UK and Europe · Public discussion

Peugeot 307 Estate

Started by Bob C · · Last activity · 9 posts · 442 views

Thread navigation

Jump through the discussion

Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
UK and Europe
Published
18 March 2008
Last activity
18 March 2008
Original author
Bob C
Posts
9
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
442
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–9 of 9
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. Will an MTB fit into a 307 estate?
    --
    Bob C

    --
    Posted via a free Usenet account from http://www.teranews.com

  2. Bob C said:

    Will an MTB fit into a 307 estate?

    Either one of ours (which have racks on for extra bulk points) will fit
    into a Fiesta, so you'd be having a serious case of Not Trying Very Hard
    if you couldn't squeeze it into a 307 estate!

    If it's proving resistive take one or both wheels and/or the seat off:
    that's what those QRs are for.

    Pete
    --
    Peter Clinch Medical Physics IT Officer
    Tel 44 1382 660111 ext. 33637 Univ. of Dundee, Ninewells Hospital
    Fax 44 1382 640177 Dundee DD1 9SY Scotland UK
    net [email hidden] http://www.dundee.ac.uk/~pjclinch/

  3. Bob C patnbob@unwired said:

    Will an MTB fit into a 307 estate?

    How much other stuff do you need to fit in with it? How many
    passengers?
    I used to get my bike in a 206 hatchback without needing to remove the
    wheels, but I had to fold down the back seats and tip the front
    passenger seat forward. A 406 estate will take up to 4 passengers or
    4 assembled bikes or any combination in between that totals 4.

  4. Bob C said:

    Will an MTB fit into a 307 estate?

    I'd hope so. I can get my old hard tail in the boot of a BMW 318 Compact
    (not much space in back compared to FWD cars) with the rear seats up and
    parcel shelf in place. And a full load of luggage for a fortnight for two
    people around it. I do need a few allen keys to put it back together. I can
    get a very large adult bike in the car with the seats down and front wheel
    removed.

    If planning to purchase a new, or relatively new car, go to the dealer with
    your bike and ask permission to try. I usually suggest that they point me
    to the oldest example of the body shape, and make sure my bike is clean and
    not oily. I've had the occaisional double-take from the salebod, but never
    a refusal. Were I refused, I would make it clear they had lost all
    possibility of a sale.

    - Nigel

    --
    Nigel Cliffe,
    Webmaster at http://www.2mm.org.uk/

  5. Bob C said:

    Will an MTB fit into a 307 estate?

    This isn't much information to go on. When I've put my bike in cars,
    the limiting factor has been getting saddle and handlebars through the
    tailgate. If you're tall, you will probably have to take the saddle off.

    Length is rarely a problem.

    Colin McKenzie

    --
    No-one has ever proved that cycle helmets make cycling any safer at
    the population level, and anyway cycling is about as safe per mile as
    walking.
    Make an informed choice - visit www.cyclehelmets.org.

  6. Bob C patnbob@unwired said:

    Will an MTB fit into a 307 estate?

    I was recently rather surprised to get two bikes in a Ford Puma, a
    large hybrid and a tourer, both with racks and mudguards. Front wheel,
    saddle + one crank and mudgaurd off the hybrid so it would go fairly
    flat, tourer on top with only the front wheel off.

    307 estate is big, I'd expect to get four bikes in with only minor
    dismantling.

    Rob

  7. On Tue, 18 Mar 2008 01:50:49 -0700 (PDT), POHB <[email hidden]>

    Quoted message said:
    Bob C patnbob@unwired said:

    Will an MTB fit into a 307 estate?

    How much other stuff do you need to fit in with it? How many
    passengers?
    I used to get my bike in a 206 hatchback without needing to remove the
    wheels, but I had to fold down the back seats and tip the front
    passenger seat forward. A 406 estate will take up to 4 passengers or
    4 assembled bikes or any combination in between that totals 4.

    Rubbish!

    I've had eight assembled bikes in my 406.

    (Though they were 2x16', 2x20' and 4x24' bikes).

  8. Bob C <patnbob@unwired> wrote in news:47df5363$0$26050$88260bb3
    @free.teranews.com:

    Quoted message said:

    Will an MTB fit into a 307 estate?

    I had a 307SW which is very similar to the estate - the roofline is quite
    low over the boot area. THe effect of this is that it was quite tricky to
    get a road bike in.

    (The 407SW is a different kettle of herrings - the rear opening is much
    smaler than it looks, and the load area is actually smaller than the 307's
    load area.)

  9. Bob C patnbob@unwired said:

    Will an MTB fit into a 307 estate?
    --
    Bob C

    --
    Posted via a free Usenet account fromhttp://www.teranews.com

    Are you looking to just throw the bike in the back without removing
    wheels, seat, etc or is stripping the bike down before putting it in
    the car part of the process?

    If you just want to be able to throw the bike in, as is, I'd say it'll
    just fit, depending on the bike. If your MTB is fitted with QR wheels
    and seat, they after a couple mins work it'll fit into almost any car.

    I ended up getting a Mazda 5, 'cos I could throw my bike in the back
    without removing any parts and it's still a small 'ish' car.

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.