Yeah, I'm sure, it's just not the kind of thing I would think to put in there.
Quoted message said:
LOL!
I usually use your method, but if I've just used the blender, and the dishwasher is ready to be run (a full load), I disassemble the blender and put all the parts in the DW. It just makes me feel better, I guess.
Cool, nothing wrong with that. Me, I'm not sure my blender would fit on the top rack, plus it's plastic. It's just me, I don't think of it as a dishwasher candidate.
The other thing about disassembling it, I find it easy to loosen the bottom by putting it back on the base and giving it a twist, I think to the right. It's difficult for me just using brute strength.
I'm looking for a fast recipe for pesto sauce, can anyone help me?
Hi, Janae -- I don't follow much of a recipe when I make pesto. A bunch of fresh basil leaves (maybe 2-3 packed cups), a couple garlic cloves, some olive oil, some freshly grated parmesan cheese, and some lightly toasted pignons. I use a food processor. Process the basil and the garlic until finely chopped then drizzle in the olive oil until it's of a consistency to your liking. Throw in about 1/4 cup of the pine nuts and some parmesan. Pulse until blended and enjoy yourself. -- -Barb, <www.jamlady.eboard.com> updated 3-29-04.
"Melba's Jammin'" wrote in message "]news:[email hidden]...
Quoted message said:
I don't follow much of a recipe when I make pesto. A bunch of fresh basil leaves (maybe 2-3 packed cups), a couple garlic cloves, some olive oil, some freshly grated parmesan cheese, and some lightly toasted pignons. I use a food processor. Process the basil and the garlic until finely chopped then drizzle in the olive oil until it's of a consistency to your liking. Throw in about 1/4 cup of the pine nuts and some parmesan. Pulse until blended and enjoy yourself.
I'm with you in that I just sort of wing it when making pesto. I don't always use the pingnons and I do use some salt. One difference, which I think is big, is that I use a mortar and pestle rather than a blender of food processor. I'll smush up the garlic and salt. Next I'll add the nuts if I'm using them. Then I'll add the basil and beat the [censored] out of that for a while and finally add the oil and parmesan.
Pesto used to be one of the two things for which I used my food processor, the other being mayonnaise. I like the taste of the pesto much better now that I use the M&P. Also, cleanup couldn't be easier.
Katra, it takes but a few minutes to make pesto and we let it sit for about an hour max otherwise IMO the basil looses some of its flavor. But then, here in Italy what do we know ;-)
Quoted message said:
Cristina
I'll defer to the Italians! How do you make your pesto, Christina?
Essentially the same as Mike does later on. Mortar and Pestle. First the garlic and the salt, then add the nuts, then add a handful at a time of basil, then parm and then oil. I don't measure, just go by site. Normally a clove of garlic per two people, a spoon of nuts per two and basil until the flavor is right. I also sometimes add a chile pepper (the dried ones) when doing the garlic and salt part. -- Cristina chianti-assistance.comchianti-assistance.comOpen ↗ Relocation Assistance, Vacation Consulting, Local Concierge Info on Moving to Italy and Driving in Italy
Katra, it takes but a few minutes to make pesto and we let it sit for about an hour max otherwise IMO the basil looses some of its flavor. But then, here in Italy what do we know ;-)
Quoted message said:
Cristina
I'll defer to the Italians! How do you make your pesto, Christina?
Essentially the same as Mike does later on. Mortar and Pestle. First the garlic and the salt, then add the nuts, then add a handful at a time of basil, then parm and then oil. I don't measure, just go by site. Normally a clove of garlic per two people, a spoon of nuts per two and basil until the flavor is right. I also sometimes add a chile pepper (the dried ones) when doing the garlic and salt part.
I'm curious. What's it called if you leave out the pine nuts?
I'm curious. What's it called if you leave out the pine nuts?
Around here (Tuscany) it is just called pesto (ignoring the missing ingredient) or if you want to be accurate pesto senza pinoli but there might be another name in other regions. -- Cristina chianti-assistance.comchianti-assistance.comOpen ↗ Relocation Assistance, Vacation Consulting, Local Concierge Info on Moving to Italy and Driving in Italy
I'm curious. What's it called if you leave out the pine nuts?
Around here (Tuscany) it is just called pesto (ignoring the missing ingredient) or if you want to be accurate pesto senza pinoli but there might be another name in other regions.
Many thanks! I'll continue calling my pesto w/o pinoli - pesto and with no remorse. >W<