Performance goes to Pacific

Callistus Valerius

Guest
I think Performance/Supergo's move towards PacificCycle means they are
moving away from Road bikes. PacificCycle's lineup looks like mostly
Mountain Bike companies such as Mongoose, Murray and Eddie Bauer bikes. The
only one I see that may make road bikes is GT and Schwinn.

When they dumped Specialized and Giant they grew weary of roadies and their
cheapness.

Callistus Valerius wrote:
> I think Performance/Supergo's move towards PacificCycle means they
> are moving away from Road bikes. PacificCycle's lineup looks like
> mostly Mountain Bike companies such as Mongoose, Murray and Eddie
> Bauer bikes. The only one I see that may make road bikes is GT and
> Schwinn.
>
> When they dumped Specialized and Giant they grew weary of roadies and
> their cheapness.

Higher profit margins. That's pretty much the only thing that ever matters
in retail.
--
Phil, Squid-in-Training

> I think Performance/Supergo's move towards PacificCycle means they are
> moving away from Road bikes. PacificCycle's lineup looks like mostly
> Mountain Bike companies such as Mongoose, Murray and Eddie Bauer bikes.
> The
> only one I see that may make road bikes is GT and Schwinn.
>
> When they dumped Specialized and Giant they grew weary of roadies and
> their
> cheapness.

So do you think they will keep selling as much roadie gear as they do? They
also have their own line of road bikes, right?

Huh? The majority of both Specialized and Giant's product lineup is
mountain bikes.

In any case, who actually buys new bikes from Performance? Most people
view them as a parts/clothing store, not a good place to buy a new
bike.

Callistus Valerius wrote:
> I think Performance/Supergo's move towards PacificCycle means they are
> moving away from Road bikes. PacificCycle's lineup looks like mostly
> Mountain Bike companies such as Mongoose, Murray and Eddie Bauer bikes. The
> only one I see that may make road bikes is GT and Schwinn.
>
> When they dumped Specialized and Giant they grew weary of roadies and their
> cheapness.

I think Performance/Supergo's move towards PacificCycle means they want
to carry brands that they can actually sell on their websites
(Specialized doesn't allow online sales...not sure about Giant, but I
can't recall seeing 'em for sale online recently - if ever)

SYJ

StaceyJ wrote:

> I think Performance/Supergo's move towards PacificCycle means they want
> to carry brands that they can actually sell on their websites
> (Specialized doesn't allow online sales...not sure about Giant, but I
> can't recall seeing 'em for sale online recently - if ever)

Which is kind of strange, in my eyes. If I were to buy a bike built on
a generic frame with a shop's selection of parts, I'd want to be close
to that shop; in other words, it'd be my LBS. Going to that length to
sell bicycles over the web? You're not selling to me!

Pat