Photo of a very young Ullrich with BigMig !

limerickman said:
Nice one, Pro.
Not very impressed with BigMigs grey suit/shirt !

Nice shot of Marco though.
BigMig needs to take some fashion lessons from Big Cippo.

MountainPro said:
BigMig needs to take some fashion lessons from Big Cippo.

At least BigMig looks presentable (normally) - Cippo looks like something out of 1980's Miami Vice espisode.

limerickman said:
At least BigMig looks presentable (normally) - Cippo looks like something out of 1980's Miami Vice espisode.
Wait...there's something wrong with the 1980's Miami Vice look?
I need a new wardrobe.

limerickman said:

LOL! Yeah, I have to agree. I guess Cippo is considered stylish and fashionable by some. But to me your description is more accurate.

I like the photo of Ullrich and Big Mig. Pantani photo is good too. Makes a better avatar than the one you had before Mountainpro. The guy with the tatooed head was a little bizzarre. I guess my dog is too though! :eek:

meehs said:
LOL! Yeah, I have to agree. I guess Cippo is considered stylish and fashionable by some. But to me your description is more accurate.

I like the photo of Ullrich and Big Mig. Pantani photo is good too. Makes a better avatar than the one you had before Mountainpro. The guy with the tatooed head was a little bizzarre. I guess my dog is too though! :eek:

I like the Ullrich/Indurain shot - it's different to the usual cycling shots.

And I agree - the new Pro avatar is far better.

As for Cipo and his dress sense - I suppose it's down to personal taste at the end of the day.
We have a phrase here "Europop" - which I'll try to define for you.
It's European disco scene look - very bleached jeans, rolled up jacket sleeves,
aged MOR singers with long, bleached hair.
Remember MTV in it's early years : John Farnham, Europe - well that's what Cippo reminds me of.

meehs said:
Pantani photo is good too. Makes a better avatar than the one you had before Mountainpro. The guy with the tatooed head was a little bizzarre. I guess my dog is too though! :eek:
thanks...i had a friend who had a dog just like that, a Staffordshire Bull Terrier. But yours has more pointed ears....what is it?

yea, perhaps the uncoolsest music scene ever was the 80's europop typified in Eurovision at the time....

still, nothing beats 'my lovely horse' by Ted and Dougall.

limerickman said:
I like the Ullrich/Indurain shot - it's different to the usual cycling shots.

And I agree - the new Pro avatar is far better.

As for Cipo and his dress sense - I suppose it's down to personal taste at the end of the day.
We have a phrase here "Europop" - which I'll try to define for you.
It's European disco scene look - very bleached jeans, rolled up jacket sleeves,
aged MOR singers with long, bleached hair.
Remember MTV in it's early years : John Farnham, Europe - well that's what Cippo reminds me of.

My girlfriend, who lived in Italy for a year, thinks Cipo is the 2nd hottest cyclist in the world (after Hincapie -- must be the shades). I think it's an Italian fashion thing. The scruffy beard, v-neck shirts and expensive suits. Wouldn't fly in other countries.

MountainPro said:
thanks...i had a friend who had a dog just like that, a Staffordshire Bull Terrier. But yours has more pointed ears....what is it?

yea, perhaps the uncoolsest music scene ever was the 80's europop typified in Eurovision at the time....

still, nothing beats 'my lovely horse' by Ted and Dougall.

My dog (Max - not a very creative name I know) is a Staffy Bull too. His ears really aren't as pointy as they appear in the avatar. I must've just caught them at a weird angle. I also have a 130 lb. Olde English Bulldogge named Titan. He's the one responsible for toppling my Cannondale CAAD5 into a Support beam in my garage, denting the top tube! AND... He tipped my Trek X01 into such a position that my wife backed over my sweetly broken-in Brooks B17 when she left for work the next morning. I suppose my wife is right that it's my own stupid fault for leaving the bikes where I did... But still! :eek: The dog's a wrecking machine!

tcklyde said:
My girlfriend, who lived in Italy for a year, thinks Cipo is the 2nd hottest cyclist in the world (after Hincapie -- must be the shades). I think it's an Italian fashion thing. The scruffy beard, v-neck shirts and expensive suits. Wouldn't fly in other countries.

The women do go for him.

Maybe I'm just jealous !

limerickman said:
The women do go for him.

Maybe I'm just jealous !

True. It seems like whenever I see photos of Cippos he's surrounded by a bevy of luscious babes.

meehs said:
True. It seems like whenever I see photos of Cippos he's surrounded by a bevy of luscious babes.
whenever I think of Cipo I imagine him lying on the beach in july, because his team was excluded from the tour.