Pinarello Value In The Marketplace

TPLawnPro

Aug 30, 2007
I was just about to purchase a GIANT TCR C1; that is, until I began noticing the value of other bikes that I have now been introduced. For instance, the Pinarello F3:13 Ultegra Bike, and the Kuota Kharma.

Here I was last Saturday, about to drop GIANT's asking price of $3,100 for the TCR C1, and then I am introduced to the Pinarello.

Man, now I am really confused. Either I am going to get the Pinarello, or GIANT is going to have to do some price-point re-structuring - and do it soon.

I'm not trying to bash GIANT, but damn! The Pinarello F3:13 sure does seem like a far greater value to me than the GIANT TCR C1. Can anyone convince me otherwise?

Your feedback is certainly appreciated.

http://bobs-bicycles.com/itemdetails.cfm?catalogId=39&id=629
love the price on this!!If you are willing to step down a notch but not much different then TCR1
giant_tcr_comp_2_06_m.jpg

1500! Really nice looking bike to me.Carbon frame and light.

I did see that bike at my LBS. Nice ride indeed. I am a real stickler for the Ultegra group. Have used it on most of my bikes religiously since 1987, back when it was Ultegra 600.

On a side note, I must say that the new Ultegra SL group is some pretty good looking stuff. That is sort of why I was leaning more toward the new GIANT TCR C1.

Thanks for the feedback.

TPLawnPro said:
I was just about to purchase a GIANT TCR C1; that is, until I began noticing the value of other bikes that I have now been introduced. For instance, the Pinarello F3:13 Ultegra Bike, and the Kuota Kharma.

Here I was last Saturday, about to drop GIANT's asking price of $3,100 for the TCR C1, and then I am introduced to the Pinarello.

Man, now I am really confused. Either I am going to get the Pinarello, or GIANT is going to have to do some price-point re-structuring - and do it soon.

I'm not trying to bash GIANT, but damn! The Pinarello F3:13 sure does seem like a far greater value to me than the GIANT TCR C1. Can anyone convince me otherwise?

Your feedback is certainly appreciated.
I've owned a Pinarello F4:13, and is an awesome bike, I'm not sure about the 3:13 but it appears to be same style frame maybe a little heavier.
Look at it this way, pound for pound they've both been manufactured in Taiwan, you're probably going to get the same qulity ride, and if the components are similar the only deciding vote would be the looks; and let's face it the 3:13 is a far better looking ride compared to the Giant.