Friendly greetings exchanged throughout all to the
background of birdsong with skylark overtones.

Lovely.

"wafflycat" <w*a*ff£y£cat*@£btco*nn£ect.com> wrote in message

<about a perfect day>

> Lovely.

Then you woke up?

Jc.

"Josey" <nospam@josey> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> "wafflycat" <w*a*ff£y£cat*@£btco*nn£ect.com> wrote in message
>
> <about a perfect day>
>>
>> Lovely.

> Then you woke up?
>
> Jc.

:-D

No, it was real, honest!

In article <[email protected]>, wafflycat says...
> I went out this afternoon. On Luigi Mk II. Only had time for just over an
> hour, so it was a brief 15'ish miles. It was, however, as near perfect as
> possible. Sunny, warm day. Blue sky with hardly a cloud in it. Bird song
> from every hedgerow. Heck, it even affected the motorists I encountered.
> Without fail, they were all polite & smiling. And... wait for it... I had
> oncoming motorists pull over and wave me forward on the narrow lanes.
> Drivers smiled. We exchanged a cheery 'hello' and 'thank you' via open
> driver's side windows. Heck, even someone driving an Audi was courteous! The
> old dog that resides in the middle of one of the lanes saw me coming and
> immediately did his bit of getting up, wagging his tail and ambling over to
> me. Of course I had to stop which is when he keels over at my feet and
> demands a tummy tickle. Once he's had a minute of tummy tickling, he gets up
> and I can go on my way. Passed a field with two exceedingly newborn lambs in
> it (still wet). Horse riders said hello. Woman walking her dog chatted, so I
> stopped and was introduced to Merlin, her whippet puppy, who was incredibly
> cute and also enjoyed being made a fuss of by the mad woman in bright yellow
> Lycra. Other cyclists out too. Roadies, hybrids, MTBs, man pulling a Burley
> containing small human. Friendly greetings exchanged throughout all to the
> background of birdsong with skylark overtones.
>
> Lovely.

Sounds brilliant. Glad you had a good time.

"wafflycat" <w*a*ff£y£cat*@£btco*nn£ect.com> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Lovely.

It was grim and misty here until about 3pm so three of us decided to sample
the local hospitality this evening and the weather was lovely on the way out
about 5pm but started getting a bit chilly and misty once the sun had gone
down.

Still a nice ride out though.
--
peter

Cheap train tickets database
http://www.petereverett.co.uk/tickets/

Email sent to this address is generally deleted upon arrival
Visit website if you want to contact me

wafflycat wrote on 27/03/2007 18:59:
> I went out this afternoon. On Luigi Mk II. Only had time for just over
> an hour, so it was a brief 15'ish miles. It was, however, as near
> perfect as possible.

I went out yesterday but as a lurker didn't want to post anything... but
having read your post I was encouraged to do so! Ride report here:

http://www.scandrett.net/bike/ride-07-07.html

I really enjoyed it - it was just what I needed and the weather made a
large contribution to my enjoyment of the day.

Hurrah.

Peter (going back to lurk mode...)

--
http://www.scandrett.net/lx/
http://www.scandrett.net/bike/

"Peter Scandrett" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> wafflycat wrote on 27/03/2007 18:59:
>> I went out this afternoon. On Luigi Mk II. Only had time for just over an
>> hour, so it was a brief 15'ish miles. It was, however, as near perfect as
>> possible.

> I went out yesterday but as a lurker didn't want to post anything... but
> having read your post I was encouraged to do so! Ride report here:
>
> http://www.scandrett.net/bike/ride-07-07.html
>
> I really enjoyed it - it was just what I needed and the weather made a
> large contribution to my enjoyment of the day.

Excellent! Made my day to know I encouraged someone to go out for a ride.
Thank you!

"wafflycat" <w*a*ff£y£cat*@£btco*nn£ect.com> wrote in message

I went fot a ride lunchtime but it was still misty.

Jc